• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Asteroid Belt (SAAB)

DeletedUser5097

I don't know French but do I understand all right that this means that the map for mars ore is blocked once you change into space age astereoid?
That’s correct, you obtain Mars ore with new goods buildings which produce extremely low amounts of Mars ore

How does a player get to Mars colony once in SAA?
Just like cultural settlements, when you completed one you can’t get back and start an new fresh one from scratch. This does also apply to the space colonies. Once you have completed one space age you go to the next and the previous colony will be removed. You can make the goods of the previous space age in your main city

DeletedUser9570

But you still need Mars goods in space age astereoid, don't you? What's that stupid idea to close off all that, including the maps, when you need so much mars ore?

And the building for the mars ore is the mars ore synthetisizer, isn't it? And it only produces about two units of mars ore a day if I read the picture of some pages ago correctly. What sense does that make when you need lots of mars ore to get through the whole age?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gindi4711

Steward
I took a look at the game files:
2 mars ore for 8 hours is the base production factor like for all earth goods.
There is also a deposit production factor 5 meaning you will get 10 mars ore if you have to right deposit.

The problem is there is currently no matching deposit set. I think this is a bug and mars ore production is supposed to be 10 per 8 hours.

The size of the goods building is very small with 3x3, so you should have the space to build several of them. Populaton requirements is 7900 which is also rather low considering that you get 500+ population per tile for modern residential buildings.

The bigger issue will be supplies at 360K per 8 hour production. This would mean around 400M supplies if a calculate with 10 mars ore per 8 hours. Better start saving...

DeletedUser5097

Are there any screenshots of SAAB map already? Couldn't find any...
f.jwwb.nl%2Fpublic%2F7%2Fe%2Ff%2Fscreenshhot%2F348dz3%2FSAABmap1.bmp

Wilson5

Merchant
Well it does have an advantage in recurring quests in that it's actually "5 minute" recurring quests atm in SAAB, not 1 hour. 24 hour recurring quests will still belong to blacksmiths or sleigh builders. But regardless of all that, it should still produce more supplies/tile than the previous age.
5min????...and how many need for one quest? Well..with such quest can make all goods and supplies and medals and coins and whatever rewards are. So that quest sounds like only thing age needs. Can skip colony ;ppp. And so easy. Can decide when will work bit and no need to wait and be awake every hour. And I bet not many count on that quest. Nobody also had 250 smith workshops in ocean which gave tons of stuff. Daily 120 quests + supported other 2 quests.

DeletedUser5097

Feedback Cultural building

Satellite dish

11.290 happines
3x4
Happines/tile = 11.290 happines : (3x4) = 940,833... happines/tile

Belt Mining HQ

18.820 happines
5x5
Happines/tile = 18.820 happines : (5x5) = 752,8 happines/tile (relative ''groth -188 happines/tile)

How about also increassing HQ? To for example upgrade from the dish with 9,2 happines/tile? What
would mean:

940,833... + 9,2 = 950 happines/tile x (5x5) = 23.750 Happines (relative groth +9,2 happines/tile)

I'm honestly supprised about this decreassing effincy in both supply production building and cultural
building in this space age, compared to the previouse space age and increasingly less efficent normal
buildings. While other ages where bringing better buildings through ages.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
5min????...and how many need for one quest? Well..with such quest can make all goods and supplies and medals and coins and whatever rewards are. So that quest sounds like only thing age needs. Can skip colony ;ppp. And so easy. Can decide when will work bit and no need to wait and be awake every hour. And I bet not many count on that quest. Nobody also had 250 smith workshops in ocean which gave tons of stuff. Daily 120 quests + supported other 2 quests.

8 space farm productions per quest. If it doesn't change they can be of any duration. In the space I was doing 4 quests every hour at the beginning of mars I could probably arrange it to do 4 quests every 5 minutes. The supporting 'collect supplies' quests are no longer there however - just one collect coins and supplies. I'm not sure if I will or not - I got pretty bad about doing the 1 hr quests a ways in. And more aborts/less bonus completions would make them more tedious still.

