• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age: Mars!

DeletedUser8277

I assume they would work together. But if you're already killing 4, what's 1 more going to matter? an 8v4 battle is already trivial. So I'd feel you *want* to seperate them.
Good point, I hadn't thought of it this way.

Do you really still worry about being plundered? I don't. I've left my palaces on my main world sit overnight - or sometimes even for a couple days on my VF world - without them being touched. And I have no defense to speak of that would need a missile strike to beat. Most of the hood is the same, I can auto my way through it but mostly I don't bother.
Personally no, but I know enough people do that it should be considered. Then again I don't know what dynamics this new GB would throw into the game. I find it more frustrating they would undo the years of work/FP someone may have put into their defense if they went that rout with this one new GB release though. They just released a defense GB last era now this one it's like they turn around and go 'haha fooled you all those points went (somewhat) in the toilet'.
No. Goods buildings are built in the colony.
So Mars goods buildings will be the first in the game to be unplunderable? Seems like a huge shift and a nerf to voyager/atlantis. Doubt people want chance of double plundering coins or supplies and as event buildings are typically motivated it's going to limit the opportunities for plunderable Mars goods.

DeletedUser5097

btw, here's a song for all you space/mars lovers :)

Thank you so much with this golden song :D
I was at first thinking about the final countdown.
A basic starting city, at the previous age for the new one, with all expansions released up to this previous age unlocked and placed, with a starting amount of resources (coins, supplies, diamonds, goods, special goods, BPs, unattached troops, ...) equivalent to the basic starting city at Stone Age would be fine. If all previous era's research tree is already done each player could transform the city to his/her play style quickly and then kick off at new age by unlocking the first research tech. This solution would be faster than waiting for months to finish pending research to be able to unlock the new era (depending where the player is at the Research Tree when new era is ready at Beta).

The only thing I see missing is the GBs at the level the player would have developed through time at that era. Maybe Inno could program at that world x to have available to the tester an option to select X number of GBs, each at a level YY, to be placed at the city when starting the world. After that, each additional GB (X+1) would be built by the player the usual way.

That would provide a large number of players able to test a new age in Beta instead to only the smaller group that happen to be at the end of the research tree at the time when a new era is released.
----
A second option I see is for Inno to design a few starting cities, and give the player the option to select the one closer to his/her playing style. These cities maybe selected from the live servers, or designed for playing styles like:
  • Aggressive Battle / Attack / Plunder players
  • Passive Producers / Merchant type players
  • Balanced Aggressive/Passive players
  • Mostly Terrace Farms / Shrines cities
  • Others?
Well since the last second Beta world was a fresh start. I would rather said just make
it also a fresh start. With all the tech. Unlocked up to the age of intrest and a stock of goods
enough for completing the entire age (with the exception of the new goods introduced in
that new age). With also an huge stock of coins/supplies. So the players can build up quickly
the city as they wish.
Just like the last world and players could jump into the new age fast. Yet I see also here
why they wouldn't do. Since some players builded up GB's very high, collectected event
buildings, etc. to fit their strategy best. I'm more aiming with this on the strong defence of
some secotors on the map.;) This includes the defending army for the Mars ore

Teak

Steward
"The Star Gazer is one of the most powerful ground-based telescopes and is used to scan the Solar System in high detail. It is praised for its crucial role in the colonization of Mars.
This Great Building produces goods of the previous era every 24 hours. At level 1, 5 goods of the previous era are generated. At level 10, it's 50 and at level 50 it's 132 goods!"

Got to love it- players who need it won't be able to afford it, while players who can afford it won't need it.
And only 1 bonus? If this is the attempt creating a second Notre Dame ingame, you clearly made a statement here ;)

Attachments

• Goods.png
    Goods.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

DeletedUser

Seems like a huge shift and a nerf to voyager/atlantis. Doubt people want chance of double plundering coins or supplies
Voyager proccs with every pundering. Doesn't matter what you plunder.
Atlantis also doubles the plundering of your precious little terrace farms. Sets are plunderable, too.
So, yeah, I still don't see the nerf here, tbh.

qaccy

Emperor
Atlantis also doubles the plundering of your precious little terrace farms. Sets are plunderable, too.

I think the idea is that goods buildings are typically fairly big-ticket items for plunderers, and they're being effectively shielded now in this age. Set and event buildings may be a lot more widespread now and will continue to be more so as time goes on, but there are still many players (usually in the lower half of a given hood) that frequently build goods buildings and don't really play enough to acquire many of the special buildings. It's a 'nerf' in the sense that Atlantis probably won't have anything to target from one of these players, and even with the Voyager you'd still rather plunder a goods building than a residence, would you not?

1BFA

Viceroy
And on which base would these cities be built ? Depending on the way we play, all our cities are very different when arriving at a new age. You would be given a city that might not be the kind of city you would normally have.
The present situation: testing on actual cities that have been developped over time, reflects the reality as it will happen on the live servers.

