• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Spring Event

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7487

This is an impossible event! Played all 25 quests. Got enough lanterns to open 6 big chests (120 ea). Got the Zen on quest #2 and got Sakura Rock as a bonus prize. Other than that, nothing from the chests for this cherry garden thing. Six chests yielded 200 lanterns, rogue hideout, 20 FP twice, reno kit, Med medals pkg. Sorry I wasted my time and resources in Beta. I know I'll skip when it gets to the live servers.
Great big raspberry :p to FoE for this one.

The event is not impossible at all, however if you waste all your lanterns opening chests that offer rogue hide-outs, rather than ones that offer the cherry garden buildings then getting the full set may well be impossible for you

DeletedUser

better they write in the announcement on the live servers
"if you want a complete set don't waste lanterns on other daily prizes" :oops:

because not everybody plays on the beta server and knows how to get the set buildings
some think: daily prize today: rogue hideout: cool I try to win it
and on the next day: no lanterns and a set building as daily prize. I thought they will come in the quest line or as grand prize. that really sucks

and does InnoGames really want that player think the event sucks ?

however if you waste all your lanterns opening chests that offer rogue hide-outs, rather than ones that offer the cherry garden buildings then getting the full set may well be impossible for you
and some will use all lanterns and try to get a full set

and because of bad luck they still don't get a full set
and then think: that really sucks

I think getting a full set shouldn't depend on
a) knowing the future of the event: and you need to know that set buildings are part of the daily prizes (some only play from day to day)
b) luck

Last edited by a moderator:

Irella

Merchant
I read that some have an answer to everything ... The fact remains that the number of lantern cherry trees that must appear are tiny and in addition they do not appear at all once in two.
And there's no need to polemic about it because it's a fact and not a matter of luck, designers and Inno wants testers, and then players on other worlds to buy lanterns, so diamonds. There is no need for a BAC +10 to be aware of it and even less ready-made answers on this subject.
After some will say « You are not obliged to make the event. » ... OK, except that there we are on the Beta, which says Beta says test, so if by default we are obliged to make the event to make a return, negative or positive on the Forum.

--------------------------------

Je lis que certains ont réponse à tout… Il n’en reste pas moins que le nombre de cerisiers à lanternes qui doivent apparaître sont infime et en plus ils n’apparaissent pas du tout une fois sur deux.
Et il est inutile de polémiquer à ce sujet car c’est un fait et non une question de chance, les concepteurs et Inno veut que les testeurs, puis les joueurs sur les autres mondes achètent des lanternes, donc des diamants. Il n’y a pas besoin d’un BAC +10 pour en être conscient et encore moins les réponses toutes faites à ce sujet.
Après certains diront « Vous n’êtes pas obliger de faire l’évènement. »… OK, sauf que là nous sommes sur la Bêta, qui dit Bêta dit teste, donc si par défaut nous sommes obligés de faire l’évènement pour faire un retour, négatif ou positif sur le Forum.

DeletedUser7487

because not everybody plays on the beta server and knows how to get the set buildings
and on the next day: no lanterns and a set building as daily prize. I thought they will come in the quest line or as grand prize. that really sucks

a) knowing the future of the event: and you need to know that set buildings are part of the daily prizes (some only play from day to day)
b) luck

I agree that they should certainly advise those on the live servers about how the main buildings can be gained at the release of the event, unfortunately for us we were not advised on this until it was too late for some. But then this is Beta and we are here to iron out any issues.

I also feel, as many others do that the trees are too rare and the prizes from them too small, I feel this should be looked into before any live release.

However, I do feel that luck should play a part in the game, it is a game after all... perhaps the devs dont want every single daily active player to be able to win all rewards in the game.

DeletedUser7306

Cherry Garden Set is a very good idea, which is implemented very very badly!! If we have two buildings as Daily special, there is no chance to collect a full set. And if you have not collected all 5 buildings, there is no sense to spend space in the city. When Inno started to create ideas only for players who have enough diamonds?
It would be better to make the other 2 buildings as Grand Prize, like a Sakura Rock. If you want to collect a set, you have to spend a lot of time, collect more lanterns and get more Grand Prizes. Or you can buy lanterns for diamonds and save your time.
Inno more and more disappointed me.

DeletedUser7487

Cherry Garden Set is a very good idea, which is implemented very very badly!! If we have two buildings as Daily special, there is no chance to collect a full set. And if you have not collected all 5 buildings, there is no sense to spend space in the city. When Inno started to create ideas only for players who have enough diamonds?
It would be better to make the other 2 buildings as Grand Prize, like a Sakura Rock. If you want to collect a set, you have to spend a lot of time, collect more lanterns and get more Grand Prizes. Or you can buy lanterns for diamonds and save your time.
Inno more and more disappointed me.

I dont see this being any different, spending more time on the game does not provide more lanterns, the only difference is that if it were done this way anyone that spent enough diamonds would be guarenteed the prizes, as there would be no eliment of luck and those that did not spend them would have no chance.

If Inno implemented such pay to win practices I would stop playing altogether.

I agree that this has not been implemented in the best way, but then that kind of thing is the entire reason for them running a Beta server.

Personnaly I think all they need do is adjust the ammount of lanterns from trees, or make trees generate more often, such as a chance of them generating when aiding.

You say there is no chance of collecting a full set, what do you base this on? I and many others have the 4 that have been available so far and if the 5th is a daily prize toward the end of the event then I expect that odds on I should be able to get that from the chests.

post edit: I have spent no diamonds on this event and doubt that I will need to.

