• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Asteroid Belt (SAAB)

Dan 77

Squire
If your able to finish Egypte before Venus or shortly after Venus, you can keep your
bathhouse in SAM by not ussing renovation or one up kit. This also apply to lvl5
dojo's.
WHAT? I don't have any idea what are you talking about now...
Re-read the bold sentence please.
- Ok, I will use SAM units instead and Nail Storms only...
BUT what about the units produced by EMISSARIES in a Townhall, by DOJOS and by ROYAL BATHHOUSE? I don't know which develepper devise about that, but why they implemented the Ancient Egypt Settlement with such bonus of ROYAL BATHHOUSE if moving to SAAB (which will be here soon) will force me not to do this settlement? Because as far as I know, upgrades also do renovate buildings to the current age and current age Royal Bathhouse/Dojo will produce current age units! And I probably will not/can't finish 10 Egypt Settlement before SAAB will come to live servers. So developpers force many of us choose between finishing Egypt settlement and moving to SAAB - such an interference! I personally wouldn't like to upgrade my buildings so they will produce 4/5 units as useless.......

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
So, immagine if you didn't have such an high CF, the ammount of diamonds would be much lower. Since
CF is the only GB that can generate diamonds and even a lot of diamonds in an reliable way. You still think
it's becoming usseless?

Not the only one. And Chateau's diamonds may come in bigger piles at once but Seed Vault probably keeps up over the longterm. Seed Vault can average 10ish diamonds a day (at level 60 with 200 aid a day) or 3650 a year. Given that we get about 1 new age a year with opportunities for more diamonds from quests, CF is probably about the same.

Getting your CF built and leveled early before you rush through ages it probably would come out ahead.

DeletedUser5097

WHAT? I don't have any idea what are you talking about now...
Re-read the bold sentence please.
I did and I’m aware that upgrades update the building to current age but where is the problem for dojo5 buildings? They are already maxed out right? And it’s kinda your choose to move up an age before maxing out an building, if I’m not mistaken. I personally for example choose not to move up to SAAB on even Beta before finishing my 10th Egyptian settlement
Not the only one. And Chateau's diamonds may come in bigger piles at once but Seed Vault probably keeps up over the longterm. Seed Vault can average 10ish diamonds a day (at level 60 with 200 aid a day) or 3650 a year. Given that we get about 1 new age a year with opportunities for more diamonds from quests, CF is probably about the same.

Getting your CF built and leveled early before you rush through ages it probably would come out ahead.
Plausibel but it still makes a lot more diamonds then if you didn’t have an CF on such high level, right? That was more my point. Also every RQ per age has an small change to drop extra diamonds once

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Plausibel but it still makes a lot more diamonds then if you didn’t have an CF on such high level, right? That was more my point. Also every RQ per age has an small change to drop extra diamonds once

Not that small (1/14). After the diamonds are rewarded once that 1/14 becomes medals instead.

But ok, so 15 RQs per age, we'll say you do them all til you get your 20 diamonds = 300 base diamonds. Probably 400 or so from the main quests.

Let's say your CF is at 90, that's 550% extra. So 700*5.5 = 3850. Given that you're already in the last age, this happens about once a year. About the same as a L60 seed vault.

Note that I'm not actually defending the hyperbole of destroying one's CF :p I love that GB and I don't really believe questing will ever be quite so destroyed as to resort to that. Just questioning your assertion that it's the "only" GB that makes significant amounts of diamonds :)

Seed Vault's a bit of a sleeper - it got terrible reviews when it came out (including by me), but in a world where FP flows like wine such that leveling it to 60 is no big deal, it's worth the space imo :) My evaluations at its release were based on it being at level 10 or less.

Main reasons I haven't planted one on my most advanced live world:
- I don't have the prints to take it to 60 so I'd have to convince someone else they want one too, and I don't want it THAT bad
- it'd mean I'd need to be more diligent about aiding ;)

Nessie

Baronet
SAAB is shaping up to be possibly the most disappointing age to date. The units are a clear demonstration that no-one there actually plays the game, so much time spent on graphics and very little on actual performance.