Well here is an idea that has been proposed before, sync the beta, or create a new beta world that is in sync with live version.

I guess inno has the numbers and they feel that they have enough beta players to test new age.

i for one will probably use the diamonds credit on even and not new age.

live version of...beta still in hma :(

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I think the idea is that goods buildings are typically fairly big-ticket items for plunderers, and they're being effectively shielded now in this age. Set and event buildings may be a lot more widespread now and will continue to be more so as time goes on, but there are still many players (usually in the lower half of a given hood) that frequently build goods buildings and don't really play enough to acquire many of the special buildings. It's a 'nerf' in the sense that Atlantis probably won't have anything to target from one of these players, and even with the Voyager you'd still rather plunder a goods building than a residence, would you not?

While I agree in principle that hiding the goods buildings is an irritant I don't think it'll really matter much.

- VF plundering is comparatively rare
- Players with goods buildings usually also have some previous era goods buildings that won't be hidden (yet at least)
- Even the folks at the bottom of the hood usually have a few set buildings or multi-production buildings that have a chance to be FP. I'd be more concerned with the lack of good new event buildings of this style than the hidden goods buildings since they tend to be the main plunder target. Multilevel motivated grand prizes are the bigger culprit when it comes to nothing worth taking. If say the world's fair didn't require motivation and was plunder-able it'd be the biggest boost to plunder since Terrace Farms.

DeletedUser8277

Both Voyager and Atlantis are tied to the age of the building plundered with less plunderable buildings available in Mars (and certainly the ones available producing coin/supplies being less coveted) I see it as a reduction to the usefulness of those GB and plundering as a whole for Mars players. Oddly it seems plundering was given less incentive with goods buildings taken offsite and for the first time being protected from plunder for Mars players exclusively. Yet the GB for the era itself seemingly increasing the odds of it, as the GB is not tied to an era any plunder protection they may have been trying to provide to players by taking Mars goods offsite to counteract their new supercharged GB, if that was the intent, doesn't help lower aged players at all as this will end up in their hoods too.

Other plunderable event buildings do exist and in enough time some will be built or renoed, however if you're experience is anything like mine the typical thing I see half the hood not collecting on time is their goods buildings. Higher half is gonna be using chat lower half will have goods buildings ripe for the grab. Farms are a gamble if you're hunting goods as are other multi production buildings.

DeletedUser5097

Still there is more than enough to plunder. The palace is the best example of this,
combine it with Atlantis and you got the best thing to plunder in the entire game.
5 goods/5fp's doubled would be also 10 fps/goods.
The second best is terrace ofc since this may have one the 2: 5 fps/goods. On top
of it the gong of wishdom lvl 2 for example can provide you with 4 fp's.
Well I can agreed that goodsbuildings are a secondary best target for plundering,
main targets would remain fp producing stuff and there is more than enough options
left in that regard.

Anyways back to the goodbuilding stuff. I'm not seeing many end-game players having
goodbuildings anyways and also on the forum is the general altitude having a large
focus on fp's and grinding goodies from CF and missions anyways. Where Atlantis is
most often used on fp-producing buildings and Voyage will provide goodies when plundering
regardless of whatever you plunder. Even if it's just a house that you plunder, it provide
you with extra goodies of that age. So can't see any harm in having goodbuildings shield off
for the Voyage with that knowledge.
Personally no, but I know enough people do that it should be considered. Then again I don't know what dynamics this new GB would throw into the game. I find it more frustrating they would undo the years of work/FP someone may have put into their defense if they went that rout with this one new GB release though. They just released a defense GB last era now this one it's like they turn around and go 'haha fooled you all those points went (somewhat) in the toilet'.
To be honest, TA is also very ussefull in attack :p so not really flushed away
fp's

Thunderbummy

Marquis
Not really sure about having to harvest from so many locations. Main city is bad enough but with the viking and soon Egyptian offshoots, add the mars colony & now the mars map to get ore is all a bit much. Especially since many productions have preset time duration's which can't be changed. The game is getting ever more time hungry. I have already abandoned vikings on live server cities and am not really happy with 2 further locations to have to harvest from.

Andi47

Overlord
All goods are useless on GvG :)

But you can use AF goods to gain Promethium. And - at least at the beginning - you need Mars goods for research.

BTW: I just started my first exploration - Do I understand correctly that I can do explorations for mars ore on an exploration site as often as I want (as long as I have enough Mars Cedits)? Or will the exploration sites be used up at a certain point?

DeletedUser

But you can use AF goods to gain Promethium. And - at least at the beginning - you need Mars goods for research.

BTW: I just started my first exploration - Do I understand correctly that I can do explorations for mars ore on an exploration site as often as I want (as long as I have enough Mars Cedits)? Or will the exploration sites be used up at a certain point?
The exploration sites can be visited again and again, yes.
You will also face large sites with a longer exploration time but much more Mars Ore in return.