• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Share your Christmas Story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
ChristmasContest.png
Ho-ho-ho, Kings and Queens!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere you go. Take a look at the five and ten, it's glistening once again, with candy canes and silver lanes that glow.

This year, to save me from tears, I want you to write something special!

Oh, did I mix something up? Indeed, it seems like I did. But it does not matter, because it is fitting with today's topic: Christmas Stories!
In the spirit of Christmas, the season of sharing and caring, I want to hear your personal Christmas Stories.

Let's get to the rules:
  • The Contest begins today on the 24th of December and ends on the 31st of December at 23:59 Server time.
  • Please write a small text describing a personal Christmas Story. It can be about a tradition you have, something special you have experienced, or great things you remember during Christmas from your childhood.
  • The text can be written as a comment in this thread.
  • It can be as long as you want, but should at least have 100 words.
  • All posts will be visible from the beginning. This means, that everyone can read your story.
  • Please make sure to not share any private data, like full names, addresses or pictures.
  • Please create only one post. You can edit it afterwards, if you want to make some changes.
  • The winners will be chosen by random.
  • Everyone can participate (even team members, but they will not get a reward).

What you can win:

From all participants, we will decide 5 lucky winners by random. They will each get the following:
  • 1 InnoGames Mug
  • 1 InnoGames Sport Bag
  • 250 Diamonds
A further 2 of these lucky winners will also receive a special surprise in addition to the aforementioned rewards!

We will announce the winners here and then write them a private message through the Forum. Please don't share your address publicly, We will ask you for it in a private message, where only you and I can see it.

And that's all! I am excited to read all your Stories! We wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

I walked wearily and aimlessly down the snowy street. It was festive and bright around me, and the twinkling decorations on the shops and the street created that special festive Christmas mood.
The people I passed by were slightly turning away from me with expressions of undisguised annoyance and disgust. They were right. I didn't look brilliant at all. The dirty old coat, the torn winter shoes and my unshaven and unwashed face really didn't evoke sympathy... That's me.. A vagabond, a tramp, a homelss... Call it what you want, but in the end it's something like me. I deliberately use the word "thing" because creature sounds too elevated...
And not so long ago, I used to look at clogs the way the others look at me now... I was a successful person with a good business and I thought life was an endless race and an endless celebration...
Yeah, but no... the idyll was spoiled by the divorce... I don't know where my ex-wife found that lawyer, but he managed to literally ruin me.... I ended up on the street, without a business or a penny and living poorly and free...
It was summer time then and I didn't feel the shock so violently, but now.... night time temperatures often dropped well below freezing and I don't want to tell you how it feels to sleep outside in such conditions, shoved into a couple of boxes...
I had inevitably reached the Church... It is a very old building, erected on the ruins of an even more ancient pagan temple. I stepped inside and breathed a sigh of relief. Not only because it was much warmer inside, but also because every time I felt some pleasant relaxation and peace...
I sat down at the end of one of the pews and thought... A hundred times I wondered if I could go back to that world of mine again... I felt sad, and now, on Christmas Day, I felt even more nostalgic for home and the holiday atmosphere... It's not possible to remember things so strongly... I could literally smell the aroma of the cake baking in the oven...
I felt the tears running down my cheeks, but I didn't even try to wipe them away... I wished I was gone... To be dead, to be done with myself once and for all and not to torture myself.....
- Hello, I heard as if from very far away. I opened my eyes and saw a little girl standing in front of me. She was thin and petite, with very fine curly dark hair and huge, as it seemed to me, black eyes... There was something very expressive in them.. They were somehow not childishly serious and sad...
- Hello, she repeated. Why are you crying?
What should I answer her... I looked around worriedly, because I expected someone to shout at her to get away from me, but I saw no one...
- My mother died, the girl said. And now every night I come here to pray for my mom to come back to me. The priest at school used to say that if you wish something very strong and pray for it, it will happen. Do you pray?
I stood there and couldn't say a word.... It was only now that I realized that since I had become a wanderer, I had hardly talked to anyone... I felt uneasy. I just couldn't speak and just looked at her...
She stood and looked at me some more with her serious eyes, and then she fumbled in her little purse and handed me something... She slowly put it in my hand and then closed my fingers on top. She looked at me once more, turned and walked away....
I stood there as if numb. After a while, I slowly opened my hand and looked at what she had left me.
It was a Christmas card that said LOVE...

