• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Sir Arthur Conan Doyle historical questline

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Silveralius

Squire
This isn't really a bug. As I posted in the announcement for this questline, while you can play the questline on the app here, some of the graphics will be missing as the assets have not been added yet. This will not occur on the live servers.

Maybe it is not a bug. But why Inno start new event and don't have updated data on mobile platform? That is very unprofessional!

Please first make sure that all platform has up to date data and after then release new things. Thx.

I don't know how purpose have release new event so fast.

DeletedUser

Maybe it is not a bug. But why Inno start new event and don't have updated data on mobile platform? That is very unprofessional!

Please first make sure that all platform has up to date data and after then release new things. Thx.

I don't know how purpose have release new event so fast.

This has always been the way it has been here on Beta. In fact there was a time when events and questlines could not be done on the app at all on Beta. The important thing is testing the mechanics of the new content. The graphics will not be an issue on the live servers as I said.

Keritan

Squire
Question for those that are talking about the sequence of quests in this event. Where are you finding what all the quests are going to be before they occur? Or are you guessing? Just curious, cuz I would like to know.

Thank You!

I actually think the map quests should be the opposite, aka: conquer a province, scout a province, take sectors. I mean is anyone actually actively scouting anymore in this game? Either you're good where you're at or you're done with it. If you're in the former group, you've scouted something for a quest and haven't conquered it yet, so you don't have anymore scouting activities until you defeat another province.

I'll pass on this 2FP.

DeletedUser

Question for those that are talking about the sequence of quests in this event. Where are you finding what all the quests are going to be before they occur? Or are you guessing? Just curious, cuz I would like to know.

Thank You!
I am only talking about quests that I already did ;)

because this event doesn't have daily quests
so it is possible to be finished with the whole event already o_O

DeletedUser5160

I've just stopped progressing on the continent map because Inno keeps making these ridiculous event quests. Only then when the event comes out do I make any progress. The economy in Beta is so screwed compared to Live that it's extremely difficult for the later age players to get the goods to negotiate the sectors.

Also, what happened to acquiring the sectors by force? Do you all want diamonds so badly that you want the players to spend diamonds for the missing goods to negotiate? Bad move, inno. Bad move.

DeletedUser7978

Does anyone have a list of the quests please? Thanks :)

DeletedUser8061

Does anyone have a list of the quests please? Thanks :)
Here they are:
1. Spend 11 FPs or delete 3 units from your army.
2. Make people enthusiastic & spend 11 FPs.
3. Build 3 residential buildings from your age or 4 from the previous age & spend 11 FPs.
4. Finish 15-mins production 8 times & 4-hour production 8 times.
5. Acquire 2 sectors without fighting & spend 11 FPs.
6. Collect 200 Tavern Silver & spend 11 FPs.
7. Gather 40 goods & motivate or polish 30 buildings.
8. Research a technology OR spend 40 FPs.
9. Scout a province & spend 11 FPs.
10. Buy 7 FPs & spend 11 FPs.
11. Gain control over a province & gain 5 units from your age or 7 from the previous age.

DeletedUser5955

Here they are:
1. Spend 11 FPs or delete 3 units from your army.
2. Make people enthusiastic & spend 11 FPs.
3. Build 3 residential buildings from your age or 4 from the previous age & spend 11 FPs.
4. Finish 15-mins production 8 times & 4-hour production 8 times.
5. Acquire 2 sectors without fighting & spend 11 FPs.
6. Collect 200 Tavern Silver & spend 11 FPs.
7. Gather 40 goods & motivate or polish 30 buildings.
8. Research a technology OR spend 40 FPs.
9. Scout a province & spend 11 FPs.
10. Buy 7 FPs & spend 11 FPs.
11. Gain control over a province & gain 5 units from your age or 7 from the previous age.

RED: for any player within contenporary or later this quest is RIDDICULUS.
in those ages ppl already have settled with specific city layout arranging it best for their abilities forproductivity. This means all the space is used and placing new building means destroying something in order to make this quest. This RED quest should have also OR option that starts when some1 is within contenporary era or later, but it is without OR option b4 cont. era.

GREEN: same as b4,any1 in cont era or later is set on 24h production, this quests disturbs it and makes it harder for the user. it MUST have OR option like "collect X suppies/Money/PR/units"

WHITE and BLUE: MUST BE REWERSED IN ORDER as it was explained few posts up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lionhead

Baronet
in those ages ppl already have settled with specific city layout arranging it best for their abilities forproductivity. This means all the space is used and placing new building means destroying something in order to make this quest. This RED quest should have also OR option that starts when some1 is within contenporary era or later, but it is without OR option b4 cont. era.

GREEN: same as b4,any1 in cont era or later is set on 24h production, this quests disturbs it and makes it harder for the user. it MUST have OR option like "collect X suppies/Money/PR/units"

WHITE and BLUE: MUST BE REWERSED IN ORDER as it was explained few posts up.

Why don´t you want all quests removed, and just have the:
1. Hand me the end prize, please.

It seems many players can´t handle the "inconvinience" and temporarely sell a goods building, build the 3 or 4 residential buildings, sell the last one and put up your goods building again.
Green: The same as above. If you think that´s hard, maybe you don´t deserve the end prize.
Allthough the order of the Province-included quests makes it hard for me to get through the questline within the designated time, it is managable. With the +3 days for the OF2 scout to get to it´s destination, I´ll most likely have to spend a few diamonds on it. Everybody should get some as a quest prize sometime in the first 10 quests anyway.
In general, I don´t mind using a few diamonds if the end prize is worth it. And if I don´t find it worth it, I won´t finish the questline. Simple.

