• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Soldier wrong movement

piohh

Baronet
World: zz
Game version: 1.26.23202 (09.05.2014 7:25)
Browser and Version: Firefox/29.0
Overview of the bug: Soldiers across the complete map
Screenshots: sorry no
How often this occurs: more then 2 times
Urgency: last today 21:27 german time against the player krikey

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: yes but no reports about this bug

DeletedUser2752

Sorry, can you give more of an overview of what is happening? Did a soldier move across the entire map in one turn? And what kind of unit is this?

piohh

Baronet
Yes Soldiers (light unit, movement 16) can attack my units on the other site with one turn... like a Champion.

DeletedUser2752

That's very strange. Is this on the Continent map or in your hood?

DeletedUser1264

What age units are you talking about?
Are there any mounted archers in your opponent's lineup? There's an old bug where those appear not to move but damage troops all the way across the field.

DeletedUser2752

What age units are you talking about?
Are there any mounted archers in your opponent's lineup? There's an old bug where those appear not to move but damage troops all the way across the field.
He said he's talking about the soldiers you find in the Iron Age. I'm gonna check the movement costs for them because that's the 1st reason that I can think of that would cause this.

The 2nd reason is what mink mentioned:
First turn, the units move 7-8 spaces toward you, but they appear like they haven't moved yet:
cMkTRL2.jpg
Second turn, you see them run all the way to the other side of the field and attack you:
ff1iYXf.png

EDIT: There's nothing wrong with the movement costs of soldiers, so it is either the second reason, or it's something I can't replicate

Last edited by a moderator:

Andi47

Overlord
He said he's talking about the soldiers you find in the Iron Age. I'm gonna check the movement costs for them because that's the 1st reason that I can think of that would cause this.

The 2nd reason is what mink mentioned:
First turn, the units move 7-8 spaces toward you, but they appear like they haven't moved yet:
cMkTRL2.jpg

Finally this one is recognized... This is being reported since December on the .de server.

I think it happens especially with poor Internet connectivity (e.g. mobile Internet in a building with thick walls or in the middle of nowhere): When I am at home (with quite reliable highspeed-internet connection) I never see this. But last weekend, when I was in a village in the mountains (with poor connectivity), I saw this with every single fight.

piohh

Baronet
No... I don't have a bad connection 16K.

But today the same... the movement of a Champion (Iron age) is 22... why in the hell he can reach my units with one turn?

DeletedUser2752

Yep, the problem is exactly I described. If you look at the first picture. The Champions are actually in front of the rogues (which are what those two red hexes are in front of them), but there's a display error. The next turn they have enough movement to reach your units from the red hexes in the previous picture

This bug has been reported at least here, so I'm going to mark this as a duplicate: http://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?3513-DISPLAY-BUG-Paratrooper-wrongly-positioned

DeletedUser2752

Yes, it seems like they moved from one side of the map to the other, but they moved twice, and the first time (before you could move) wasn't displayed (correctly).

DeletedUser2752

Yep :) To find those units, you have to check for any red hexes on the battlefield without units on them. Sometimes a refresh can actually fix this, but it doesn't help a lot of the times with me.