• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Titan

qaccy

Emperor
Steel wardens are vastly superior compared to glacial hikers. Steel wardens are bullet sponges when attacked by sentinels. The larger range of steel wardens aids greatly to counter their limited mobility. They have 10 range while the glaciers have 2. Like @xivarmy mentioned with teaming up against a unit. This is all in practice what makes steel warden's performance better: their large range allow them to fight more effectively against sentinels. Where the hikers struggle to pulling off attacks on abyssal gliders. Even though they've came "close" to them. The good steel wardens counters where artillery cause they could shut them down from a distance and space marines with dragon breath taking on multiples at once. In practice when 8 glaciers fight against 8 abyssal gliders, losses on glaciers are often 2-3. While steel wardens vs 8 sentinels had usually 0-2 losses. The letter when very unlucky.
You're...really not seeing it, are you? Any difference in battle outcome between Wardens v Sentinels and Hikers v Gliders is going to come down to just unit stats and probably Keen Eye RNG, although I'm curious how Hikers supposedly do worse against Gliders than Wardens do against Sentinels, given that the stat disparity is much more in favor of Hikers. Maybe the Keen Eye is the deciding factor here? Regardless, the difference in attack range between Wardens and Hikers is not a deciding factor in the outcome of either battle. To really drive the point home, I'm fortunate enough to have an available opponent in the PvP Arena with a full defense of 8 Abyssal Gliders, and I use Steel Fists against them. The Gliders all attack first, and by the time my Steel Fists are able to move, every single Glider is in attacking range of every single one of my Steel Fists. There is no disadvantage here caused by their attack range of 2. Giving them more range is not going to help them in this battle (or against fast units in general), because, once again, the fast units are always close enough after attacking that the heavy units are able to reach them. And in my case, I'm not even using units that have Force Field (I personally consider Reactive Armor 4 to be worse than Force Field, but they're probably pretty close in terms of defensive benefit).

On closer inspection, though, I realize that heavies actually could benefit from larger range when battling ranged units. They generally have a range of 10 spaces now, while heavies can generally only cover up to 8 spaces in one turn (6 from movement, 2 from attacking). This is the instance where Steel Wardens actually are superior - their matchup against Tesla Walkers is far more favorable than Hikers vs Harpoons, even if it were possible to ignore the Contact! damage. Harpoons are safely able to attack Hikers twice before being in danger, while Teslas only get one hit in before the Wardens are coming down upon them. This is similar to the typical artillery matchup, but the difference here is that heavies are supposed to be 'good' against ranged units, and unlike in the fast unit matchup, that's kinda faded away ever since heavies lost most of their attack range.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
You're...really not seeing it, are you? Any difference in battle outcome between Wardens v Sentinels and Hikers v Gliders is going to come down to just unit stats and probably Keen Eye RNG, although I'm curious how Hikers supposedly do worse against Gliders than Wardens do against Sentinels, given that the stat disparity is much more in favor of Hikers. Maybe the Keen Eye is the deciding factor here? Regardless, the difference in attack range between Wardens and Hikers is not a deciding factor in the outcome of either battle. To really drive the point home, I'm fortunate enough to have an available opponent in the PvP Arena with a full defense of 8 Abyssal Gliders, and I use Steel Fists against them. The Gliders all attack first, and by the time my Steel Fists are able to move, every single Glider is in attacking range of every single one of my Steel Fists. There is no disadvantage here caused by their attack range of 2. Giving them more range is not going to help them in this battle (or against fast units in general), because, once again, the fast units are always close enough after attacking that the heavy units are able to reach them. And in my case, I'm not even using units that have Force Field (I personally consider Reactive Armor 4 to be worse than Force Field, but they're probably pretty close in terms of defensive benefit).

