• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Special goods Market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
Provide a way for the Player to spend Special goods not longer needed. or way overstocked.
New business(market) opportunity.
Details
See above.
Balance
Trading Rates and limits are controlled by the game.
Trades will be limited by the Special Goods inventory the Player has available.
Abuse Prevention
None detected. Open to discussion
Summary
New market for Special Goods trading.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes, only Suggestion for Special Goods found is not related to trading.
Visual Aids
None.
Create a new Market (or add in current Market) for Special goods where trades will be accepted by offering a Special Goods in exchange of another Special Good,
Examples:
  • Valid Trade: 500 Mars Ore x 350 Asteroid Ice
  • Invalid Trade: 750 Lubricants x 500 Mars Ore
All other Market characteristics to be the same, including:
  • Trading only between Guildmates (at no FP cost), Friends (cost 1 FP per trade) and Neighbors (cost 1 FP per Trade).
  • Market screen with tabs for Trading, Create a Trade, Current Trades
  • Rates allowed from 0.5 to 2.0
  • Fair Trade and Guild Only checkboxes
  • Trades limits

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
I would personally argue, that one thing that makes special goods special is, that they can't be received like normal goods and only in special ways. It is useful, sure, but I would prefer, if you can't do this. If you need Prom, you can use the Arctic Harbour, if you need Mars Ore, you can use Synthesizers, ...

I would personally argue, that one thing that makes special goods special is, that they can't be received like normal goods and only in special ways
I'm only adding one more special way to obtain them: Special Trades that will only accept Special Goods as both Needed and Offered goods. If the Player attempt to create a mixed trade using a Non Special Good like Soy Protein against a Special Good like Mars Ore, the game must not accept to create this mixed trade until the Player change the goods to both Special Goods or both Non-Special Goods. The game should display a error message why the trade is rejected.
Better, at the Create Trade screen, after the Player:
  • if selects a Special Good, then when attempting to select the other good to complete the trade, only Special Goods are presented for selection, all other are grayed out or not listed in this case.
  • if selects a non-special good, then when attempting to select the other good to complete the trade, only non-special goods are presented for selection, all Special Goods are grayed out, or not listed in this case.

CrashBoom

Legend
-1, open to abuse

special goods are introduced to slow down the speed of research

with that a player can literally get all needed special goods for the already existing ages in a few minutes
(there are players having enough for already existing special goods to give it to other for FP in their GBs)
he only needs to have 1 Prom (and that one is available on the world map before entering AF. I think it was 10)
then he trades against 2 Ori, back to 4 Prom, 8 Ori, 16 Prom, ... (or start with 10 if he has that)

Balance:
Trading Rates and limits are controlled by the game.
Trades will be limited by the Special Goods inventory the Player has available.
actually the only limit is you need to have 1 special good
and then with enough trades the sky is the limit

Reason
Provide a way for the Player to spend Special goods not longer needed
but what is with the reason of implementing the special goods in the first place ?
need a long time to get enough to complete research :rolleyes:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
actually the only limit is you need to have 1 special good
and then with enough trades the sky is the limit
unless you limit the trade to 1:1 ratio

Overall, I think this suggestion defeats the purpose of the special goods

On the other hand, the synthesizers are a kind of poor implementation to generate older special goods. Fortunately, there still is the Space Carrier

Sl8yer

Regent
What Not To Suggest?

• Ideas to make yourself richer or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and have a element of strategy.

• Trading of items other than Goods (this is simply too open to abuse, and is potentially a breach of our game rules).

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?pages/forum_rules/

General Guidelines

- Please avoid shouting and formatting your post with different colours and font sizes out of respect for the readers of the forum.

GeniePower

Merchant
he only needs to have 1 Prom (and that one is available on the world map before entering AF. I think it was 10)
I'm in FE and already have 260 prom just from cmap. This idea is soooo open to abuse and against the idea of special goods. Mind you, I'm not looking forward to grinding through AF and OF but it's part of the game.

In order not to make trading in special goods too easy, trading could be restricted to those special goods that can also be produced.
Prom and Orichalcuim can be produced at ports/hubs.
all others can be produced with synthyetizers when not longer available at continental map.

your porposal would mean no special goods market at all.

unless you limit the trade to 1:1 ratio
1:1 rate Only? Allow to offer 200 Prom to get 200 Asteroid Ice? That would mean reach the Sky sooner.

would not be better to force 2:1 or 200 Mars Ore x 100 of the above era Asteroid Ice ?

Im open to rate or trade amounts restrictions to deal with any balance or abuse issues.

Last edited:
What Not To Suggest?

• Ideas to make yourself richer or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and have a element of strategy.

• Trading of items other than Goods (this is simply too open to abuse, and is potentially a breach of our game rules).

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?pages/forum_rules/

General Guidelines

- Please avoid shouting and formatting your post with different colours and font sizes out of respect for the readers of the forum.

When you stop the references to DSNL and instear use =the report function only if you think it is the case.

Prom and Orichalcuim can be produced at ports/hubs.
all others can be produced with synthyetizers when not longer available at continental map.

your porposal would mean no special goods market at all.
You get me wrong, if I have activated the port in the OV (research), I can trade Promethium and Orchialkum and only that. When I switch to the SAM, I can trade Mars ore, Prom and Och. etc

Status
Not open for further replies.