• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

Sl8yer

Regent
I don't know if this has been mentioned but I'm not going back through 74 pages to find out. But since the event is almost over shouldn't there be a poll started to see how many players that have cities on live servers will actually play the event on the live server?

Why? Is that the normal procedure?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I don't know if this has been mentioned but I'm not going back through 74 pages to find out. But since the event is almost over shouldn't there be a poll started to see how many players that have cities on live servers will actually play the event on the live server?

It wouldn't change anything. They'll see the numbers in the end anyways in terms of how many people play, how many people spend, etc. It's not like they'd suddenly decide to *not* release it to live. And they've already stated no further balance changes are coming for it.

Hello, I was only interested in coordinating factories and delivering goods. Something new and fresh. Rewards, as always full trash. No interest in them. Some, I don't know how many groves count, I haven't even watched them. What a mess!!!

jtrucker

Baronet
And they've already stated no further balance changes are coming for it.
Why am I always missing these important messages? :D:D. I was waiting with posting my scathing report of this event for my guildies just in case something happens (like skipping tasks button or single filler for grand prize). Knowing this now I can get on it, post it and forget about it. And it DID have potential of being some nice new minigame, if they have listened even a little bit instead of screwing it up completely.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Why am I always missing these important messages? :D:D. I was waiting with posting my scathing report of this event for my guildies just in case something happens (like skipping tasks button or single filler for grand prize). Knowing this now I can get on it, post it and forget about it. And it DID have potential of being some nice new minigame, if they have listened even a little bit instead of screwing it up completely.

They hide them in all kinds of places (in this case it's in a Dudettas reply in the announcement post). If you don't follow all of daily change log, announcement, and feedback threads you'll miss some of the morsels lol.

jtrucker

Baronet
Well, working 14 hour shifts kinda collides with checking 3 different forums daily. Some days I even only scan this one. It is weekend when I can invest more time. The question is - do I want to? The answer is No, not really. But still, duty calls, so I try :cool:
Thanks for the info though. I better re-read the announcement page. Didn't know they are adding info past the announcement.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Well, working 14 hour shifts kinda collides with checking 3 different forums daily. Some days I even only scan this one. It is weekend when I can invest more time. The question is - do I want to? The answer is No, not really. But still, duty calls, so I try :cool:
Thanks for the info though. I better re-read the announcement page. Didn't know they are adding info past the announcement.

Oh I agree, I often find myself going 'what the heck are people talking about?' and having to dig for where it came from. wrt the announcement post I should probably hit watch on them after reading them in the future - usually i rely on autofollow when replying but you can't reply in announcements.

The daily change log I don't know what to do about - bit of a nuisance that there's a new one every week and usually nothing interesting in it.

Sinitar

Regent
@Dudettas ,can you confirm me again if the circle of tasks is that?
stage 1,4,7 will be have the 1st circle of task
stage 2,5,8 the 2nd circle
stage 3,6,9 the 3rd circle

DeletedUser7624

Personally, I've yet to come across a more detestable event.

Honestly though, I must say, 74 pages of feedback? That's nearly equal to the discussion of GBG. Shows how much everyone wants to speak about this event ;)
Main question would be what to say about event I mean positive/negative ratio

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
@Dudettas ,can you confirm me again if the circle of tasks is that?
stage 1,4,7 will be have the 1st circle of task
stage 2,5,8 the 2nd circle
stage 3,6,9 the 3rd circle
Yes I can confirm. Given the volume of the posts in this thread, this time it's been wiser to post updates in official announcements threads to avoid them being quickly lost.

DeletedUser4381

Event almost done, still can't skip upgrading managers of lower tiers.... If it hits live like this I'm skipping the event, as it just clogs (and eventually blocks) the task queue for the prizes.

vakini

Squire
Why dont FoE reverce the tasks "upgrade buildings" so the 250 upgrade came first, it is stupid to get upgrade 200 buildings in task 33 and later upgrade 250 in one of the remaining task, when all buildings dont need to be upgraded more.

Rakshas

Farmer
Just chill out until you get more pots of gold to upgrade lower tier managers. It's not that complex. You do know the purpose of the upgrade manager tasks is to prevent you from running the game constantly and getting unlimited prizes for free right?

DeletedUser8743

To be a contrarian, I like the event. Glad it has different gameplay than the other events. I like that there was no randomness to the event other than POG incidents. Had plenty of time and POG to get the 7 selection kits. Being able to trade off more runs versus opening more chests to get selection kits is good.

Besides improving the instructions, the one change I would make before going live is to allow the tasks to be canceled. It wasn't an issue for me but players shouldn't get stuck on tasks even if they made poor choices spending their POG. Good chance those players quit playing the event. If they can cancel tasks, they'll most likely fall short and may use diamonds to complete their set.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Just chill out until you get more pots of gold to upgrade lower tier managers. It's not that complex. You do know the purpose of the upgrade manager tasks is to prevent you from running the game constantly and getting unlimited prizes for free right?

That wouldn't be possible anyways. You still have to complete one city to start the next one which will require some amount of relevant managers (and more levels the more runs you'd want to do). Even with moderate ship/festival managers (lv3) doing more than 1 city a day isn't going to happen. And once you move onto lv5 managers, you're paying for the additional runs anyways.

The manager tasks rather serve to make sure it's almost pointless to do more runs by making it more expensive still to do so (you can't save enough vs just buying one round of chests per stage by trying hard to make a tangible difference). Or to punish you if you spent all your pots of gold in a hurry at the start.

what really puzzles me about this event ist that - apart from being an undue intrusion into player's lives, but that was mentioned plenty - it is the first event limiting diamond players to spend as much as they want:

with chest set cost increasing - and fast - every additional set you would want becomes much more expensive.

if that principle prevails it could set a dangerous precedent for the choose from three options buildings:
one set is free, second costs a lot, third costs double.

plus not being able to complete older sets (piazza, bridge - for whatever they are worth, but that's clearly not the point) would force us to use the antiques dealer excessively in the future.

plus not getting daily prices limits what we get to sell there ...

--> i really don't like where this is heading (and i'm happy i'm not a new player any more who has to start collecting everything from scratch).

DeletedUser8743

what really puzzles me about this event ist that - apart from being an undue intrusion into player's lives, but that was mentioned plenty - it is the first event limiting diamond players to spend as much as they want:

with chest set cost increasing - and fast - every additional set you would want becomes much more expensive.

if that principle prevails it could set a dangerous precedent for the choose from three options buildings:
one set is free, second costs a lot, third costs double.

plus not being able to complete older sets (piazza, bridge - for whatever they are worth, but that's clearly not the point) would force us to use the antiques dealer excessively in the future.

plus not getting daily prices limits what we get to sell there ...

--> i really don't like where this is heading (and i'm happy i'm not a new player any more who has to start collecting everything from scratch).
Its one event and the 1st time they've tried this mechanism. If not enough players participate, INNO will make adjustments. If diamond spenders don't spend enough diamonds, INNO will make adjustments. I'm glad they are trying something different. The other events play way too similar.