• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Server clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighthouse197

Farmer
Pathfinder
Reason
Playing on the beta server, I find it difficult to continually adjust for the time difference, and try to figure out when something is going to happen. Having a server clock that is set to server time would enable me to check the time while I am looking at messages etc. and keep up with the game. Could also be incorporated into the other servers such as the US server as people play in multiple time zones.
Details
Add clock into the bar at top. Clock to be set at whatever time zone that particular server is set to so players can tell when something is going to happen.
Balance
no effect that I can tell, other than making it easier to know server time
Abuse Prevention
no abuse I can think of
Summary
Should be an easy addition, and take nothing from the game.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Checked the DSNL list, cannot find anything on the previous submissions.
Add a server clock to the top bar of the game page, in the area of the Age and FP Balance.

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.
Why not just have the displayed time set to your time zone? It doesn't change anything, just the displayed time to the user is altered. Almost every website allows you to set your time zone, why not FOE?

I aint in europe and I aint on EST, theres no server on this game that displays my PST time zone.

Lighthouse197

Farmer
Pathfinder
With a clock set to server time, you can easily know when something that is based on server time is going to happen. You can also easily compare to chat threads to know if something is current or hours old. The clock on my computer tells me what time it is here, I don' want to have to calculate and try to figure out the time difference every time I look at someone else's comments.

Emberguard

Emperor
That's a countdown clock, not a time clock.
It’s a time clock if you know where to look

unknown.png

unknown.png

Top bar would be more convenient, but we do have it visible in Daily Challenges

Emberguard

Emperor
Displaying in the townhall popup overview makes sense instead of daily challenge.
No poll to give my vote for this.
I agree Town Hall would make sense. My point is not what makes sense, but rather that it already exists in the game via Daily Challenges. It’s in there because you can change what time the Daily Challenges start, and it’s based on server time. Therefore it tells you current time so you know what time you’re adjusting to for your starting time

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
I agree Town Hall would make sense. My point is not what makes sense, but rather that it already exists in the game via Daily Challenges. It’s in there because you can change what time the Daily Challenges start, and it’s based on server time. Therefore it tells you current time so you know what time you’re adjusting to for your starting time
You got me straight to the point. Sorry my bad. Server time is useful in daily challenge very much. Cannot say "instead of". It should be added in main screen or townhall too.

Status
Not open for further replies.