• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler Space Age Jupiter Moon

Yekk

Viceroy
Inno made a mistake when they decide AF needed to take longer to work through the techs. Such a mistake really needed to be adjusted without using a new GB that becomes of no value once the top age is reached. That only hurts everyone else playing and actually hurts Inno. Unhappy players do not spend real money. Now I admit AF makes most players unhappy. Lousy troops, to many techs, a special building that becomes useless after OF BUT modifying the tech line is better than a GB giving more promethium....

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Inno made a mistake when they decide AF needed to take longer to work through the techs. Such a mistake really needed to be adjusted without using a new GB that becomes of no value once the top age is reached. That only hurts everyone else playing and actually hurts Inno. Unhappy players do not spend real money. Now I admit AF makes most players unhappy. Lousy troops, to many techs, a special building that becomes useless after OF BUT modifying the tech line is better than a GB giving more promethium....

Honestly AF isn't even that bad from a perspective of getting through it. Like a month of natural promethium. Oceanic Future is the *long* one - and I think Space Carrier was enough for GB help with that - while also having a useful bonus for people who are either before or after caring about orichalcum.

The place where I had a persistent desire for an ore boost was SAAB/SAV where you couldn't really design your colony with extra goods buildings because you were limited by ore anyways - but if it's as people expect and the boost doesn't work on map ore... Yup, no help there.

Tina66

Farmer
Inno devrait créer un GB spécial où, pour le construire, vous devez payer avec les 5 biens spéciaux qui s'y trouvent jusqu'à présent et donner à ce bâtiment des récompenses uniques à l'ère SAJM. De cette façon, vous avez un bâtiment pour les joueurs avancés et au moins vous ne le verrez pas dans les âges inférieurs comme dans certaines villes de fer, vous voyez Himeji et Flying Island hahaha.
[/CITATION]
very good idea

Just4FoEbeta

Merchant
I never understood what people have against OF. On live without SC took 3 months to go through. Add a month if one wants to take it slow, that's 4 months. It's not like Inno releases new ages every 3 months and there is a need to catch up or that the next ages are super exciting. Personally I liked OF a lot, much more than AF or SAM.
As per the new GB, I was super excited by the look of it, but won't build if it stays like that; don't see any new Inno-type game mechanics that would make me build it. Not built any of space age GB yet.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
On live without SC took 3 months to go through.
That's the problem but actually the biggest frustration is that the speed depends on whatever crew is offered. It's just plain boring to be stuck by force for at least an quarter or more. The units pool in OF is also not very useful in GbG compared to VF. Personally I enjoy the theme too and the GBs are nice but the grind of ori is the problem. It's taking about 3-5 days to grind sufficient ori per tech. That's very boring and grindy.
Same applies to anyone reaching SAM as you're either forced by design to camp and grind for months to gather the much needed ore before moving on to SAAB. Otherwise you'll be forced to sacrifice space in you're city for synthesizers. This is true for all space ages. Which making them actually worse then OF as the OF port isn't magically out of business cause you where in the virtual world and now on other places in the solar system.

Just4FoEbeta

Merchant
That's the problem but actually the biggest frustration is that the speed depends on whatever crew is offered. It's just plain boring to be stuck by force for at least an quarter or more. The units pool in OF is also not very useful in GbG compared to VF. Personally I enjoy the theme too and the GBs are nice but the grind of ori is the problem. It's taking about 3-5 days to grind sufficient ori per tech. That's very boring and grindy.
Same applies to anyone reaching SAM as you're either forced by design to camp and grind for months to gather the much needed ore before moving on to SAAB. Otherwise you'll be forced to sacrifice space in you're city for synthesizers. This is true for all space ages. Which making them actually worse then OF as the OF port isn't magically out of business cause you where in the virtual world and now on other places in the solar system.
I do get that it's slow, and I agree on the frustration from RNG (and not just for crews!) I just don't really understand why so many players want to "rush" through the ages (to rush one has to camp some time in the early ages anyways to get ready) unless perhaps someone is building additional advanced cities on different servers (then pain is well deserved if they didn't get enough the first time ;)). The grind of ori made the age interesting as it requires a wee bit more planning about the tech tree (not a lot more I agree, still better than mindlessly clicking every and any tech as they open up)
Early ages also take some time to do properly, and in the end, one is stuck in the last age anyways for about a year until next age release: it is "rush and get stuck early" or "take your time, enjoy the game, and get stuck late". I do prefer the later, I don't really understand the appeal of the former, but I also very glad there are different ways to play the game, it's one of its appeal
Don't mention too loudly that harbors are not out of business in the next ages, it may give Inno some very bad ideas to frustrate the players even more!

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
The point of the special goods in the first place was to inhibit players from rushing through the age in a single day (still possible via diamond usage though).

