• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

DeletedUser10263

Is it possible to make the event game window a bit larger. Yes I know I can zoom in using Chrome's enlarge/reduction tool, but I shouldn't have to. The icons for each task is kind of hard to see which building it is on glancing at it without requiring to actually open the pull down. Like why bother making icons if we can't even see the tiny picture in the icon.

Attachments

• Tiny_Window.jpg
    Tiny_Window.jpg
    908.8 KB · Views: 59

Feanor II

Baronet
So far I'm just skipping the last couple tasks, getting the 8.44aa and moving on. It seems like you finish more tasks moving on to a new festival than waiting forever on the last couple for the current one. I could be way off though

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
So far I'm just skipping the last couple tasks, getting the 8.44aa and moving on. It seems like you finish more tasks moving on to a new festival than waiting forever on the last couple for the current one. I could be way off though

You're not wrong. The extremes of the balance spectrum as it appears to me so far:

1) Finishing most tasks and using 4 for festival and ferry manager, you can complete a stage once a day easily enough. Trouble is you consume ~1000 pots of gold per run even without chests. You'll only get enough free pots to do ~11 completions like this over the event even though you have time for 20 and you'll have no pots for chests. As such some of the runs you might choose to spend more time and do the last couple tasks because you don't have the pots of gold for extra runs anyways.

2) Finishing less tasks and stopping at 3 for the festival and ferry manager you can get the cost per run down further. At 3/3 festival/ferry it's looking like a day and a half per completion or about 14 over the course of the event burning ~5k pots to do 18 tasks per run leaving you with ~6k for opening chests, hiring better managers to complete the run faster, or completing more tasks per run.

Optimum lies somewhere between those two extremes and choosing where to spend extra pots to improve your result best is the question still :)

Last edited:

xxGuruxx

Farmer
Not sure if it is a bug or expected behavior.

1st round of Treasure chests I only selected 4 chests, then started a new stage. At this point do the chests reset to zero and when someone would get to the treasure chests a second time it would be 0 of 6 or would the first 4 selected carry over?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Not sure if it is a bug or expected behavior.

1st round of Treasure chests I only selected 4 chests, then started a new stage. At this point do the chests reset to zero and when someone would get to the treasure chests a second time it would be 0 of 6 or would the first 4 selected carry over?

Only people dumping bigtime diamonds would have a chance to have seen that yet. I'm testing that myself since I only opened 1 on my first pass. I'm curious which benefit I'll get on my second completion:
1) a new slate of 6 prizes since the first 6 for me really sucked - would be a reasonable replacement for no daily special; you could wait til a run has things you want before opening chests.
2) steady progress towards unlocking a selection kit on the cheap - would make getting extra set pieces far more feasible if you could say do 14 runs of 3 chests opened and get 7 selection kits.

DeletedUser9733

Is this a bug that needs to be reported?
The ferry end to end button on the right sides hides part of the quantity of stock when there is large amount of stock waiting to be shipped.

Attachments

• Button issue.jpg
    Button issue.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited by a moderator:

Aeshma

Merchant
I feel this would have been better added as something other than an event. Events up to now have been something almost anyone can complete with even a busy schedule. It is really hard to tell what is supposed to be done here and I am just blindly upgrading stuff. In all other events I can squeeze the quests into my limited time to play but now I have to play some other minigame on top of all that ? Sorry but I don't have enough hours in the day to sit in front of my computer doing this, this is almost as bad as settlements which I also don't bother with due to time.

intermediate conclusion:

* FAR too time consuming
* imbalanced (only one factory really counts)
* no appropriate compensation for daily prices
* bad information politics for a new event TYPE (chest prices, chest reset, manager prices)
* mean mechanics (lose chest progress if you don't have enough gold)
* choice of grinding your butt off or buying overpriced chests not welcome
* tedious tasks with too high price and no cancellation option (adding that option highly recommended)
* not much tactical choice really (not talking about strategy at all)

--> looks like inno is going down the path of other large corporations:
getting lazy with too much money, and letting users alpha-test
(that event is in no way beta ripe)

As I've mentioned before, I played a game (and I'm sure there are many more like that) that are build upon the exact same principles as this event, so I'm guessing Inno borrowed this idea for the event.

I can tell you ONE huge difference between the game I played and this event. It did NOT have a bottleneck like the ship and festival. All the goods (shamrocks in this case) that you produced, where added directly to your total available goods (shamrocks) instead of going through a middle step like this ship or festival. And this is why this event is so unbalanced. They introduced a middle step that just doesn't really work with the initial mechanics. IF we had more time (if it was a game and and not an event), MAYBE we could balace out the production from factories with the ship/festival, but here we cannot do that.

