• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

Feanor II

Baronet
I'm not using any POG on chests yet. I'm only opening the free chest at this point. 10 runs should get me 5 of the kits. I'll open a set of chests on the 9th and 10th runs to get the other 2 kits.
Unless they've changed it (and assuming I'm understanding what you're doing correctly), you can't do this. It resets to 0/6 after each festival, so you can do low-cost chests each time and have them accumulate.

DeletedUser7624

I just completed my 35th quest (upgrade buildings 250 times) and did NOT receive any pots of gold.
You didn't understand. He was talking about quest on main screen of the game not TASKS within event window. For rush quests 1-35 we get 100 PoG each. Afger that21 dailyquest kicks in @150 PoG each.

DeletedUser7624

Unless they've changed it (and assuming I'm understanding what you're doing correctly), you can't do this. It resets to 0/6 after each festival, so you can do low-cost chests each time and have them accumulate.
I think he means that doing more runs will get him more tasks done and more grand prizes won. And only on last 2 runs he willspend 1900 PoG each run for full set of 6 chests in order to get selection kit

DeletedUser8743

Taz, upgrade 250 times is TASK from event not QUEST for PoG
Exactly. My interpretation of the post is that you get 150 POG each for completing the 36th through 38th tasks. I've stopped before that so I can't confirm the accuracy of the post.

DeletedUser8743

10 runs is less than 7,000 POG. On the 9th run, I'll open a full set for 1900. Then on the 10th run I'll open another full set for 1900 again. For a total of 10,800 POG.

DeletedUser10047

Exactly. My interpretation of the post is that you get 150 POG each for completing the 36th through 38th tasks. I've stopped before that so I can't confirm the accuracy of the post.
Sorry, my post was in error - it was my 36th quest, not my 35th. I have completed 36/38 now.

DeletedUser10047

You didn't understand. He was talking about quest on main screen of the game not TASKS within event window. For rush quests 1-35 we get 100 PoG each. Afger that21 dailyquest kicks in @150 PoG each.
All right. That makes sense. Thanks.

10 runs is less than 7,000 POG
10 runs is only one thing: NUTS.

but some people really seem to enjoy that blunt little game so much they even volunteer for more rounds. :oops: :oops: :oops:

so disclaimer:
my strategy as laid out here, here (and here) does NOT claim it's the ONLY one or the CHEAPEST one possible.

that was never the aim anyways:
it is a strategy that works with the the provided amount of gold pots and a MINIMUM NUMBER OF LIMBO RUNS.

so you can do it because you have to (if you want a full celtic set) - and be done with it in an efficient way.

any other strategy may safe you a handful of gold pots per run - at the cost of more runs.
and MAYBE ONE additional piece set (if you are lucky).
not even worth to consider imho.

Last edited:

Rakanu

Farmer
I've been in many events and a long time player. This is my first post on beta and the only reason I am even posting is because of the quality of this event. This one I will be skipping when it goes live and I am a guild leader of a large guild and will be telling the rest of the guild to skip this event also. There are a couple of us in beta and we both are thinking the same thing and posting about the event already in our guild. The payout on this event is definitely not worth the time and diamonds spent to complete it.

This event is way more complicated than it needs to be. There are no instructions for it whatsoever unless you hit the website and start searching for it before you begin. It is too time consuming for all but the hardcore players. Have you seen how much math you guys have in this forum? That is beyond most of the people out there unless there is a walk through that explicitly tells people what to do.

I believe this will be the first event I will skip in over 3 years when it goes live unless it changes drastically. I just don't have the patience to do an event that starts out fast and needs so much attention in the beginning and in the end is painful watching it build shamrocks.

DeletedUser7246

Hello, dear FoE-developers.

There shouldn't be tasks to upgrade Hat manager, Flower manager and any other managers - it should be more indefinitely task - like "upgrade 1 any manager" - it was said a lot about it previously - and I completely agree. Let people decide and count what they want and what they don't want to upgrade and even to hire. I didn't want for example to hire a flower manager at 2nd stage. but I was forced to do it, actually, twice: 1) by task to hire her at the beginning and 2) by task to produce billions of flowers at the end.