On closer inspection, though, I realize that heavies actually could benefit from larger range when battling ranged units. They generally have a range of 10 spaces now, while heavies can generally only cover up to 8 spaces in one turn (6 from movement, 2 from attacking). This is the instance where Steel Wardens actually are superior - their matchup against Tesla Walkers is far more favorable than Hikers vs Harpoons, even if it were possible to ignore the Contact! damage. Harpoons are safely able to attack Hikers twice before being in danger, while Teslas only get one hit in before the Wardens are coming down upon them. This is similar to the typical artillery matchup, but the difference here is that heavies are supposed to be 'good' against ranged units, and unlike in the fast unit matchup, that's kinda faded away ever since heavies lost most of their attack range.

Side note: Reactive Armor 4 and Force Field 2 are only comparable in that they're defensive abilities. Reactive Armor 4 is better if you have poor baseline defensive stats (turn 8 damage into 4 damage! But 4 damage is still just 4 damage). Force Field 2 is better if you have strong defensive stats (8 damage into 6 is meaningless, but you can turn 4 damage into 2 damage!). Your approach to how to optimize for the two abilities is totally different (ignore defense and rely on the ability vs stack defense so the ability can shine).

And generally reactive armor 4 is not good enough against a high keen eye because probably you still get 2-shot (4 + 4*2). So you need to just raise your defense high enough that you take <4 anyways and the reactive armor is almost-always meaningless (it might have some value if you're in say the 2-5/3-5 damage ranges where it's cutting off the high roll - but you really should be shooting for something like 1-4 anyways where it's meaningless). If they want to bring back reactive armor on something in a meaningful way it should be the AF version: Reactive Armor 3 (3+3*2 = 9, still alive with 1/2 keen eye hits).

Where force field 2 *can* be good enough against keen eye if you reduce the base damage to 3 or less most of the time (keen eye 3*2 = 6->4; non-keen eye 3->1). 1-4 or maybe slightly into 2-4 might be good enough - so A/D of <= ~.51 is the line for force field 2 to reliably take some shots against a keen eye unit.

CrashBoom

Legend
is a higher attacker's defense of any use with the titan units or is it just lottery ?
sure it is useful

when your defense value is not good enough that a keen eye hit kills it in one attack --> bad
but if it his high enough and your unit survives one keen eye hit --> good

if a unit can take 3 normal hits instead of 2 --> even better

and if the defense is even higher then it could take 4 hits

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

.Che.

Farmer
sure it is useful

when your defense value is not good enough that a keen eye hit kills it in one attack --> bad
but if it his high enough and your unit survives one keen eye hit --> good

if a unit can take 3 normal hits instead of 2 --> even better

and if the defense is even higher then it could take 4 hits

:rolleyes:
thx for answer. With 4k/3k it might be only a question of speed in the fights. But on the low side ... what should be the minimum for a reasonable amount of fights ?

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator

You don’t see it either. As you’ve said yourself, you’ve never played around with them. In practice steel fists are better than hikers. No **** Sherlock that steel fists coming out on top. That’s what I’ve also said: steel wardens and steel fists are decent fast counters. The shredder, hikers and the new heavies are paper tigers. Steel fists survive the 1st wave of attacks fairly easily. The hikers are often less lucky, even with bonuses on their side. I’ll give you an example from Beta, when I thought against 1x 8 gliders 200%:att_def_defender: while I used 8x hikers 500%:att_def_attacker: couple of times. Guess what? 2 dead and 1 heavily injured. Later down the road also with other encounters like that 2-3 dead on my side. Isn’t 300%+:att_def_attacker: advantage more than enough for hikers to crawl out of it and coming on top? Theoretically it should yes but their range don’t allow them to team up at times. Also in my experience are fists very decent in countering fasts. Not sure how hikers fail so hard but they at least have some defence ability. From SAJM and onwards practically little is countering them.
The TAS heavies got theirs swapped for stealth on rare terrain in return. Observe the unit’s type bonuses closely for that. For example range in TAS got blast but no bonuses against heavies (which have stealth now). The only way that makes sense is that either heavies got force field swapped with stealth on rare terrain or copy pasting units’ specs.

