• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2022

Kronan

Viceroy
It's like watching grass grow. Get merchant to 300, get ship to 300, get fireworks to 50, then wait about 20 hours. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Honestly - I like tinkering with the controls to get there. Last year I kept detailed notes and micro-improved my time and cost with a couple of novel things. I didn't save pages of notes - I figured that this was the one of the most controversial (Meaning wide and diverging opinions) events I can remember, so never figured it would see the light of day after 2 years, and be offered for year 3.

I should have saved my copious notes. I had a great design. I think I got done 5 days early (got the full event prize last year), and let the thing RIP higher (since it didn't matter) to see how many shamrocks I could get before the event ended. I got it near 200Q... it was hilarious.

Last edited:

Kronan

Viceroy
I took a look at the bonuses for each level of the reward building and was surprised to see that level 1 and level 2 of the farmsted seem to be exactly the same. can this be right or am I missing something?

Agree - Single base and then BASE + 1 upgrade is showing the exact same productions, with no increase or additional rewards. I think someone copied the table of deliverables twice by mistake.

To see this, click on the upgrade kit and check the building progressions as you go higher.

Last edited:

Ironrooster

Baronet
Agree - Single base and then BASE + 1 upgrade is showing the exact same productions, with no increase or additional rewards. I think someone copied the table of deliverables twice by mistake.

To see this, click on the upgrade kit and check the building progressions as you go higher.
My coins went up from 12,600 to 12,700 - Industrial Age.
Not much of an increase, but there it is.

Kronan

Viceroy
My coins went up from 12,600 to 12,700 - Industrial Age.
Not much of an increase, but there it is.

I just joined beta, and am playing in IA, and there is no difference. So maybe the reward curve for this event building has a "no slope" increase for really young ages, and only peeks out for that tiny 100 coin increase a lot later in the ERA tree. That's possible. I think it should be reviewed, it feels like a mistake.

blueskydwg

Steward
The celtic farmstead is better than the fiore village.

Depends on your focus. My focus is on attack and attack defense. Attack defense is harder to get, so great value to the Fiore Village. Attack boost is more easily gotten - such as boosts or village tavern.

Don't get me wrong, the Farmstead will go up in my city, but if I had to choose one or the other, it would be the Village.

My main issue with this event is the difficulty in obtaining selection kits for the previous years' Druid Temple and Celtic Forest. With only a chance at the end of each settlement, which you then also have to spend pots of gold to obtain even if it is there, you are realistically looking at a maximum of 7-8 chances at these over the entire event, of which you can probably only afford the pots of gold for 2 or 3 of, unless you spend a significant number of diamonds. Given that both options were looking at 10 items for a full set, this would easily take 3 or 4 years to get a full set. Whilst every event is obviously unique, this just feels so far out of line with other events which use the daily special mechanic that it makes these buildings something you only really got if you were there the first time round.

Personally, I'd quite like to see at least a chance of getting these previous year items on the tasks as well. Even a 2% chance would probably only give most people 4 or 5 over the event, but it would feel like you at least had some way to start collecting these at a vaguely realistic pace.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
A small chance from each task would be really cool, would give some more incentive to play the event actively instead of just cruising through a handful of towns :) Of course people would still be able to do that, but for people that like the event and want to rush through many towns, this would be a very nice bonus!

I hit 10 Q shamrocks/8 hours this morning... Not hard to get there... I'll be done in 7 more hours. This thing is making shamrocks faster than the US Federal Reserve prints "fake" money (Federal Reserve Notes).
Well sure, if I didn't have a job and could access the game on mobile, I could have unlocked it in 7 hours too, but most people just don't have that kind of time for cookie clicker. Plus you need 10Q shamrocks just to unlock level 300 of the boat/festival or to unlock level 200 (?) of cupcakes that one task requires. I woke up with 20q shamrocks so it wasn't a problem for me.