The event doesn't forget mistakes and requires a lot of calculations to pass through it effectively - I guess only 1 of 10 players would like it.

As it was for me:

At 1st round I've made mistake of upgrading managers too far - because I didn't know that "next stage" is the same festival from the start with the same zero managers from the start - it costs me about 1000 precious PoG. I've even got 350 lvls of festival and ship. That was balanced and nice festival. I've completed 36/38 tasks and decided to go to the "next stage" as soon as possible - and oops... What a surprise - start festival all over again. But I was lucky enough this time to open just the free chest.

At 2nd round I've hired only managers that necessary for tasks - but I'd pefer not to hire and upgrade some of them... There should be an option like "skip this task and return to it later" maybe with saving the progress of that task or maybe with warrant "Are you sure? Your progress will be lost!" Or maybe (as it was said numerous times) just replace it with "Upgrade Any manager 1 time" (not 2 or 3 times, please, let people choose some tactics and strategy). But people definitely shouldn't be forced to spend money on crap managers!
But this round I've decided to open all chests. I had a hope that prices would be like "free-50-100-150-200-250" (No info about prices in the announcement). And that was an unpleasant surprise number two - "free-50-100- 250 (what? hell... but okay)..." And when I've seen the price of 500 PoG for the 5th chest I've stopped. So 4 opened chest with 400 PoG wasted almost for nothing. And the 6th is... 1000??? Really??? I was very surprised when I have found this info on forum... It should be a bit cheaper -maybe 800. It will give at least 200 PoG for some mistakes or some strategy.

I've started 3rd round - and now I'm stuck on it because I know that I need 1900 PoG to open all chests - and I've wasted a lot of PoG while exploring the event opportunities. Possible solution to prevent people of doing such big mistakes - is to make available only 5 quests per day until the 20th quest. It is 4 days - not much to loose all chances but enough (I guess) to understand the mechanics of the event. After the 20th quest let quests appears as it always was in last events.

And the event is unbalanced in tasks: with Fest. manager 3 and Ship manager 4 (required for tasks) - it is annoying to see all those Shamrocks that I could produce on fabriques and deliver to Fest. manager - but he can't deliver them all to Festival. About 20 aa just laying near him useless, and he can only deliver about 22t per minute. Now he is 321lvl. And I think there is need to UP him to next "x2 multiplier" (or x3, or whatever) not on the 200-250-300-350 lvl, but at 200-225-250-275-300-320(especially here!!!)-340-360-370-380-.... So there will be more options to synchronize him with the ship.
And the last task (to upgrade Fireworks 100 times) - absolutely unpleasant. Let it be about 70 - hard but possible.

And I will not regret if this event never appears in main worlds at all - it is too much time-eating and click-click-clicking.

DeletedUser9541

Stage 4 starts with the Same Problem as stage 2. The quantities do not appear in the quest bar. Come on. Please fix all stages!

dannymac12

Farmer
One of the last quests is getting 50aa shamrocks. The boat has been going full speed for 2 days and has only gotten to around 6aa shamrocks. Does this mean I sit round for 8 days to get the 50 aa shamrocks?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
One of the last quests is getting 50aa shamrocks. The boat has been going full speed for 2 days and has only gotten to around 6aa shamrocks. Does this mean I sit round for 8 days to get the 50 aa shamrocks?

If you're going to complete that one you should upgrade your festival further. you should be able to get it to ~1 aa/hr if you're doing all the tasks at 300 festival/300 ferry/50 fireworks and then would only need to wait 2 days or so for that one.

conqueror9

Regent
1st. Among of incident give "pot of gold" is very rare, u cannot find one even in a day
2nd. Even you find a incident, "pot of gold" is very small amount. In beta world, they should be large amount, it give beta tester to test more

3rd. The task bar under "Grand Prize" only provide 3 quests, that is not enough. we have met many times that we need to upgrade 3 manager to next level. As we do not have sufficient diamond or "pot of gold". We are hold-up until next round. This is "no good". it is better to add the 4th quest so that player get lesser chance to hold-up by "manager upgrade", meanwhile if 2 "manager upgrade", we can still progress with 3rd quest, but the 3rd quest is also "manager upgrade", we are "Dead". With the introduction of 4th quest, we still have chance to progress...