And at last; yes I do get your point but you don’t get mine or don’t want to. Yes with a bulky heavy you could strike down fast with limited range, theoretically it should work. However you’re missing the critical Achilles heel in this: teaming up against a target. With limited range, you can find yourself quicker in a situation where you hardly can let your heavies team up. For example also steel fists can find their turn wasted away due to bad positioning of fast units. Steel wardens on the other hand don’t; they can strike fast any place they could’ve stopped to attack them 1st.
Getting reactive armour 3 back, like @xivarmy pointed out also makes a lot more sense than force field with such high levels of keen eye. Perhaps something that could’ve made TAS’ heavy great. The new art. counters that good too with keen eye mortar

Emberguard

Emperor
when is it coming live ?
If I had to guess, my assumption is sometime during July due to InnoGames statement regarding the Fellowship Event bug being fixed for Titan by the time the next Event reaches Live servers.

Sure there's always the possibility of one or both features being delayed, but the current Event finishes in 2 weeks, which should put Fellowships start somewhere between 3-4 weeks from now (based on how long we usually get inbetween previously released Events)

Beta King

Viceroy
My guess is the Monday or Tuesday after the current event ends which would NOT put it 2-3 days before the next GBG season starts so July 10th or 11th. This would also put it just over a month in beta which seems on par with the past.

Corrected, thanks Old Blue Eyes

Last edited:

qaccy

Emperor
You don’t see it either. As you’ve said yourself, you’ve never played around with them. In practice steel fists are better than hikers. No **** Sherlock that steel fists coming out on top. That’s what I’ve also said: steel wardens and steel fists are decent fast counters. The shredder, hikers and the new heavies are paper tigers. Steel fists survive the 1st wave of attacks fairly easily. The hikers are often less lucky, even with bonuses on their side. I’ll give you an example from Beta, when I thought against 1x 8 gliders 200%:att_def_defender: while I used 8x hikers 500%:att_def_attacker: couple of times. Guess what? 2 dead and 1 heavily injured. Later down the road also with other encounters like that 2-3 dead on my side. Isn’t 300%+:att_def_attacker: advantage more than enough for hikers to crawl out of it and coming on top? Theoretically it should yes but their range don’t allow them to team up at times. Also in my experience are fists very decent in countering fasts. Not sure how hikers fail so hard but they at least have some defence ability. From SAJM and onwards practically little is countering them.
The TAS heavies got theirs swapped for stealth on rare terrain in return. Observe the unit’s type bonuses closely for that. For example range in TAS got blast but no bonuses against heavies (which have stealth now). The only way that makes sense is that either heavies got force field swapped with stealth on rare terrain or copy pasting units’ specs.

And at last; yes I do get your point but you don’t get mine or don’t want to. Yes with a bulky heavy you could strike down fast with limited range, theoretically it should work. However you’re missing the critical Achilles heel in this: teaming up against a target. With limited range, you can find yourself quicker in a situation where you hardly can let your heavies team up. For example also steel fists can find their turn wasted away due to bad positioning of fast units. Steel wardens on the other hand don’t; they can strike fast any place they could’ve stopped to attack them 1st.
Getting reactive armour 3 back, like @xivarmy pointed out also makes a lot more sense than force field with such high levels of keen eye. Perhaps something that could’ve made TAS’ heavy great. The new art. counters that good too with keen eye mortar
Now you're not really making much sense. So Steel Fists are somehow decent fast counters while Hikers aren't? They have the same movement and the same attack range, yet Hikers are worse despite having better stats? Is the implication here that Force Field is worse than Reactive Armor 4? If that's the case, then why are Wardens apparently able to survive so well and Hikers aren't? Wouldn't their battle against Sentinels also end with the first turn having '2 dead and 1 critically injured'? It's the exact same first turn in battle with the same unit lineups, just units from two different ages. Each turn beyond the first is essentially going to be a repeat of itself until one side is defeated, and fast units don't have the attack range themselves to really spread out in such a way that the heavies can't still gang up on them, not that it should take more than 2 heavies to bring down a fast unit anyway. If it does, it's probably a % boost issue more than the units being used.

Tanmay11

Regent
looks like its impossible to have 9 goods buildings at full support in titan, my boosts are molecules and capsules.

Last edited: