• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Siege without troops?

Tanmay11

Regent
I noticed that now we are able to place a siege without selecting any troop, now it only needs goods to do so:cool:

so is this a bug?:confused: or now this is how placing siege is going to be?

RedRed

Viceroy
I don't see how this adds another defensive slot, and furthermore, even though you can place the siege army, remember the 7-day rule, so you cannot leave and create a new guild to kill off the siege. You must have a friend from another guild in order to gain VERY easy points.
An opponent guild needs to defeat the siege (1) and then the defensive slots (8) (but this was possible even before).
Now I understand what you meant about the friends... combat against the siege it's truly better :)

Last edited:

Tanmay11

Regent
I have 90% bonus to attack, most sectors have 0% to defense so I can fight without losing units.

I can delete this sector and attack another for 25 supplies again. I don’t need sectors for myself I’m going only improve my ranking by attacking other guilds army.
Or like byeordie said

yeah if u have 90% attack then no arguments;)

DeletedUser5249

So can I just confirm, as I have read through this whole post and it doesnt appear to be confirmed by mod, if I have 8 PME military units selected and place a siege then will my troops be taken from my army for the siege or will it be no cost, so the 8 that I have selected will be placed as the siege army but I will not lose any of my troops and they will remain in my selected army. If I don't have any PME units at all I can still place a siege subject to goods availability in the Guild Treasury?

Thanks

DeletedUser2752

So can I just confirm, as I have read through this whole post and it doesnt appear to be confirmed by mod, if I have 8 PME military units selected and place a siege then will my troops be taken from my army for the siege or will it be no cost, so the 8 that I have selected will be placed as the siege army but I will not lose any of my troops and they will remain in my selected army. If I don't have any PME units at all I can still place a siege subject to goods availability in the Guild Treasury?

Thanks
Yes. I'll give a more detail explanation on how this works anyways:

Let's pretend I'm in the Iron Age. If I selected 8 of any Iron Age unit and placed a siege, I will NOT lose those units (I will only lose the goods I pay for the siege), and a copy of what I selected will appear as the siege army. If I select 4 soldiers (Light-Melee Iron Age unit) and 4 spearmen, I will NOT lose any units, and you will see (at least) 4 soldiers plus 4 more random units that belong to the Iron Age. If I select just 2 ballistas, I will NOT lose any units, and you will see (at least) 2 ballistas plus 6 more random units that belong to the Iron Age. If I select nothing, I will NOT lose any units, and you will see 8 more random units that belong to the Iron Age.

Champions (if in the correct age) and rogues will show if you select them, but they will never show up as a random unit (along with any special units like barbarians, braves, etc.)

DeletedUser

you can see how this siege thing will ruin things and ghost attacks will be non stop
and i just put the sieges to make a point. i have a total of 8 light iron age troops. if i wish, i could siege the entire area
Capture.jpg

DeletedUser

you can see how this siege thing will ruin things and ghost attacks will be non stop
and i just put the sieges to make a point. i have a total of 8 light iron age troops. if i wish, i could siege the entire area
View attachment 888

also means almost infinite points since you can put up an easy setup (8 heavy units up until industrial) and auto kill them with 8 ranged units and a decent bonus.
some persons keep creating new guilds while putting on sieges and you can just auto harvest your points and grow with sick ammounts