Can't quite skip colony because you need large quantities of asteroid ice which will need credits ;) Also colony goods will be lazier than quest goods once you're done tech and have spare ice, so you may as well.

:( It would be nice to add the similary terraforming to asteroid. :D
Could've probably done it to Ceres, the original namegiver before the Era got relabled :AB. But cheer up, next stop will be Venus and her diameter is only a couple of hundreds of miles less than Earth, we might make her a pretty lady from up close, yet... ;-) ...LOTS to do though...

DeletedUser8707

120 quest and each takes 5 minutes + time to rotate quest and then count that goods are random AND depends your Chateau level so its like work...

, count total time for all that and take account that you allready leveled Chateau up lvl100 (what was not free)

, FP feeding quest´s are easiest way get goods, you may do quest fast you can rotate quest/feed FPS BUT its tedius task!

, and you have ONLY two recurrings untill you complete techtree "gating" quest´s what works well because required "asteroid ice" amount is high enough.

I count that I skip all colonny goods factories and use only Chateau, but each 2x recurring takes time so I think I can do only few hundreds goods per day, lolz

BTW, Icemining sites - any spoilers per day total ice amount (using 24h rotation)!!!?

Gindi4711

Steward
any change to military units? compared to the stats and skills of this picture?

Seems really underpowered to me. The increase in stats is not that high and most units will have worse abilities:

Heavy: Loosing force field and range for 60!!!! close range attack bonus
Light units: Loosing dragon breath for contact (which is rather useless for melee units)
Artillery: Loosing 50% heat and speed (which makes is attack later in the battle)
Fast: Loosing range and a bit of speed which makes them unable to hit enemies in round 1 and the will get retaliation damage on most enemies

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Seems really underpowered to me. The increase in stats is not that high and most units will have worse abilities:

Light units: Loosing dragon breath for contact (which is rather useless for melee units)
Artillery: Loosing 50% heat and speed (which makes is attack later in the battle)
Fast: Loosing range and a bit of speed which makes them unable to hit enemies in round 1 and the will get retaliation damage on most enemies

In regards to artillery, whether it attacks earlier or later in battle requires some testing. In ages since AF speed does not always correlate with turn order (we'll call the stat that determines firing order initiative for now).

I'd really be curious where some of the SAAB units lineup relative to earlier age units in initiative. Especially relative to the rocket troop as even with lower stats, mortar is crazy still.

DeletedUser6860

Drill Ranger's contact! attack range is the same as Augmented Samurai, making them absolutely useless unit currently. Shredder is absolutely useless unit currently because they have lack of mobility and their range is same as grenadier. Hover Hammer is absolutely useless unit currently, it works very similar to drone swarms. Belt trades Heat for Blast, making them the newest plasma artillery either. Nail Storm trades Blast for Stealth in Rubble, we can also win in battle with hovertanks vs Nail Storms; since the Nail Storm has little bit less speed, but longer range than Tesla Walkers.

Wilson5

Merchant
yes. but did you expect that mars goods synthesizing includes the mars ore ?

I only thougt at the 5 normal goods when reading mars goods synthesizing

thinking would have warned you:
no mars colony --> no way to produce mars credits --> no mars ore from map anymore
Exactly, if no colony, then no credits, then no ore also, and ore is also good. It only needed brain game, not only "run against wall" game.
But if play one year eyes blinded or cant read or understand what read...what can do but cry and synthesize. But sure they will somehow help beta players because they are not alfa players ;)

DeletedUser8707

Exactly, if no colony, then no credits, then no ore also, and ore is also good. It only needed brain game, not only "run against wall" game.
But if play one year eyes blinded or cant read or understand what read...what can do but cry and synthesize. But sure they will somehow help beta players because they are not alfa players ;)

, more here
I think most of us agreed that continent map development for SAAB was unforeseen and it was surprice that once gained resource from continent map is not boosted or boost vanished. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: