• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Soccer Cup

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8887

Yesterday when I checked I was in a "league" that would win a wishing well reduction kit. Today I was in a lower league that didn't get that. Typical

DeletedUser8391

false jtrucker.
there are so many quest with "8 productions of 8 hours".. if you have not 8 productions buildings.. you lost one day.
there many quests with 24h production, or "each time production" so one 24h production.
it is impossible to finish it without using diamonds. I have finished 20 last quests with diamonds on each.
And tholos only level 5. 4*4 building for only one pf. it is too little. too hard event.

180625010739233337.jpg

Not fun to not see final table after the end of event...

Lionhead

Baronet
finished event on beta
done all quests
no diamonds used

reached level 7

Used approx. 4500 diamonds. Got to lvl 10.
Used 1600 diamonds here on the last day to ensure I stayed in Silver-league. Scored one more goal to end at 10, as 9 was the cut-off point to be relegated into Bronze-league. Might not have had to score the last goal, and could therefore possibly have gone to lvl 10 on approx. 2900 Diamonds.

Takethat

Merchant
Used approx. 4500 diamonds. Got to lvl 10.
Used 1600 diamonds here on the last day to ensure I stayed in Silver-league. Scored one more goal to end at 10, as 9 was the cut-off point to be relegated into Bronze-league. Might not have had to score the last goal, and could therefore possibly have gone to lvl 10 on approx. 2900 Diamonds.

On live servers the 6th upgrade is obtained upon scoring your 10th goal... So it seems It's worse than the beta.
Six upgrade by scoring ten goals, two by the quests, and the silver league one to hope getting tholos lvl 10...

DeletedUser8277

I liked the way the league reward was packaged in the inventory. This way no one will doubt if they received it or not.

DeletedUser7942

Yeah, I knew not to count on Leagues for getting an upgrade :(

beta-soccer-cup-league-2.gif

But I'm still happy with a level 8 ToI, though of course had to use diamonds to get it.

DeletedUser8410

Not odd, it is specifically planned.
My friend marcus quit the game because he couldn't get bridge to 7 without diamonds, he got stuck on level 6.

So it may make them revenue but it definitely costs them players.

Mdidu

Farmer
If they already lose players with events where we can get the building without diamonds, it might hurt at the end of the event on the live servers since it's clearly a pay2win event.

DeletedUser7942

My friend marcus quit the game because he couldn't get bridge to 7 without diamonds, he got stuck on level 6.

So it may make them revenue but it definitely costs them players.
I'm willing to bet a lot more players quit because of plunder than not being able upgrade an event building fully. I've enjoyed the event and think it's worth it to do, been good for my main with HoF's and ToI and for my alts lots of WW's.

DeletedUser8939

Here there is no strategy everything depends on luck. If spending 2000 diamond I am sure to have level 10 it can be called strategy. Here you spend 2000 diamonds and with luck you can have level 10 since when luck is called strategy.

Here there is no strategy everything depends on luck. If spending 2000 diamond I am sure to have level 10 it can be called strategy. Here you spend 2000 diamonds and with luck you can have level 10 since when luck is called strategy.
Yep now there is no more strategy on FoE... only Arch 80+, luck on events and pay2win... :(:(:(

DeletedUser

If they already lose players with events where we can get the building without diamonds, it might hurt at the end of the event on the live servers since it's clearly a pay2win event.

It's a question of own point of view. I see lvl 10 Tholos clearly as P2W item. Tholos at lvl 7 is possible without or very few Diamonds (you can win ingame with GE and quest rewards). But that doesn't make the whole event to P2W for me. There are lots of other options for free. It's anyone's own decision to pay for Upgrade-Kits or to be happy with an imo not really bad item for free and several other items from Daily Specials.

I can't agree, in this event the Tholos Upgrades were in no way a question of luck. They were not offered in Daily Special lottery but as fix prices for goals. It was possible to do a reasonable calculation how much it will cost to get the full upgraded item.

The way Inno handled the Upgrade-Kits this time was like shopping in RL, I can calculate what I get for my money and don't have to pay for a lottery - getting a consolation price at the end instead of something what would have been worth to me to pay for. Exactly this calculable way might lead to diamond purchases occasionally, comparable to item ingame offers from time to time.

Honestly, I like that way. Imo the diamond buyers deserve a better reward and I am thankful they keep the game running. Inno is a commercial company and not a fan project.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Today I was in a lower league that didn't get that

Are you on the app when you saw this?

Well... in the end it kinda suck to play month-long events so fine-tuned where the only outcome to get the main reward at level 10:
IF YOU BUY DIAMONDS...
I see a lot of level 7, 8 Tholosses

Is this a bad thing? Does every new event and building have to automatically be attainable at the highest level to everyone? Just because it's not level 10 does not make it worthless, nor does it mean there will not be opportunities to level it up further in the future.

Seems to me that some have an opinion of all or nothing on buildings with levels, either they want the highest level there is or it's not worth it. I think there is a lot of gray area in between where the buildings still have value, but that's just me I guess :)