Introduction of the SC already alleviated this burden on the upcoming players - it came into exisitence with perfect timing for me to allow going throught AF and the further ages a little quicker.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I do get that it's slow, and I agree on the frustration from RNG (and not just for crews!) I just don't really understand why so many players want to "rush" through the ages (to rush one has to camp some time in the early ages anyways to get ready) unless perhaps someone is building additional advanced cities on different servers (then pain is well deserved if they didn't get enough the first time ;)). The grind of ori made the age interesting as it requires a wee bit more planning about the tech tree (not a lot more I agree, still better than mindlessly clicking every and any tech as they open up)
Early ages also take some time to do properly, and in the end, one is stuck in the last age anyways for about a year until next age release: it is "rush and get stuck early" or "take your time, enjoy the game, and get stuck late". I do prefer the later, I don't really understand the appeal of the former, but I also very glad there are different ways to play the game, it's one of its appeal
Don't mention too loudly that harbors are not out of business in the next ages, it may give Inno some very bad ideas to frustrate the players even more!
"Rushing" in 3 months? LMAO you've really made my day with this sarcastic post, you've almost gotten me to believe you where serious.xd Especially on the part of planning with ori being interesting cause it's just mindlessly selecting you're favourite crew or closest to it and sending the sub over and over and over for many months.
Sure if the fault was on planning it's kind of you're own fault, I agreed but in no way it's anyone's fault we're forced to grind in OF and all space ages unless we wanna sacrifice our carefully planned out cities for the sake of previous special goods. Where ori can be produced in the same capacity of OF without any "penalty."
In any case if you're not sarcastic I've gotten you're point of view. Enjoying every age there is for several months by force or facing severe consequences in the space ages. While this is may you're preferred way of playing, many players rather move on towards an new age whenever they are ready for it. Not whenever the game designers feel like you've been camping out for long enough by force through special goods, or giving up on you're carefully planned efficient city you where building up and developing for years.

-Alin-

Emperor
So 28th February is the last day to subscribe for SAJM testing on Temporsund.
This Thursday began a new round of GbG, I expect SAJM to be deployed on Thursday 10th March right after a new round of GbG, maybe it could be faster, on 3rd march, but I dont think they will deploy it so early ...

So not today, then it's on 10 March, one more week to gather things ...

Just4FoEbeta

Merchant
"Rushing" in 3 months? LMAO you've really made my day with this sarcastic post, you've almost gotten me to believe you where serious.xd Especially on the part of planning with ori being interesting cause it's just mindlessly selecting you're favourite crew or closest to it and sending the sub over and over and over for many months.
Sure if the fault was on planning it's kind of you're own fault, I agreed but in no way it's anyone's fault we're forced to grind in OF and all space ages unless we wanna sacrifice our carefully planned out cities for the sake of previous special goods. Where ori can be produced in the same capacity of OF without any "penalty."
In any case if you're not sarcastic I've gotten you're point of view. Enjoying every age there is for several months by force or facing severe consequences in the space ages. While this is may you're preferred way of playing, many players rather move on towards an new age whenever they are ready for it. Not whenever the game designers feel like you've been camping out for long enough by force through special goods, or giving up on you're carefully planned efficient city you where building up and developing for years.
well, you completely missed my points and misunderstood my message, sorry about that, you'll need to read again :cool:

Consider this - we don't know the units yet. There could be some new cool bonus like the tank was for FE.
That would be a disaster because it would force people who care about GVG to remain competitive on the AllAges map, yet again, even though it'll make us not able to fight as far in attrition since every age forces you to grind/build more attack % buildings just to do what you could in the prior age for GBG - and we don't even get the benefit of selling a new GB.
I'm hoping the units SUCK because Venus troops are pretty good, if Venus troops remain competitive then I can stay in Venus for another year.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
well, you completely missed my points and misunderstood my message, sorry about that, you'll need to read again :cool:
I think I understood you perfectly. You think that being able to getting through any age under 3 months is "rushing" and is bad in default. The special goods nonsenses stops that, which is fantastic. You where wondering why some people dislike OF and the special goods grind nonsens, even after I've tried to explain that it hampers down any chance to move on whenever you're ready and want to. That's as far I've understood you're post if you where serious but I guess it was sarcasm.xd

Just4FoEbeta

Merchant
I think I understood you perfectly. You think that being able to getting through any age under 3 months is "rushing" and is bad in default. The special goods nonsenses stops that, which is fantastic. You where wondering why some people dislike OF and the special goods grind nonsens, even after I've tried to explain that it hampers down any chance to move on whenever you're ready and want to. That's as far I've understood you're post if you where serious but I guess it was sarcasm.xd
that confirms you didn't understand... and that's fine, I really don't mind ;)