Tresco

Farmer
There are instances of players not being paid out the 1400 pots on the completion of quest #45, when they have approached
support about it they have been told that they've received the pots when they know they haven't, just one example of the
many faults and bugs in this event along with no diamonds for some, no event at all at the start for some phone users seems
to be no point in there being a Beta, if when there are obvious flaws and they're pointed out the player is virtually accused
of cheating.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
There are instances of players not being paid out the 1400 pots on the completion of quest #45, when they have approached
support about it they have been told that they've received the pots when they know they haven't
We have only received a report from one player not receiving the 1400 pots of gold. We had a look at this account and found, when they received the pots of gold and where they used them. Your post here on the forum is the second report. Please create a ticket and we will have a look at your account.
just one example of the
many faults and bugs in this event
Could you please tell me what faults and bugs you are talking about? We are only aware of the issue with the diamonds and one smaller issue, regarding one avatar you get from the questline. Please report them, so we can have a look at them.
along with no diamonds for some
The issue with the diamonds is still being worked on and could not yet be resolved, unfortunately.
no event at all at the start for some phone users
This is not a bug. Events require a specific version, because important changes are only implemented with a specific version. It was always like this and is communicated in the announcement as a seperate comment. This Event is available, when you have 1.222. If you don't want to wait until you get this update, you can also download the beta app. This is one of the main reasons we created the beta app for you: For you to be able to test out the newest features/events, as soon as they are released.
no point in there being a Beta, if when there are obvious flaws and they're pointed out the player is virtually accused
of cheating.
I don't know what you mean by this statement. Could you please explain it a bit more? Thank you!

Last edited:
Could you please tell me what faults and bugs you are talking about?

Issues that st paddies has had multiple years in a row:

It can cost 50-100x the amount to upgrade ONE LEVEL that the festival produces each round AND the increment of increase of adding that one level is literally so small that it doesn't show up in the numbers (less than 0.01% change). This is mostly seen on the last 50 levels (250-300) of the festival/boat. The average festival takes perhaps 30 seconds (?) without upgraded manager, this is literally sitting and waiting for almost an hour just for ONE final level out of the final 50. Remember, to get the final upgraded price, we need to do a great number of towns over a period of 2 weeks and most of us are working people who arn't checking in on this every second to upgrade something right as it comes up.

ex. Right now my level 286 festival produces 1.01T shamrocks every 30 seconds, the cost is 71.4T shamrocks to upgrade. It costs 72x more than the festival produces, I just upgraded it and it's STILL on 1.01T shamrocks which is less than 0.01% increase in productions per level that I had to wait 36 minutes to upgrade if it even changed values at all. Thats pretty #'ed up numbers right there.

Many of the tasks that are 28 and above in the game would take you longer than to just pay for the next town. Gain 12Q shamrocks. Upgrade cupcakes to level 200. Upgrade 200 levels. Ext. Why ??? The next town should be the end-game achievement with nothing left to be accomplished.

The game doesn't give us enough pots to be able to do every town and get the final price in time before the event ends without having to apply extra strategy that makes the game more of a play of numbers rather than having fun. There's no point in playing a town when you run out of pots, wait a few days of tasks before playing again. This is mostly a hinderance on the fact that we can get stuck on tasks in the lineup for upgrading managers. If we weren't forced to pay pots and upgrade a manager just to get to the next task (allow to skip task or view all tasks), this could be mitigated. But simply, the game should give more pots. Not even a lot of pots either, 300 is probably enough to do the final town with only a little bit of misery.

I also just don't like how the festival/boat numbers are never equal....its an ocd thing.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
ex. Right now my level 286 festival produces 1.01T shamrocks every 30 seconds, the cost is 71.4T shamrocks to upgrade. It costs 72x more than the festival produces, I just upgraded it and it's STILL on 1.01T shamrocks which is less than 0.01% increase in productions per level that I had to wait 36 minutes to upgrade if it even changed values at all. Thats pretty #'ed up numbers right there.

It's more than 0.01%. The formula for the production of the various buildings (base) * (tier multipliers & manager multipliers) * level.

so 286->287 is expected to increase production by 1/286th = 0.3%. Which is a rounding error when it comes to 3 significant figures. The higher levels on a building are all about getting to the next tier not the contribution of an individual level.