So yeah, I think this event is just a failed design. Maybe someone will figure it out (though it shouldn't even be that complicated in the first place), but right now looking at how much time is needed and the little reward you get for that, just don't feel like it's worth a sweat.

@wowo the woolve warrior 100% agree with your above post.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I feel this would have been better added as something other than an event. Events up to now have been something almost anyone can complete with even a busy schedule. It is really hard to tell what is supposed to be done here and I am just blindly upgrading stuff. In all other events I can squeeze the quests into my limited time to play but now I have to play some other minigame on top of all that ? Sorry but I don't have enough hours in the day to sit in front of my computer doing this, this is almost as bad as settlements which I also don't bother with due to time.

It could potentially fit into a busy schedule. It's only attention-intensive at the start of a new stage, which you can move through in about an hour (potentially while doing other things).

Things to simplify it:
1) Only your most recent factory matters. Once it looks reasonable to save for the next factory do it.
2) Simple upgrade decision chart:
Lots of goods on left? Yes: Upgrade Festival No: Next Question
Lots of goods on right? Yes: Upgrade Ferry No: Upgrade Factory

Once you have a few levels in the last factory (the fireworks one) and a reasonable balance between festival/ferry/factory you can just leave it alone for hours at a time and pop in to dump levels when you have a chance. You don't gain that much by purchasing single levels as soon as they're available - only the next time you fill the progress bar and get a new multiplier really count for much. Ultimately pots of gold are the limiting factor more-so than how fast you can complete the stage. There is likely a difference in which options are preferable to use them depending on how much time you can spend in the minigame.

Feanor II

Baronet
I might be in the minority here, but I'm enjoying the mini-game. The only thing I object to is the extra filler in the prize cycle; also if indeed the chest prices increase progressively at the end of each festival that's a real bummer. I've only finished one so far, so haven't seen it firsthand.

DeletedUser9570

* tedious tasks with too high price

Just now I have to collect 112,500 coins in a quest, way too much for Industrial Age, maybe by a factor of 10 - it takes forever! I've noted over the last events that the amounts of coins or supplies to be collected in the quests rises from event to event and NOT just if you moved on into a new age.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9977

I like these kind of events. It's challenging. But with all things that expects you to actually think & plan - the info needs to be super clear.
Suggestions:
1. More tooltips with explanations
2. There should be a number on each manager indicating what level it's on.
3. The first factory you get. Move it to the side/up a bit. I assumed it was only the production of that factory that was piling up below it. (but I figured out that it's from all... though it took a while)
4. In the event main post there is info about a second boat. But there is no info on how/when to get it.
5. You can go further to the next level/step - but it's not that clear of why you should, or if you should even.
6. Can't find any info about the difference of upgrading your manager (using the pots of gold) and using shamrocks to increase production/speed. How/when should you use them?

It took a while to figure things out, and after talking to my guild friends, we think we got it.

Feanor II

Baronet
I like these kind of events. It's challenging. But with all things that expects you to actually think & plan - the info needs to be super clear.
Suggestions:
1. More tooltips with explanations
2. There should be a number on each manager indicating what level it's on.
3. The first factory you get. Move it to the side/up a bit. I assumed it was only the production of that factory that was piling up below it. (but I figured out that it's from all... though it took a while)
4. In the event main post there is info about a second boat. But there is no info on how/when to get it.
5. You can go further to the next level/step - but it's not that clear of why you should, or if you should even.
6. Can't find any info about the difference of upgrading your manager (using the pots of gold) and using shamrocks to increase production/speed. How/when should you use them?

It took a while to figure things out, and after talking to my guild friends, we think we got it.
#1 definitely!

I think I'm probably going to end up making a video to show my live-world guildmates a lot of this stuff so they know it upfront

Would like to see some Pots of Gold available in Daily Challenges, but that's probably a pipe dream :(
absolutely need pots of gold in daily challenges
no wonder inno comes up with crapware like this event (and think it's o.k.) o_O

user reaction after realising it's far too much work for far too little value:

GIVE US MORE WORK TO DO, WE WANT MORE TO DO, 24hrs permanent action are not enough ... :eek:

ps: you beta crowd are hilarious!!
(shouldn't you also use normal users as testers, instead of this bunch of beautiful game-addicts?)

Last edited:

DeletedUser4409

absolutely need pots of gold in daily challenges :) :) :) :)
But only with a choice between standard rewards and pots, like during the last baking event and not like in the first one (20% for an ingredient in every chest, an apple instead of 30 fps, who wouldn't be overjoyed? :confused:)

@Up Yep, totally stockholm syndrome situation :rolleyes: