• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest Shrink Kits for Old Favourites

Jubilee

Merchant
Reason
To give players a bit more room on their cities as space is really become something we really need for the many buildings now available.
Details
What is the use of all our goodies if we have very little room to put them down.
I know some people have managed to gain lots of expansions but many players especially New Players are disadvantaged in this area of space to put down our Special Buildings. Especially those which help us do GE & GBG. Also some extra Silver & Gold Upgrades for Older Special Buildings.
Balance
This way you can capitalize on what you have already & most Players have.
Abuse Prevention
Make the Shrink Kits & Upgrades prizes in upcoming Events. So they are not going to just be available all the time. To be won as part of the game play so everyone has a go at getting them.
Summary
I am sure you can go through your older Special Buildings & work out which ones are highly sort after & can be upgraded. Plus that is what you mainly get in the Antiques Shop. Reuse, recycle. A way of giving the Older Event & Special Buildings a revamp, to decrease the need to come up with NEW stuff. Plus Players already have sooo much in their Inventories that has become useless. Many Older Players are sentimental over the Older Event & Special Buildings. It will be growth for the entire game having these Old things upgraded & made smaller. There are a few Old Buildings that would be good if only they were Smaller. I leave it there.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes
Olympic Treasury, Crows Nest, even the Colossus.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Thunderdome

Emperor
The idea was to get us to pick which buildings we want to put into our city at the time and then wait until we are able to build further (through expansion purchases, earnings, aging up*). Then there are some buildings I can do without as it has become useless compared to the much newer event buildings; and even those I choose which ones I want to put in my city while either selling the others through AD or just keeping them in inventory.

The following are useless in my opinion:

• Victory Tower (level 1 and 2). Hated them with a passion; and hated them even more when Inno gives them out in events.
• Any attachment based buildings to the main building. I just put down the main building only; the attachments I just sell off as they take up valuable real estate if I place them down.
• Any building that gives low output for a large size (4x6. 4x5, etc.) that even a shrink kit can't even save it.

even the Colossus.
You has got to be *expletive* me. Ha ha ha. Sorry, I never liked that building since at level 10 it gives a very small amount of medals daily (yeah, had that in one of my live cities that I no longer play in) than I would have gotten through incidents alone.

Jubilee

Merchant
You know some people like to have Bling. What about things like the Snow Globe, it only gives a few coins. I like mine, have not trashed it. However it requires a road. What about removing Road requirements for some Bling. Really it is not all about Strong cities. Some Players like to decorate their cities or have that piece they like. Forge needs to expand from just being a Fighting is the ONLY goal game. Some Forge players love building their cities & putting various pieces in it. Going up the Eras is another goal. It is not all about having a Strong City for fighting. Surely there is some room or way people can have a few old favourite pieces for ascetic reasons. Or has that illuded the Forge team? You probably lose a lot of Players who want to build a nice looking city that they like. I did not start Forge to play fighting games but to Build a city (fighting just came with the territory). There is not much out there where the artwork is as nice as Forge. I like getting event buildings because I like the look of them. Silly but that is how it is. Sadly I am stuck with putting down what I need for fighting or to keep the marauders at bay (I do like many of those but I have my favourites). My city is not very strong, I do what I can for my Guild but I would like to put down a few more of the things I have in my Inventory. I can't just store & change things much either. I do have enough of those Store Units & I have worked up to doing Level 4 GE to try & get them but the fragments means they are slow in coming. I will just have to work with the restrictions. Surely there can be some give that doesn't undermine the core of the Forge game?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Or I can put down a few things without a road & be able to turn off the little symbol that sits over it to say it has no road. So the Building doesn't give resources just there to look pretty. Surely you guys can put on your thinking caps to satisfy us Bling Horders. Plus some more access to Store buildings would be nice so we can change our Bling. And another thing. It took me a while to get the idea of how the whole grid thing works. I just kept making a bigger & bigger square or rectangle, no space. Can we have grass or spacing extentions so we can space out our cities? So they only there to look nice & for buildings not to be so crowded, the extensions can have gardens, grass, put a few together with various stones or ground to make courtyards. Again good Event prizes. No compromise to the game but give you a nicer looking city?