The recurring quests are truly awful with only a few making sense, can we please have a "never show this quest again" button? there are quite a few i would happily dump. On the subject of quests i for one would really appreciate the abort button being in the place for every recurring quest, scrolling though is a real pain ... or even better, switch to a pull-down RQ menu or a "repeat this quest" button

I fully agree, Rontom and for sure I am not the only one

DeletedUser10021

where can i find The Space Age Asteroid Belt Map I & II ?

DeletedUser5097

where can i find The Space Age Asteroid Belt Map I & II ?
I did explore map 1 only so far, still exploring and hunting down provinces on the second map
f.jwwb.nl%2Fpublic%2F7%2Fe%2Ff%2Fscreenshhot%2F348dz3%2FSAABmap1.bmp

DeletedUser8707

I did explore map 1 only so far, still exploring and hunting down provinces on the second map
f.jwwb.nl%2Fpublic%2F7%2Fe%2Ff%2Fscreenshhot%2F348dz3%2FSAABmap1.bmp
, why
are Ice sites locked on your map? (because you are still in Mars age - you cant farm continent map, but you can go there. Great this is good thing so we avoid one glitcjh what happened in past...?
, DAMN - I see it now, VERY interesting if true!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan 77

Squire
I did and I’m aware that upgrades update the building to current age but where is the problem for dojo5 buildings? They are already maxed out right? And it’s kinda your choose to move up an age before maxing out an building, if I’m not mistaken. I personally for example choose not to move up to SAAB on even Beta before finishing my 10th Egyptian settlement
1) Dojos:
I have them upgraded to maximum level already, but I know many players which don't because they didn't finish Japanese or even Viking settlement yet.

But OK, these settlements have been implemented some time ago and not everyone of these players may be in SAM already waiting for the new era to experience this kind of problem, but besides SAAB with unprecedented 4/5 useless units there are more such almost useless units:
most of Champions, Mounted Archer, Paratrooper, Commando, Strike Team+Missile Artillery, Anti-Materiel Sniper, Drone Swarm+Satellite Spotter+Exoskeleton Soldier (= 3/5), Recon Raider+Behemoth, Manta+Medusa+Nautilus+Octopod (= atleast 4 of 10 units), Augmented Samurai, Warrior Monk.
There are many such units, aren't they?
Also these players have to choose whether to move up in age before they finish their settlements, but atleast they aren't at the end of research tree, ok? Also this problem is getting worse when some settlement have been implemented recetly...

2) Royal Bathhouse:
I think you still missed the main point:
OK, developpers have implemented Egypt recently (nobody finished 10 settlements yet I think) and right after that they plan to implement SAAB with 4/5 useless units - that's in parellel for highly advanced players.
SO developpers force us to choose although we don't want to choose between it (they should give us as many options as possible), so they also lose potential players&payers.
I know it's my choice, it's everyone's choice, but developpers taper our options and we have to chose between two options (many players wouldn't like to chose).

3) What about emissaries producing units, hm? Will you advise me not to use them at all or to swap them?

And finally, lets return to your previous comment:
If your able to finish Egypte before Venus or shortly after Venus, you can keep your
bathhouse in SAM by not ussing renovation or one up kit. This also apply to lvl5
dojo's.
(Striked-through see above)
I can finish 10 Egyptian settlements in 5 months if I will want to. And then I should wait another 5 months with upgrading my Royal Bathhouse and maximizing its production? But what if in SAV (Space Age: Venus) there will be useless units too? Should then I wait an another year? You really know which units will be in SAV?
Anything of that really doesn't make sense to me...

Last edited:

DeletedUser3858

cuáles son los mejores de la nueva era del cinturón de asteroides

TRANSLATION:
what are the best of the new era of asteroid belt

Last edited by a moderator:
First impressions of SAAB:

+ Great graphics. Buildings, units, maps - everything looks great.
+ More expansions.
+ Good new GB.

- Terribly designed and weak units.
- Awful reccuring quests. Truly awful.
- Mars ore synthesizers are a bad joke.

