• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Siege without troops?

Tanmay11

Regent
I noticed that now we are able to place a siege without selecting any troop, now it only needs goods to do so:cool:

so is this a bug?:confused: or now this is how placing siege is going to be?

DeletedUser2752

It is not a bug. I just found out about this on the EN server's announcement:
  • Siege army unit cost has been removed. The requirement to field a siege army with full units was a bit confusing to new players and was also hindering activity for guilds that fight across multiple ages. For this reason we implemented following changes:
    - Placing a siege army no longer costs or requires having a currently selected army.
    - When a siege army is placed (by paying goods), "matching" units are automatically copied from the player's current army. "Matching" means "units of the correct era". If there are empty unit slots or non-matching units in the player's army, the missing units are randomly selected from that age (excluding, as always, special units like barbarians, rogues etc.).

I also thought I should add this new GvG feature as well:

• From now on, one player can grant freedom to a sector only 4 times per day. This solution has been implemented to prevent abuses that might happen when not-exactly-trusted guild member is accidentally given "trusted" right. The limit resets at daily calculation.

DeletedUser1264

- Placing a siege army no longer costs or requires having a currently selected army.

Could someone decipher that for me, please and thank you?
What does "no longer costs" mean? There's still a cost in goods, yes?

DeletedUser4846

I believe it means that your units are no longer removed from your unit pool when you start a seige. The goods are still taken from the guild treasury but the troops appear from nowhere.

I think it goes like this:

Example 1, I have no HMA units, but the guild has HMA goods for the seige, I can still place the seige and random troops from that age are picked and are fielded as the seige army.

Example 2, I have PE units of all types and have selected snipers and tanks in my "active" army, the guild has enough PE goods for the seige, I can place the seige but none of my troops are used from my selected army, duplicates are placed down instead and my troops can be used in my first attack.

Net result, you need less troops to attack now.

agramer66

Steward
No, that would be nice, but what it means is if you didn't select your army properly (right era) before you weren't able to put on a siege. Now the proper troops are automatically taken out of your army pool, so it's just a little help...

DeletedUser1264

No, that would be nice, but what it means is if you didn't select your army properly (right era) before you weren't able to put on a siege. Now the proper troops are automatically taken out of your army pool, so it's just a little help...

But it says "placing a siege army no longer costs". Which doesn't make any sense, but that's what it says.

DeletedUser

What about pushing? I can ask my friend to make a new guild and place siege on my sector on the beach. Right now I can make attacks as many times as I want and I can improve my ranking all day long.
Old solution did not allow for such things.

RedRed

Viceroy
What about pushing? I can ask my friend to make a new guild and place siege on my sector on the beach. Right now I can make attacks as many times as I want and I can improve my ranking all day long.
Old solution did not allow for such things.
You can do yourself, why you need a friend? siege army is copied (so you pay only the goods from the new guild).
Moreover, this pratically adds a 9th defensive slot :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DeletedUser4256

From now on, one player can grant freedom to a sector only 4 times per day. This solution has been implemented to prevent abuses that might happen when not-exactly-trusted guild member is accidentally given "trusted" right. The limit resets at daily calculation.

probably it'll be a dumb question but:

..what happens if the 'spy' deletes all armies of all sectors?

I think the final damage is basically the same as 'Grant freedom' ..without restrictions though

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2752

You can do yourself, why you need a friend? siege army is copied (so you pay only the goods from the new guild).
Moreover, this pratically adds a 9th defensive slot :rolleyes:
I don't see how this adds another defensive slot, and furthermore, even though you can place the siege army, remember the 7-day rule, so you cannot leave and create a new guild to kill off the siege. You must have a friend from another guild in order to gain VERY easy points.

probably it'll be a dumb question but:

..what happens if the 'spy' deletes all armies of all sectors?

I think the final damage is basically the same as 'Grant freedom' ..without restrictions though
I was thinking about that too. I can't be sure, so I'll see what I can find about it.

DeletedUser

Devs, please don't do this "no army thing". It's going to destroy everything. There will be constant non stop attacks, where even if the defender stops, he will still be losing, because he's losing troops by destroying a siege army that is just created from nothing

DeletedUser

So if I make 1 person guild then I’ll be able to attack another guilds all the time, and if they’ll take siege down I’ll lose only 25 supplies. I can destroy anyone if I have a bad mood.

In the other hand, if my friend will make 1 person guild then we’ll be able to attack each other all the time without losing units. Then we’ll be able to push our ranking points all day long.

I think it's very bad for the game, but if you implement that I’ll use it willingly

DeletedUser

It feels pretty strange that we don't need to pay units anymore while the siege cost is still the same. Earlier it was the goods that was most important in GvG, and players started to remove barracks in order to have place for more goods buildings. Now they have removed the use of units even more - where are we actually heading? Warfare or goodsfare??? :confused:

My suggestion:

- A siege should cost 8 units (like earlier).
- The goods cost for a siege should be 200 of each good, no matter how many sieges the guild already has.
- Each defensive slot should cost 20 goods.

Tanmay11

Regent
So if I make 1 person guild then I’ll be able to attack another guilds all the time, and if they’ll take siege down I’ll lose only 25 supplies. I can destroy anyone if I have a bad mood.

In the other hand, if my friend will make 1 person guild then we’ll be able to attack each other all the time without losing units. Then we’ll be able to push our ranking points all day long.

I think it's very bad for the game, but if you implement that I’ll use it willingly

how can you attack all the time? its only siege that doesn't require troops,attacking defensive army still requires troops
and as you gain sectors its not that easy to get those huge amounts of goods for sieges,especially if you are all by yourself.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2752

how can you attack all the time? its only siege that doesn't require troops,attacking defensive army still requires troops
and as you gain sectors its not that easy to get those huge amounts of goods for sieges,especially if you are all by yourself.
Form two new guilds, and continuously attack the friend's siege ;)

DeletedUser

I have 90% bonus to attack, most sectors have 0% to defense so I can fight without losing units.

I can delete this sector and attack another for 25 supplies again. I don’t need sectors for myself I’m going only improve my ranking by attacking other guilds army.
Or like byeordie said