• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Sieges All Ages Map

NorMags

Baronet
I have a question. On my live server when placing siege with 8 Rail Guns on AA Map they are turned into Artic units!!! Why? Can't say if it happens here as i'm only in Contemporary Era...

Last edited:

DeletedUser2752

If you don't select units from the current age, they will be assigned randomly to units from your current age once you start the siege.

DeletedUser5149

The units from the siege will always be transformed to units of your era on the All Ages map.

This needs further explanation. You can insert troops of a different age into a hex you own before releasing it, and they will not transform, but become a part of the defense of the hex after releasing and sieging it, as you would expect in an 'all ages' map. And to address the OP's concern directly, someone in my guild recently said that the sieging troops can now be of a lower age, and will not transform to the players age, but I have not tried this myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Only the siege units will transform to units of your era (and of course those same units will fill in the 1st defense slot). Units placed directly into defense will not change their era, they will match the units you select and place in defense.

As to 'why' it works that way, I'm afraid that's something we can't quite answer as we're not aware of the reasoning behind the design choice, we're just aware it was designed that way. We'll ask to see if we can provide a more detailed answer.

NorMags

Baronet
As to 'why' it works that way, I'm afraid that's something we can't quite answer as we're not aware of the reasoning behind the design choice, we're just aware it was designed that way. We'll ask to see if we can provide a more detailed answer.
You do see the stupidity in this? --Needing a player from the "right era" to set sieges?
And the announcement said nothing about this as far as i can see....

Andi47

Overlord
Looks like a BUG - has not always been like this! (introduced with 1.77 to live servers). I guess that a query, whether units have been selected or not, has been "optimized" away...

NorMags

Baronet
Support on my live server did not know anything about it, if it is intended or not. They should look into it... And if it used to work then all sectors taken prior to 1.77 have gotten transformed too...

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
I can confirm that this has already been looked into, as it came up a while back, and it is intended behavior.

As to why you may not have seen it before, I'll quote myself from the other thread:
If you were in FE before that and you've only used FE units, then you would not have noticed the behavior. But if you tried placing units from a different era, they would have transformed.

NorMags

Baronet
I can confirm that this has already been looked into, as it came up a while back, and it is intended behavior.

As to why you may not have seen it before, I'll quote myself from the other thread:
I'm starting to get very angry here now!!! So if one of my guild members who's in Future Era lays the siege with 8 Railguns it stays Railguns!!? It's still the same sector!! Only i i'm not allowed to lay the siege with Railguns!!!??? Where's the freaking logic in that???????????

Last edited by a moderator:

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Oh one more thing, you say it is intended behaviour..`Was it intended not to let us know this in the announcement??
I can only apologize for it not being included in the announcement, but obviously announcements do not include every possible detail about new features, otherwise they would be so lengthy that no one would read them anyway. For any questions and straightening out information, we're always here to try and answer as soon as we can.

As pointed out the question came up after the map was introduced and the matter was queried with the game design team - I myself was also not aware if this is how it works. All other GvG eras have a specified era, while the All Ages map doesn't so for the siege units it takes the player's era.

Miepie

Baronet

Why are we not allowed to decide for ourselves what siege army we want?

Personally I think you should give up on the all ages GvG, simply make it an Artic map and create a new map when you release a new era. Just release that new era with a full set of military units instead of this approach.

NorMags

Baronet
I can only apologize for it not being included in the announcement, but obviously announcements do not include every possible detail about new features, otherwise they would be so lengthy that no one would read them anyway. For any questions and straightening out information, we're always here to try and answer as soon as we can
I would say this is pretty important information...