• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Titan

qaccy

Emperor
Ofc, why not? Why can people stay in future era with overboosted GBs? Only one motivation for continue is only space in town. This is biggest fail in this game. Correct option is: if you want GB, you need reach minimum his era. As in real world.
Inno's shown that this isn't something they're looking to do with FoE. This philosophy has instead been applied to some of Inno's other games. Elvenar and Rise of Cultures both lock their versions of GBs behind research requirements, for example. This may eventually happen with a later age in FoE as well, but it seems unlikely given how long these other games have been doing it with no sign of it happening here.

Shelby GT500

Merchant
Even if the goal had anything to do with restricting it Age wise, I really don't think Special Goods are needed to achieve that. Anyone not in Titan would have to really hog the tradable goods to hyper level these to the same extent a Titan player will be able to achieve.

If one player is hogging all the trades then you won't have many players below Titan leveling these buildings up.

Whereas if each goods seller insists on evenly distributing goods sold between players, that's still going to restrict the rate these buildings can level up by for those below Titan

Either way the leveling costs are naturally going to restrict the building in some way for those below Titan
Looks like you still believe in Santa Claus. There are plenty of players in FoE who are below the Colonial Era with very distant GB of Era, such as Arc, Himeji, Frontenac, Alcatraz, Terracotta and others at levels above 150, having more than 350 thousand pfs in their inventory. So you want to tell me that if there is no brake on the access of players from Eras smaller than the GB of Titan, these players will not build them? Well, a colonial player, with 3 GB Titans at level 10, does a huge amount of damage on the battlefields between guilds...Access must be limited to those who are not on Titan. Without any doubt! Wake up Inno!

Shelby GT500

Merchant
Inno's shown that this isn't something they're looking to do with FoE. This philosophy has instead been applied to some of Inno's other games. Elvenar and Rise of Cultures both lock their versions of GBs behind research requirements, for example. This may eventually happen with a later age in FoE as well, but it seems unlikely given how long these other games have been doing it with no sign of it happening here.
Exactly!
Put in the first research of Titan, the possibility of unlocking access to GBs! Issue resolved.
Only those on Titan will be able to build their GBs.
Tx qaccy.

CrashBoom

Legend
Looks like you still believe in Santa Claus. There are plenty of players in FoE who are below the Colonial Era with very distant GB of Era, such as Arc, Himeji, Frontenac, Alcatraz, Terracotta and others at levels above 150, having more than 350 thousand pfs in their inventory. So you want to tell me that if there is no brake on the access of players from Eras smaller than the GB of Titan, these players will not build them? Well, a colonial player, with 3 GB Titans at level 10, does a huge amount of damage on the battlefields between guilds...Access must be limited to those who are not on Titan. Without any doubt! Wake up Inno!
sure they will build them

but will they level them up to level 50 :rolleyes:

Emberguard

Emperor
. So you want to tell me that if there is no brake on the access of players from Eras smaller than the GB of Titan, these players will not build them?
No, I'm confused how you even came to that conclusion.

I'm saying the goods cost of leveling up will naturally prevent those pre-Titan from getting these beyond a certain point until they themselves reach Titan. If you have to buy the goods, it would take more work to hyper-level these pre-Titan than it is to just age up to Titan and get the goods yourself

.Access must be limited to those who are not on Titan.
It's already restricted. Just don't sell anyone goods. And if they do want goods.... just how far do you think a player is going to get from buying goods?

but will they level them up to level 50 :rolleyes:
Pegasus: 10,000 to build + 246,000 Goods (Lvl 50)
Centaurus: 12,500 to build + 328,000 Goods (lvl 50)
Hydra: 15,000 to build + 410,000 Goods (lvl 50)

Total for trio: 1,021,500 goods

depends on the attitude of the seller

I would sell to one player: the one who pays most :D
That's fine. Such a player might also need half a million goods to trade for the Titan goods. Some will have that in inventory sure, but that's definitely not going to be a new or unestablished city if they're buying or trading with those amounts of goods

Well, a colonial player, with 3 GB Titans at level 10, does a huge amount of damage on the battlefields between guilds..
What do you think a Titan player with these 3 GBs are going to do? Sit in the corner and do nothing?

Aren't Space players already fighting at higher attrition than lower aged players are capable of surpassing? Are you seriously telling me those in Titan are less capable than those in the lower Ages to such an extent that they need an exclusive fighting advantage with these Great Buildings in order to win, despite already having an advantage with Keen Eye and Colonies for extra goods?