thomas789

Farmer
Preface:
A personal Christmas experience wrapped in a story.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The special experience of a little king on the beta server

Little King Thomas slipped restlessly on his large throne and the assembled advisors stood before him, mumbling together. "What is Christmas now about?" Thomas asked his advisors. "It is celebrated every year, nobody knows what it is about. A festival for the dealers? Or is there really a red goblin who flies around on his sleigh and distributes gifts?" Added Thomas.
Finally one of the advisors cleared his throat and took a step forward. He was very old. He seemed to come from a very different time. Only now does King Thomas notice that he had not noticed this man, with a warm charisma and alert eyes, in all that time.

The advisor began to tell:
An old king wondered, "What will become of the child?" 35 years after meeting the child, he had still not been able to forget the special circumstances. Its scientists had determined that the King of All Worlds would be born. He and other kings set out to pay homage to this king. It was burned into his memory, the arduous long journey, how they followed the star with fascination and how they made a fool of themselves when they reached their destination. First they were ridiculed by the residents and then the local king tried to deceive them by the grace of Rome. A comical story turned into a gruesome affair, as soon after all the newborn boys were killed by the local king's captors.
Eventually the kings ended up in a stable in Bethlehem. The poor parents tried to keep everything clean around the born child. Donkeys, cattle and goats stood around with their natural smells. At first the kings were shocked by the dirt and conditions. But then, strangely enough, all the kings present had the same thoughts. It was as if a ghost had whispered something to them. They couldn't put it into words, but they suspected it. For a brief moment they had gained a glimpse into another dimension that was closed to human eyes and the human mind. It looked so simple: the helpless little child in the manger in this wretched stable is supposed to be God himself, who came into this world? And yet everything was deep and multilayered that one could not grasp it with the mind.
The old king was slowly running out of vitality. He still remembered how since the meeting with this child in Bethlehem, the relationship with the other kings on the return journey became better and better and since then there had been peace between their kingdoms for decades, the travelers understood that it was not about property, gold, power and validity arrived. It all came down to peace between oneself and God. As a result, everything else became unimportant that was dividing and quarreling between people.

With these words the adviser ended his remarks and King Thomas looked thoughtfully at the ceiling and brooded. He was about to say something and looked at the place where this old man was standing, but he was no longer there. He looked around, smiled and suspected that he had just had a personal Christmas experience.
Finally King Thomas said: "Tell everyone: Merry Christmas! Never forget what this festival is supposed to remind us of, otherwise we will be lost in the hustle and bustle of the times."

(Published on 12/24/2021 on Uceria in the chat of the guild Unaufhaltsam)

Emberguard

Emperor
There once was a Snowman. Funny little guy, great sense of humour. Wore a top hat everywhere and had this colourful scarf on them. One Christmas they decided they were sick of tears and longed for the company of their friends. Surely listening to their stories would cheer him up
heavy-black-heart_2764.png

Sound familiar? Must run in the family
Good afternoon. I am Olaf, and... *Hey, Olaf!* -Please let me finish, and I like warm hugs. This is my associate, Sven. We're going door to door looking for family traditions. Tell us yours, and we'll decide if it's special enough.

The Snowman wanted to show their appreciation to their friends for taking the time to share their stories with him, so they thought about what they could possibly give in return. In the end the Snowman decided a couple knick-knacks would make the perfect gift and a few diamonds thrown in would surely sweeten the deal.

Within the first day two friends had already shared their Christmas stories. The Snowman‘s heart leapt with joy. This Christmas would be one shared with friends and something to treasure for years to come.