Thunderdome

Emperor
There was a time where I would have this "bling" going about in my city. I would get some things on impulse until I realize they aren't that useful.

For one piece, I try to prepare for events by having a solid number of event based production buildings (sunken treasure, insect hotel, sleigh builder) that are small in size to be placed; for my current age, I need to have around 22 to catch most quests in one go instead of having a second run that would take hours to come back to in order to finish that quest. Sure, a person can build enough 2x2 blacksmiths but Inno has started to throw wrenches our way in the form of "current age" or "one age lower" productions (luckily, it didn't ask for specific timed productions) in order to move forward; if you're in Iron Age, those blacksmiths will help for the "one age lower" task. In the times I don't have an event quest asking for such, I just produce goods/forge points.

For other piece, I tend to have Attack/Defense based buildings so I can do GE(1-64) each week and participate in GBg. I no longer negotiate for either one and can get up to 60 Attrition each day with just Hovers and Rogues. I hardly hit any hoodies and I dare won't touch Player vs Bots (PvB) Arena, even if Inno offered me 100 FP each time I hit a battle. I won't do it.

For the final piece, I am dropping buildings that I feel won't fit the bill and replacing them with buildings that have a lot to offer. Some buildings I won't have because they are in events that I hardly liked or even tickled my fancy in trying (I just finish the quests for stuff only).

But, take it from me. As I am getting more Store Building items along the way, I am eyeing which buildings I want to put into inventory to be kept or sold. It will take a long time, but I am sure it's worth the wait (unless, Inno shuts down the game like most developers had done in the history of gaming).

Jubilee

Merchant
There was a time where I would have this "bling" going about in my city. I would get some things on impulse until I realize they aren't that useful.

For one piece, I try to prepare for events by having a solid number of event based production buildings (sunken treasure, insect hotel, sleigh builder) that are small in size to be placed; for my current age, I need to have around 22 to catch most quests in one go instead of having a second run that would take hours to come back to in order to finish that quest. Sure, a person can build enough 2x2 blacksmiths but Inno has started to throw wrenches our way in the form of "current age" or "one age lower" productions (luckily, it didn't ask for specific timed productions) in order to move forward; if you're in Iron Age, those blacksmiths will help for the "one age lower" task. In the times I don't have an event quest asking for such, I just produce goods/forge points.

For other piece, I tend to have Attack/Defense based buildings so I can do GE(1-64) each week and participate in GBg. I no longer negotiate for either one and can get up to 60 Attrition each day with just Hovers and Rogues. I hardly hit any hoodies and I dare won't touch Player vs Bots (PvB) Arena, even if Inno offered me 100 FP each time I hit a battle. I won't do it.

For the final piece, I am dropping buildings that I feel won't fit the bill and replacing them with buildings that have a lot to offer. Some buildings I won't have because they are in events that I hardly liked or even tickled my fancy in trying (I just finish the quests for stuff only).

But, take it from me. As I am getting more Store Building items along the way, I am eyeing which buildings I want to put into inventory to be kept or sold. It will take a long time, but I am sure it's worth the wait (unless, Inno shuts down the game like most developers had done in the history of gaming).
I do too But it would be nice to have the ability to keep a few old favourites. I though making some of them smaller because the newer Special Bldgs were smaller might be a good idea but I guess we have to give in to progress. I hope that Forge finds a way to keep going. The open space extensions (which have grass, some gardens or courtyard tiles that could be very nice) would be good so not everything is crammed together, of course they will have to be able to take roads for connection but they would not be able to do more than that. You can then pick up from your buildings more easily & it would make organising the City easier.