• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Settlements, Do you want a new one?

Dessire

Regent
Why yes? why no?

In my case, I can not decide.

I really hate the fact that I must login every 1 hour for months in order to complete the settlement on time (because producing coins every 1 hour gives you better chances to finish on time) but I also like the buildings when they give you a lot of FPs, and with a lot of FPs I mean like 1 fp/1square or + (like the mughal one which gives you 30FP, with BGalaxy at 91= an average of 54 fps in 16 squares).

Settlements are not funny, are tedious and the only reason why we do them is for the rewards and even sometimes the rewards are not enough good to even think about to them! but at the end, most active players do them at the end.

Would you like a new one? do you think we are fine with all the settlements we have?
If you want a new one, which one? (in my case, easter island themed!)

(deep in my heart and soul, I do not want more settlements, please do not put more in the game, Innogames! :'c )

Praeceptor

Marquis
I've skipped Egypt and Mughal because the prizes don't give me anything I'm interested in. I never bother with the timed prizes anyway - far too much of a chore to do along with all the other other chores in the game.

I'm with you on this Dessire. I'm tired of settlements so I'd be happy to see them dropped. The only thing I would like is the ability to turn off the exclamation mark - what I do now is start a settlement, but don't build anything and just collect the daily from the main building to get rid of it.

Last edited:

nice2haveu

Baronet
Only thing myself not like in the settlement is, after completing any one the of the settlement, gives default choice of forge points. So many days effort, rewarded like beggar. If they change that, will get more happy. If new settlement also gives same level of rewards on forge points, it's better not to support or encourage on getting implemented.

Ironrooster

Baronet
I don't worry about the time rewards - it's a side building and not really that special. Some I get gold on, some I don't get anything, others in between.
The main building I play it when I can, eventually it gets done.

As for additional settlements, why not. You don't have to play them. Currently, I am only playing settlements on 2 of my 5 worlds due to the time they require. I have no problem ignoring the alerts on worlds I am not playing them.

A nice theme might be with railroads in the 1800's. For rewards it could a building that boosts city defenses or provides blueprints.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'd be happy to never see another new settlement. But I think that's unrealistic - so I just hope that mughal was enough of a flop that they worry about the fun of them more in the future rather than seeking to simply force activity.

Egypt isn't too bad. The others... while I won't claim logging in every hour required for gold, collecting every 4 hours at the start is heavily incentivized and I hate that :p

Yekk

Viceroy
This game is suppose to be a set of puzzles. The last settlement, Mughal, was so poorly designed (how to complete, faulty use of history) that few players attempt it anymore. Until the designers get smarter I will stick with the older settlements.

Mitos

Squire
only if it is not crap like last one
otherwise i will keep mining Egypt for obelisk (it also crap, but at least >1%/tile)

angelgail

Baronet
Why yes? why no?

In my case, I can not decide.

I really hate the fact that I must login every 1 hour for months in order to complete the settlement on time (because producing coins every 1 hour gives you better chances to finish on time) but I also like the buildings when they give you a lot of FPs, and with a lot of FPs I mean like 1 fp/1square or + (like the mughal one which gives you 30FP, with BGalaxy at 91= an average of 54 fps in 16 squares).

Settlements are not funny, are tedious and the only reason why we do them is for the rewards and even sometimes the rewards are not enough good to even think about to them! but at the end, most active players do them at the end.

Would you like a new one? do you think we are fine with all the settlements we have?
If you want a new one, which one? (in my case, easter island themed!)

(deep in my heart and soul, I do not want more settlements, please do not put more in the game, Innogames! :'c )
i like all of them but Moghul one sorry

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I would still like a few more settlements until all areas of the world are represented properly. The stand is now:

Africa - 0
North America - 0
Oceania - 0
Latin America - 1 (Aztecs)
Europe - 1 (Vikings)
Middle East - 1, Egypt?
Asia - 2 (Feudal Japan & Mughal empire)

I just really hope that they'll besides adding the missing 3 parts of the world making an better and more fair settlement then Mughal empire. As criticism about how much of not fun the gameplay was is reacted with an offended attitude as it's not the game's fault it's no fun but the players lack of understanding what is fun. Still that settlement must be rebalanced, imho.
As for the missing parts of the world there's plenty ideas brought up and interesting new mechanics gameplay wise.

Regarding more settlements in general. I feel like settlements are the only universally equally challenging part of the game left. No matter how advanced you are the challenges remain the same. For that reason and their uniquely more interesting gameplay compared to space colonies, I appreciate them for that reason and would love to see a few more to choose from.
I appreciate specially the first 3 (Vikings, Egypt and Japan). What came after is imo designed to force players into playing in a way the dev team wants to require us playing through them rather then finding our own way.

Noname 5.0

Steward
Mughal was a disappointment for me, It took too long to collect all the necessary elements to advance to any of the goods buildings. Having to build collect enough items just to have to sell them over n over was not my idea of fun.
Egypt is IMO the best one.
As long as they create a settlement that is not as time consuming as Mughal . ( it’s also the only one I grew so tired of I didn’t even try and finish) Im all for a new settlement.

Pachom

Farmer
A nice theme might be with railroads in the 1800's. For rewards it could a building that boosts city defenses or provides blueprints.
That is a great idea! I do like the settlements, and I think, a greater variety is always wellcome. And everyone chooses individualy.

CrashBoom

Legend
it is time to start a new one on beta

I am on my 8th in Mughal on live

so I am finished with all 10 before the next settlement will be avaiable