, having more than 350 thousand pfs in their inventory
What makes you think 350k Forge Points will be enough? They still need to acquire the goods in large quantities to get the buildings to a high level

Last edited:

qaccy

Emperor
Exactly!
Put in the first research of Titan, the possibility of unlocking access to GBs! Issue resolved.
Only those on Titan will be able to build their GBs.
Tx qaccy.
What I was saying with my post though is that I don't think Inno has any plans to do something like that here in FoE. If they did, they probably would've already been doing it. This isn't some new idea that they need players to suggest to them, since they're already doing it with their other games. That just indicates to me that they don't think it's a good idea for FoE.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
As there are no recurring missions on Titan where thousands of battles can be fought a day, many players will decide to stay on Jupiter. Inno has to "reward" those who decide to advance to Titan, considerably increasing the score for the classification ranking of each Titan unit. Otherwise, we will have 90% of players on Jupiter with Titan GBs doing thousands of battles in recurring missions!
Hence, it is not entirely unreasonable to demand special Titan goods (2000 or more per level, starting from level zero) for the construction of the GBs of this Age for those who are not on Titan.
Very few people farm the fights in RQs. They may be among the top rankers - but outside that small group of say 5 - the missing fight in the quest will not matter. It's a lot of clicking for some meaningless points. More likely to be a reason people might not move up: if they hear something bad about the units in Titan for their GBG fightingfarming. But seeing as we're barely talking about the fact that they haven't even updated the damn stats on the units, it seems like the shiny GBs may cloud that over.

The core difference between these is that til now it only requires a one-time investment of a few thousand goods.

The titan buildings will take hundreds of thousands to level them far. And most of the titan players themself may not have much excess because they too want to level the buildings. Accordingly while there is an absolute glut of goods in every recent age, and every popular age, there is going to be a lot of pressure to drain titan goods as fast as the community makes them. Whether that be through own-use or sale or guild support of lower members.

So:
- the goods will likely remain expensive for longer (possibly forever)
- people who want to level the buildings far will need to buy a lot more of them.

I think it's likely that you'll see some level 20-30 copies of these buildings in lower ages. And those will be good buildings worth having already. But for people who want to level them further, there's a strong motive to make their own titan goods rather than try to buy em all - because you need a lot of them and they're not going to be cheap.

qaccy

Emperor
Something else to consider with the new GBs is the implications they make about future ages. It's a lot harder to get goods for an age once a player leaves it. This 'Space Hub' coming after Titan had better introduce something incredibly exciting if Inno wants players to move into it, otherwise this could be the first age where an actual majority of players won't want to move up because it'll significantly reduce their ability to acquire SAT goods and level up these buildings. Inno might be digging themselves a hole here if they aren't smart about it!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Something else to consider with the new GBs is the implications they make about future ages. It's a lot harder to get goods for an age once a player leaves it. This 'Space Hub' coming after Titan had better introduce something incredibly exciting if Inno wants players to move into it, otherwise this could be the first age where an actual majority of players won't want to move up because it'll significantly reduce their ability to acquire SAT goods and level up these buildings. Inno might be digging themselves a hole here if they aren't smart about it!
I think to some extent this is true - there may have to be a reason beyond boredom to move up for the next age - but it doesn't necessarily have to be "something even better" - as it could just turn into a "goal before I leave" to unlock whatever you personally consider the "final" level for your titan GBs. A final level that will be reinforced quite firmly as getting the goods after the fact to change your mind will be tougher.

There's also the halfway step of "I just won't reno any of my event buildings and I can continue to work on it to some extent".

CrashBoom

Legend
This 'Space Hub' coming after Titan had better introduce something incredibly exciting
or just a few more GB for fighting o_O

it is much cheaper to level a few new GB up than increasing those Titan GB when every level is already really expensive

:rolleyes:

whatever you personally consider the "final" level for your titan GBs.
just kidding :D

Last edited:

-Alin-

Emperor
If keen eye will be 40%, alongside with a level 134 AO for another 40% Critical Hit, if both happen to strike at a time in a fight, with 8 flying units in Titan will be the new way to go. You can forget about rogues ...

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
If keen eye will be 40%, alongside with a level 134 AO for another 40% Critical Hit, if both happen to strike at a time in a fight, with 8 flying units in Titan will be the new way to go. You can forget about rogues ...
Stealthed Heavies (on defense) might disagree with that unilateral approach (likely to get the first hit against fasts in an autobattle)

-Alin-

Emperor
Stealthed Heavies (on defense) might disagree with that unilateral approach (likely to get the first hit against fasts in an autobattle)
Not impressed by heavies even with high deff, they are still trash cause of their range, and they need to find rubbles to hide on, if not, flying for the win :))
And fly always hit first.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
stealth in rubble

means: no stealth before they move, because starting fields are always plains
--> flying will hit them first o_O
Bah. When they said Stealth I assumed they meant the ability Stealth from stealth tanks not on a different terrain :(

Ok, I agree Flying beats all then.

Also now I'm really ticked that we have no new abilities on units since the combat sounds boring.

Beelzebub

Farmer
Not impressed by heavies even with high deff, they are still trash cause of their range, and they need to find rubbles to hide on, if not, flying for the win :))
And fly always hit first.
So is there any unit that is usable? Even without rogues... Maybe tested on high attrition too?

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
What I find most curious, is that the Titan colony’s buildings don’t require a road connection. In SAJM it would’ve made sense since it’s underwater but on Titan… it’s a bit off.