DeletedUser4256

Even though I'm one of the lucky few (a F2P not a whale I mean) who is managing to get all the 5, I must agree with some of the concerns and complaints mentioned by players

I consider that a good prize must be something hard to get but I also consider that ALL the information must be given. Hidding or not telling all the information intentionally sometimes is the same thing as lying, as I guess you are not liers, please modify the announce when released on live servers telling players how the 5 pieces (not just some of them) can be won:

- a pair of them by completing the main event questline
- one of them as special reward
(*) - a pair of them as a daily special

(*) Giving this information doesnt mean to reveal strategic information of the event, its just to tell the truth or how it works regardless of the money, company benefits and other issues

Give the players the right to know and therefore to be able to choose what to do: "if I spend my lanters today maybe I wont have enough for the garden pieces to come"

DeletedUser7779

b) luck

Great analysis of the event. Thanks for summarizing all the complaints.
Indeed, I did spent all lanterns i had when rogues were up, and next day bummer... No lanterns for the pond. I spent 1000 + diamonds to get it and was really lucky that I got it on the last try. But I'm surely not doing this on live servers. If we could at least know if it would be available as daily special again? This lack of information, combined with the $ we need to spend and the gambling concept makes a well designed event total crap.
If this goes live the way it is, you will piss millions of people. I'm so close to quitting the game becoz of the lag and impossibility to fight in gvg, but if you release the event with the obvious concept of 'pay to win', I'm done.

DeletedUser7487

Great analysis of the event. Thanks for summarizing all the complaints.
Indeed, I did spent all lanterns i had when rogues were up, and next day bummer... No lanterns for the pond. I spent 1000 + diamonds to get it and was really lucky that I got it on the last try. But I'm surely not doing this on live servers. If we could at least know if it would be available as daily special again? This lack of information, combined with the $ we need to spend and the gambling concept makes a well designed event total crap.
If this goes live the way it is, you will piss millions of people. I'm so close to quitting the game becoz of the lag and impossibility to fight in gvg, but if you release the event with the obvious concept of 'pay to win', I'm done.

One other point is that it should be clarified if the daily specials only appear once throughout the event, or if they cycle, therefore meaning there is more than one day on which we can claim these buildings.

I am sure that not only would this information save upset on the live servers, but that those players who missed out on the 4th building here would also benefit from this information.

DeletedUser6908

Not knowing when or how often the daily specials appear is a clear way to 'encourage' people to use more diamonds. If something that you want is the daily prize today and you don't know that something that you REALLY want is going to be the daily prize tomorrow you are more likely to use your lanterns today and then purchase lanterns tomorrow. Don't see that changing.

DeletedUser4285

Personnaly I think all they need do is adjust the ammount of lanterns from trees, or make trees generate more often, such as a chance of them generating when aiding.

It sure would be nice to be able to see 20s and 50s from the trees. Inno devs can make it so we get 1, 5, 20 or 50.

One other point is that it should be clarified if the daily specials only appear once throughout the event, or if they cycle, therefore meaning there is more than one day on which we can claim these buildings.

I am sure that not only would this information save upset on the live servers, but that those players who missed out on the 4th building here would also benefit from this information.

I am glad some prize like SoK wasn't shown before the nishikigoi pond. What a bummer it would have been spending all the lanterns that day and if the next day it was the pond.

sirblu

Baronet
The Cherry trees appearing in the City are either not disappearing once collected and/or they are giving an Internal Error message and kick you out of the game.
Example: My city had 2 Cherry Trees. Clicked on the first one. got 1 lantern and the tree disappeared. Clicked on the 2nd one, nothing happened and second tree did not highlight when I hovered over it like the others. Clicked on the second tree again, got 1 lantern but tree did not disappear. Clicked on it again and got an Internal Error message and was kicked out of server.

DeletedUser

The cherry trees are sometimes barely tapable in the app and sometimes almost off-screen why I have to leave them there.
Even zooming etc. does not help.

Macha

Squire
i have played on live games for over 4 years & in all that time i think i have completed every event & got all the event buildings & i'm disappointed that the 1st time we get a set of event buildings that link together to give extra, useful bonuses that getting them all will depend on luck or diamonds, even using all my lanterns here i wasnt 1 of the lucky 1s to get the pond

DeletedUser6908

So the Zen Zone is a daily prize today even though that's the one that everyone got for free on quest 2. Without knowing what the Emperor's Entrance does it's hard to say whether we'd be better off getting two Zones since they would both fit in the same slot.

DeletedUser6908

The One-Story Pagoda can't even be motivated with diamonds. The option isn't there. Is this intended behavior?

DeletedUser6764

.................................................. ..............................

Second consecutive year to ruin events .. applause !!!

DeletedUser8071

This is a very serious question for the staff and Im not sure if it has been asked yet. Will we be able to get more than one set (all 5) during the event or do we only get one 1 gong for completing all the quest?

Also will certain pieces become a reward in GE?

DeletedUser7431

For some reason can't access "Bugs Section" ... in the Spring Event the "Daily Special" is supposed to be a Cherry Garden. However, when checking the boxes, there is no Cherry Garden available (but Zen Zone once again)
Bug ZZ 19-March-17.jpg

P.S.: Saw that the "Zen Zone" is now called "Cherry Garden".
However, that does get confusing, and the other 3 buildings didn't even show up yet to obtain. If you want us just to spend diamonds for a full set then say so.

Edit: NormaJeane - 2017-03-19 - Too large image(s), spoiler tags were added. Max size is: 600x480 pixels.