• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Titan

CrashBoom

Legend
I've seen this question a few times already. I'm wondering how important and what advantage you get in this game if you age up 2 hours early than your rivals.
I presume none :rolleyes:
the Titan GBs are already at level 10 without own FP before the rivals start :D

qaccy

Emperor
What a great nonsense answer. Because it doesn't explain at all why in Jupiter you loose 6 units having attrition at only 55. And have to replace combo's after every fight. While in Jupiter it was possible to keep on going on autofight till attrition 90 and then take more to attrition hundred. While my attack bonus has gone up hundreds since then.

Is there anybody out here who managed to reach higher attrition rates in Jupiter? If yes. then please share the best combo's how you managed that and share the casualty numbers. Is Jupiter units stronger or weaker then Titan?
For what it's worth, you're talking about Jupiter in both of your examples. Pretty sure you intend for one of those to be Titan? I'm only pointing it out ironically because you mentioned replying to 'nonsense' :p

Beta567

Baronet
Yeah first person to place the building (and advertise it) is usually inundated with Forge Points
You are right, but demand of prints and goods will be enormous and it will last for a very long time. That's why I don't see the advantage here.

loosepotato

Farmer
I am around 3,500 attack/3,000 attack defense, i wonder if that will help if Titan troops are not so good? I dont know if i should level up.

qaccy

Emperor
My stats are pretty good and I don't care too much for the Titan troop combat response. Last age I was melting enemy troops like butter. It's like they counter the user. My troops are fighting against me now lol
Of course, ages with a ranged Contact! unit are usually well-regarded by players since that's arguably the best ability to pair with Rogues. Any age without that is going to feel 'worse' automatically. Perhaps this is an indication that Contact! is too powerful an ability, and not so much that the SAT units are bad? Maybe Contact! needs to be reduced in effectiveness somehow? Perhaps only one ranged retaliation per turn, similar to how melee retaliation works? That, or maybe Rogues shouldn't be allowed to retaliate the turn they transform? Either of those could bring things back in line to reduce the dominance of Contact! in battle.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
logically that is a bug from the beginning

at the time the rogue is hit it is still a rogue so he can't retaliate in that turn

logically
The rogue doesn't die and get replaced, it transforms. "Surprise, I was really a ______!" Ok not a surprise since there's only 1 other unit used with them in most compositions :p And units always retaliate based on their state after the enemy's damage (which for instance often reduces the amount of retaliation damage). So it's logical that the rogue retaliates (or not) based on what it transforms into.

Now there's a case to be made for the enemy AI not targeting rogues preferentially - but that ship has sailed. If they made everything act like the Arena AI for instance, that would be a huge backlash (also there's different stupidities to take advantage of with that AI :p)

As for Contact! + rogues being too strong - they have tried to water it down in some places by giving the unit with contact inferior range to some generally good unit - such that it shouldn't work against everything in the age and then it's fine - i.e. noone protests that Ultra APs are OP. Or Surrogate Soldiers. Or even Sub Cruisers which can reliably retaliate against everything but the mighty OF artillery and Scimitars.

Jupiter was probably the most OP situation for contact - the artillery was nothing special and it can retaliate against everything else.

I think the orbiters are strong enough in titan to keep the jupiter ranged at bay from dominating there too. But i'm sure they're still good enough to use situationally (no artillery/low attrition where the mortar splash doesn't do much damage). And better than the SAT ranged in some situations because of the better ability (but inferior initiative). I don't consider this a problem though - it's not the first time a prior era unit maintains some usability in the era (or two) after it because of abilities. As long as it's not the all-round-best option (and i don't think it is), it's fine.

I'm kind of peeved that there are repeat tasks in SAT like in previous space ages that require an obscene amount of goods to be donated to complete the task. Even if it's an "or" option, it's complete nonsense to require 250-300 goods and even with a level 80 shateu only gives back 30 goods IF you get goods from it. Too much of SAT requires so many goods that it's crazy that the repeat tasks would require a crazy amount of goods. How much is inno expecting us to make from the colony for this to be feasible - and the fact that these tasks require the same good each time so that certain goods are less available than others??

Kempo

Merchant
Will not be fixed. Please provide feedback, if you think it makes the artillery too strong
Here's my feedback: Keen Eye in combination with mortar is too powerful. Fighting would be less painful if Keen Eye would only apply to the main target.

qaccy

Emperor
Here's my feedback: Keen Eye in combination with mortar is too powerful. Fighting would be less painful if Keen Eye would only apply to the main target.
While it would make sense to match the behavior of AO in this regard, Keen Eye also applies to your own attacks. You don't like being able to mow down enemies using it?

Kempo

Merchant
While it would make sense to match the behavior of AO in this regard, Keen Eye also applies to your own attacks. You don't like being able to mow down enemies using it?
You can't mow down anything with the artillery since there is a flying unit in SAT. My feedback in #754 applies only to the combination of Keen Eye and Mortar, in which case Keen Eye applies to ALL hit units not just the main target. Five times Keen Eye with a single attack is too powerful.

You can't mow down anything with the artillery since there is a flying unit in SAT. My feedback in #754 applies only to the combination of Keen Eye and Mortar, in which case Keen Eye applies to ALL hit units not just the main target. Five times Keen Eye with a single attack is too powerful.
So you can hit the flying units with your artillery and mow them down too (indirectly).

There's not flying units in every fight.

And when there is, just throw two of another unit in.