CrazyMary

Farmer
Preface:
A personal Christmas experience wrapped in a story.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The special experience of a little king on the beta server

Little King Thomas slipped restlessly on his large throne and the assembled advisors stood before him, mumbling together. "What is Christmas now about?" Thomas asked his advisors. "It is celebrated every year, nobody knows what it is about. A festival for the dealers? Or is there really a red goblin who flies around on his sleigh and distributes gifts?" Added Thomas.
Finally one of the advisors cleared his throat and took a step forward. He was very old. He seemed to come from a very different time. Only now does King Thomas notice that he had not noticed this man, with a warm charisma and alert eyes, in all that time.

The advisor began to tell:
An old king wondered, "What will become of the child?" 35 years after meeting the child, he had still not been able to forget the special circumstances. Its scientists had determined that the King of All Worlds would be born. He and other kings set out to pay homage to this king. It was burned into his memory, the arduous long journey, how they followed the star with fascination and how they made a fool of themselves when they reached their destination. First they were ridiculed by the residents and then the local king tried to deceive them by the grace of Rome. A comical story turned into a gruesome affair, as soon after all the newborn boys were killed by the local king's captors.
Eventually the kings ended up in a stable in Bethlehem. The poor parents tried to keep everything clean around the born child. Donkeys, cattle and goats stood around with their natural smells. At first the kings were shocked by the dirt and conditions. But then, strangely enough, all the kings present had the same thoughts. It was as if a ghost had whispered something to them. They couldn't put it into words, but they suspected it. For a brief moment they had gained a glimpse into another dimension that was closed to human eyes and the human mind. It looked so simple: the helpless little child in the manger in this wretched stable is supposed to be God himself, who came into this world? And yet everything was deep and multilayered that one could not grasp it with the mind.
The old king was slowly running out of vitality. He still remembered how since the meeting with this child in Bethlehem, the relationship with the other kings on the return journey became better and better and since then there had been peace between their kingdoms for decades, the travelers understood that it was not about property, gold, power and validity arrived. It all came down to peace between oneself and God. As a result, everything else became unimportant that was dividing and quarreling between people.

With these words the adviser ended his remarks and King Thomas looked thoughtfully at the ceiling and brooded. He was about to say something and looked at the place where this old man was standing, but he was no longer there. He looked around, smiled and suspected that he had just had a personal Christmas experience.
Finally King Thomas said: "Tell everyone: Merry Christmas! Never forget what this festival is supposed to remind us of, otherwise we will be lost in the hustle and bustle of the times."

(Published on 12/24/2021 on Uceria in the chat of the guild Unaufhaltsam)

ajja

Farmer
It's been a long time. I was a member of the skydiving club. The Christmas tradition was a climb to the Mother of God mountain.
It is located in a protected landscape called Slovak Paradise, where you can find many famous beauties of nature. However, this mountain is not very well known.
Morning 31.12. we walked to the top of the mountain. From the top is a beautiful view of the countryside. Birds of prey circle above the horizon. Everything is warmed by the sun's rays. There are clouds in the valleys. Only hear the rustling of the wind. Only walk on the marked sidewalk, because in some places you will fall into the snowdrift to the waist. You can find wolf tracks here, or see deer or deer. It is necessary to return to the darkness, because the wind is really stinging and the forest is full of dangers.
It's worth the effort to meet people you love in a magical place.
MatkaBozia860m.PNG

CrazyMary

Farmer
The Day I Heard Angels Sing

The event of where and how my tradition began is unforgettable because it was connected to the first time I ever heard angels singing and also blessed and gifted with an unforgettable and fantastic journey to a place unimaginable, rarely seen or experienced by humankind. It was a very wondrous day.

The wheels began to turn a few days before the Christmas when I was around seven or eight years of age. My family lived in a city sectored by ethnicities or race, as many cites were at the time, the sector an area my parents began and I born into was filled with migrants from the southern regions, descendants of slaves, all hoping to escape the drudgery, social conditions and the harsh treatment they received in the south. Many were also enticed by newly opened and advertised opportunities as well as the false promises they heard an their imagined hope for better lives discussed and yearned for among themselves . Certainly and regardless better, they were hoping, than the people and places they sought to escape.