As it stands, without any tweaks to the three very significant minuses I see no reason to advance to SAAB. This is going to be one of the worst ages ever released without big quality of life changes. I don't care how great it looks or that I can get more expansions if playing the game in SAAB is going to significantly worsen my experience. I would ultimately see this as a reason to quit playing if no changes are made. Awful, awful design.

On the plus side, regarding the 'terribly designed and weak units', if SAM units trump SAAB, then:
(A) it sets the stage for later eras trumping both quite wildly, which can reinvigorate AA
(B) fighting SAAB units using SAM in GBG may be like permanently fighting previous-age units

so for GBG focused players, especially those who like to sell goods, I think it's still worth moving up. I just, from the looks of it, won't be building SAAB units, nor worrying about the colony, nor aging up my timeless dojo's, nor aging up or replacing any of my VF buildings (sleigh builders, 15 idols of thalos, endless ships)

On the downside for Inno if nothing is changed:
- Event/Event buildings impact: I haven't had a reason to change out my event buildings for over a year, since the mars goods aren't valuable and I have enough space to put down one of each new event building while keeping my VF ones. I used to do 10+ of each event building. I don't reno things, I delete them, or sometimes store them to ensure I won't need them and then possibly sell or antique dealer them later. Maybe other idiots out there play like me, or maybe they don't. It is a tad embarrassing to admit, but you may want to pander to the huge spenders a bit more. If there's other people like me that I Could speak for, we don't like silly places to spend diamonds that don't give a long term benefit, like buying 10fp for a huge price, we focus on enhancing our city quicker.
Making settlements produce many many more goods per building as has been done, although I think it's done to balance out the CFs long term which is nice, also causes the value of the event buildings being in the same age to go down. We can't trade SAM down to VF other than to gullable people who don't know about the production increase and think that 1:1 offers are a great deal. Luckily with SAM production being messed up SAAB, there'll probably be more trade opportunities.
The only event buildings that will pique my interest will provide either (a) a lot of attacker's defense or (b) units of the PAST age (you've blown the same age units one with these units along with each of: boatloads of supplies (since a lot of buildings miss them, and RQ'ing collections becomes more tedious) along with moderate-to-high coins. If it doesn't meet these marks, I'll view Sentinal Outposts as a more efficient addition.

- Settlements: Why will we bother with settlements given that the worthwhile rewards for a high era are focused on same age units? I'm going to finish my last Japanese settlement before SAAB is on live, then stop going after more dojos. I won't have time to do egypt in time for it to be worth putting the building out, so I've scrapped that already on live. I'm one of those people you love who buy all the expansions right away even if we probably could have done it in time with-out them.

I'm going to enjoy another year of more relaxed events, though.
I'm honestly trying to provide some constructive criticism here. I don't really expect anything to be changed, and I can see the upside of the worsened fighting units for long-term balance, since the damn 20% crit chance on everything randomizes fights so much that you're guaranteeing a lot of diamond heals on two round battles, or forced manual battles. This kind of RNG is where you start to piss off the heavy diamond buyers.

dpghost

Steward
No, dear Inno developers, we are not that stupid as you thought
Watching the recurrent quest one after the other, I noticed several demanding a payment of SAAB goods in the hundreds of units (don't recall the exact number, but a 3 digit number)
Since we get a random rewards that (in case it's goods) is only 5 goods, one has to be seriously impaired in his/her judgement to choose such a quest.
So why did the developers add it in the recurrent quest list?
Did they thought that we are that stupid?

qaccy

Emperor
No, dear Inno developers, we are not that stupid as you thought
Watching the recurrent quest one after the other, I noticed several demanding a payment of SAAB goods in the hundreds of units (don't recall the exact number, but a 3 digit number)
Since we get a random rewards that (in case it's goods) is only 5 goods, one has to be seriously impaired in his/her judgement to choose such a quest.
So why did the developers add it in the recurrent quest list?
Did they thought that we are that stupid?

I always looked at the expensive, difficult, and/or time-consuming recurring quests as being ones that you only tried to complete until you received the diamond reward, then never again. After all, any other prize from one of those quests is definitely not worth the cost, but the diamonds might be for some people. Since you can only get diamonds from each recurring quest once, that's the only way these costs really make sense to me.