DeletedUser5955

you dont get what im saying.

Im saying that those quests in this order and with those tasks are:

great for any1 who plays bronze to colonial age
good for industrial age to modern era
bad for Postmodernera
total crap for any1 contenporary era til now(oceanic future)

those tasks are design for fast growing cities like in first few eras but the more the progress slows those quests began being obselete and pointless, especialy with prizes worse then SOK.

So generaly i would advise inno to re-think those quests accordingly to the age player is in.

Also as I wrote but no1 noticed:

i will generalize a bit.
I can see that inno CAN create good things.

BUT why for 1 good thing inno make, then inno makes 100 way worse things?

this include bug fixing , buildings, events, all foe.
HTML5 + flash makes possible to do amazing things - go check games made with html5 + flash + some programming //EDIT sadly i wasnt PROMOTING anything I was simply giving you an example of game that uses HTML5 + Flash + some other programming mix, I gave this example due to simple reason: it seams inno do not see any other game solutions for foe which will make this game very soon obselete and inno probobly instead of creating new engine for will double / triple / quadrouple diamond prizes thinking itll help (HINT: it wont)

so why all mechanics in foe are so old?
why not make some more exciting events?

like an event with onscreen puzzles? lets say we start with:
4 piece puzzles,
9 piece puzzles
16 piece puzzles
25 piece puzzles
etc up to 500 pieces? or even a 1000?

and if done right with right prizes this could get way more exciting then some quests that are more troublesome for high-age players.
cos tasks like "8h production" or "1h production" "scout" "province" for high age player are realy troublesome then fun.

exept puzzles there could be some minigames like whack-a-mole, pipermania, boulderdash etc.

and also why not connect game with forum?

for instance:
quest:
tell us your story - ucan write anything story-like and story-related that has 500 words.

now mods could check grammar, spelling etc and give a score A - F, then in game:

"You were awarded <mark> and for your efforts you will receive <reward>"

and those ideas are just fast thinking ones...

Edit: NormaJeane - 2017-05-03 - removed unallowed reference.

DeletedUser

Suddenly I understand that the devs may not listen to a legitimate problem as for the "or" in researching a technology.
It seems as though the "make it more easy" requests are endless..
Sad that the real showstoppers may not be heard this way :-/

DeletedUser5955

Suddenly I understand the devs may not listen to, in my eyes, a legitimate problem as for the "or" in researching a technology.
It seems as though the "make it more easy" requests are endless..
Sad that the real showstoppers may not be heard this way :-/

are u saying my ideas are worthless?

Macha

Squire

not sure what changes in CE to make building houses more inconvenient than earlier ages, but TE has 1x1 pod houses, FE has 2x2 self-supporting homes, having a quest to build these is as easy as they get

Lionhead

Baronet
you dont get what im saying.

Im saying that those quests in this order and with those tasks are:

great for any1 who plays bronze to colonial age
good for industrial age to modern era
bad for Postmodernera
total crap for any1 contenporary era til now(oceanic future)

I actually got what you said.
And I respectfully disagree. I´m an OF2 player here on Beta, and OF1 on 3 of the 4 worlds I play on my national server. And to be honest, it´s not totally crap for me, to delete a Goods building, and then buiild and sell 4 Clock Tower Apartments.
And maybe I´m special, but I can manage to get around the non-24 hr production quest as well with ease, despite I usually have goods and supplies running in 24 hr circles.
One thing is for sure. I would be disappointed to get 11 quests which all was close to being auto-completed.

DeletedUser5955

I actually got what you said.
And I respectfully disagree. I´m an OF2 player here on Beta, and OF1 on 3 of the 4 worlds I play on my national server. And to be honest, it´s not totally crap for me, to delete a Goods building, and then buiild and sell 4 Clock Tower Apartments.
And maybe I´m special, but I can manage to get around the non-24 hr production quest as well with ease, despite I usually have goods and supplies running in 24 hr circles.
One thing is for sure. I would be disappointed to get 11 quests which all was close to being auto-completed.

Yes, making quests that are auto completed is kinda pointless.
Thsts why i suggested few other solutions that would be medium or hard to complete for cont era or more but wont disrupt any production times.
And actualy thats the point. If ur making a quest line DONT disrupt any production with it or dont disrupt any city desing by giving quests that are for low eras.

Why not make a questline like:

- puzzles - all sorts of those.
- riddles to answer.
- some flash-like minigames.
- or even connect stricly with forums and make quest like " write a 500 word story about something"
- and since ur developing this game to places like friends tavern, why not make events like " orginize neighbourhood picnic" where you would get a new store where you could buy stuff out for such event, but payment could be any gold/ supplies / goods / silver / FP of players choosing?

and thats just a few ideas what would make it more interesting then "finish X hour production"

DeletedUser8061

why not make events like " orginize neighbourhood picnic" where you would get a new store where you could buy stuff out for such event, but payment could be any gold/ supplies / goods / silver / FP of players choosing?

Wow, that's a nice idea!

DeletedUser5955

or make quiz - like events.

there is a story and for each page of it there would be 3 questions.
when answered right questline moves to another page.

If a person answered all Qs first time he get the best possible rewards.
each mistake reduces those prizes.

//EDIT
@Harleen if that avatar is You then ur cute and sweet:)