Among the lot were many poor and undereducated people, if any formal education at all, as well as those better situated. It was also the place I first encountered the angels and learned of the spirit of giving. My adventure began with a neighbor, Sandra, whom I occasionally played and the catalyst of my fantastic journey.

A little on Sandra's circumstances. Her family was very poor and struggling. No father in the home , four other siblings, all with different daddies and all of those daddies, were, seemingly, absent. The mother was very beautiful, not well educated and all of her children were very pleasing to the eye, except Sandra who was treated very harshly and cruelly; although, never sure of why, I did wonder if it was because she wasn't as pretty as the others, certainly appeared so. I always felt sorry for her and sympathized greatly regarding her treatment having observed her mother's open rejection and bitterness towards her compared to the kindness shown the others.

She and I were playing two days before Christmas, I was excited and joyfully sharing my expected and desired gifts, at one point, exhausted from bragging, asked her what she was getting. She, sorrowfully, shamefully, lowered head, eyes downcast, excruciating pain on her face that filled and sucked the joy out of my soul, for a moment, all the more, when she sadly replied, with a soft mournfully heartbreaking sigh, "probably nothing," my heart was gutted. Wow, I thought and stopped bragging and rambling about all the great stuff I was getting, it felt so wrong to continue, even at my young age.

Inside I was silently happy her mother was nothing like my own parents, certainly not my mother. I looked at her smiling in sympathy, while feeling very sad for her, I suddenly told her, she could always come over and play with me and my toys anytime. She smiled back in thanks with grateful eyes. We moved on with something else, as kids do, until she had to go home. After she left, I began to ponder her circumstances, while trying to imagine living or being in her situation.

I did my best to ignore the thought of actually giving her one of my own presents to lift her up, mainly, because Christmas was the foremost time, my dad was extra generous with his spending. He was generally scrooge like with his money, some say wise, I thought otherwise, so wanted to hold on to ALL of my new stuff to come and my old stuff as well.

I must have dozed off, although still troubled and conflicted regarding Sandra's situation when, suddenly, like a rush of wind, I was surrounded by and within a force field of brightness and light . I was filled with awe by the comfort that engulfed and embraced me. There are no words to explain or describe the beauty of it.

While basking in the pureness and warmth of the glory encompassing my very being, I suddenly began hearing music coming from a distance. , The closer we came the more distinct. The sounds were unlike anything ever heard or imagined, beautiful sounds, out of this world sounds. The music, I was hearing, were sounds glorifying one greatly honored, greatly loved and greatly admired. I was astounded and perhaps had become a bit fearful, hard to explain because it wasn't frightful, just new and overwhelming somehow... TOO beautiful for human ears.

The forces driving the journey, obviously aware, suddenly stopped their forward motion, having perceived, I wasn't quite ready for more. As such, the course changed, gently and very lovingly they began returning me towards earthly realms . On the return trip they opened my heart to Sandra's heart and needs and I truly felt her deep pain, as she did, then they whispered in my ear, my very heart and soul, "love her, that's our Father's wish." I smiled and quickly fell fast asleep, at peace in Spirit.

After waking and contemplating my journey, I gained much understanding of what Christmas and the birth of Christ truly represented. It was about loving others, comforting and giving joy as one would desire even for themselves under the same circumstances.

It was also the 1st Christmas and the birth of my tradition of giving when I gave away a new and cherished toy to someone in need and placed myself to the side.. The joy on Sandra's face was much greater than a toy, I'd soon forget. Seeing her joy was MY gift from the angels and also why I maintain the tradition of giving LOVE and having an open heart towards others as led by the lessons in the light and my first flight with angels, not only at Christmas but everyday of my life.

Last edited:

CrazyMary

Farmer
Late or not, my story... Server time and date confusion. Oh well... live and learn. - Scramble Brained, Mary ‍

A day late and a dollar short.

Last edited:

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Thank you all for participating! Your stories were lovely to read and I enjoyed it. Thank you for that.
Since we only have 4 valid posts, I decided to include @CrazyMary's Story too.
This means, that all 5 stories will get the prizes. Congratulations!
I will write you a message asking for your address to send the items to.

I wish you all a happy new year!

Status
Not open for further replies.