4th. "wishing well" should be removed from the grand-prize. we have many way to get "wishing well". It is much better to add more "event building", like "celtic forest selection kit" or "50 fp"...etc, the current grand prize is hard to progress

if the above cannot be improved in beta world, hope it can be improved in game world

conqueror9

Regent

if u wish to get a mini quest done with 8 days, it is 1/25, no one would object you
however if u collect "8.4a"<-- check your lower right corner of event-panel, and then u can go to next round, u can do a mini quest within a few seconds that give u exactly same 1/25

zlobnyj bot

Squire
Hello, dear FoE-developers.

There shouldn't be tasks to upgrade Hat manager, Flower manager and any other managers - it should be more indefinitely task - like "upgrade 1 any manager" - it was said a lot about it previously - and I completely agree. Let people decide and count what they want and what they don't want to upgrade and even to hire. I didn't want for example to hire a flower manager at 2nd stage. but I was forced to do it, actually, twice: 1) by task to hire her at the beginning and 2) by task to produce billions of flowers at the end.

At 1st round I've made mistake of upgrading managers too far - because I didn't know that "next stage" is the same festival from the start with the same zero managers from the start - it costs me about 1000 precious PoG. I've even got 350 lvls of festival and ship. That was balanced and nice festival. I've completed 36/38 tasks and decided to go to the "next stage" as soon as possible - and oops... What a surprise - start festival all over again. But I was lucky enough this time to open just the free chest.

At 2nd round I've hired only managers that necessary for tasks - but I'd pefer not to hire and upgrade some of them... There should be an option like "skip this task and return to it later" maybe with saving the progress of that task or maybe with warrant "Are you sure? Your progress will be lost!" Or maybe (as it was said numerous times) just replace it with "Upgrade Any manager 1 time" (not 2 or 3 times, please, let people choose some tactics and strategy). But people definitely shouldn't be forced to spend money on crap managers!
[/ QUOTE]
zeroing managers, along with tasks to improve them, is just a complete finish.
[QUOTE = "Лизелотта, должность: 95899, участник: 7246"]
And the event is unbalanced in tasks: with Fest. manager 3 and Ship manager 4 (required for tasks) - it is annoying to see all those Shamrocks that I could produce on fabriques and deliver to Fest. manager - but he can't deliver them all to Festival. About 20 aa just laying near him useless, and he can only deliver about 22t per minute. Now he is 321lvl. And I think there is need to UP him to next "x2 multiplier" (or x3, or whatever) not on the 200-250-300-350 lvl, but at 200-225-250-275-300-320(especially here!!!)-340-360-370-380-.... So there will be more options to synchronize him with the ship.
And the last task (to upgrade Fireworks 100 times) - absolutely unpleasant. Let it be about 70 - hard but possible.

And I will not regret if this event never appears in main worlds at all - it is too much time-eating and click-click-clicking.
[/ QUOTE]
in time, it’s really about 4 hours at least you need to sit on the first launch.
to understand that a simple pumping of buildings and enterprises with a ship only harms quests!
also did not find where you can refuse or skip the task, since many of them are already impossible because of the cost of upgrades for example.

DeletedUser10025

Does anyone have an idea of how much PoG (gold) required to have 2nd set of celtic forest?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Does anyone have an idea of how much PoG (gold) required to have 2nd set of celtic forest?

A rough guess would be about 1900 per piece (the cost of a round of chests at the end of a run; you'll probably need more runs too which cost pots of gold but they'll contribute some in the form of more tasks for grand prizes as well). So if you want an entire 10 more, ~19000.