• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler Savings Jar - University

nice2haveu

Baronet
The name "Savings Jar" seems to hint to either you can bank or dump certain resources here.
The rewards UI kind of remind me of the reindeer/elf scheme
Resources? I was thinking like advanced version of piggy bank to gather real money from players instead of diamonds(summer event).

Expecting something like forge point collector to deal with research the technology like reserving pecific technology with required amount of forge points time to time, since players sometimes crossed above 100+ limit and that time using the collector will be very useful. But INNO really comes to that level of taking care is a unbelievable thing and I will keep this as my own dream.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I too expect it to be a piggy bank - another common mobile monetization feature. Through free activity you accumulate the size of it, and then you can buy it with $$$. They're not done trying to suck more blood out from this stone :p

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I'm thinking this might be going back to the Event Hub? It seems like it will be an emissary-style boost slot thingy where you can swap them in and out, but you have to pay to a certain threshold to unlock them? There is a premium track, so at least there's something free to play, but it's probably a safe bet assuming it has something to do with monetization considering how all the recent features are trending that way.

Or some sort of mix between Castle System and Event Hub? The progress bar is about the right size.

Or maybe saving up for techs/age up?

I actually suggested being able to better put in FP for the techs a while back and when I jumped recently I was pleased that we could pretty much almost instantly research any tech with a couple clicks rather than going back and forth adding 10FP packs to the bar 100 at a time.

I'm thinking this might be going back to the Event Hub?
Maybe the new attempt on perks

i doubt itll be a new iteration of those.

perks was a temporary buff thing, as was the event hub.

„university“ and „research“ point to permanent boosts.

i personally hope it would be this one, see spoiler (or a guild version of it), but it wont be, thats for sure. but still, it would be cool:

Suggestion 2: The technology center

This shiny would be end game content. It could be a massive dia sink because people would need to buy a plethora of blueprints (200 dias each) if they cant wait upgrading the tech center.

Regardless, It would be an upgradeable structure at the edge of the city (much like the castle-system) yet it would be something completely different.

In order to upgrade it to Tier 1, a player must

- own a complete set of 9 blueprints for every GB in existence (no exceptions, he must have each set of blueprints complete)

- have goods from every existing age

- have a certain amount of forge points

If a player matches this requirement, a red button would appear above the structure, and when hes pressing it, his sets of each GB’s blueprints and the goods from each era and the forge points would be consumed and then combined into the Tier 1 Technology Center.

Once the technology center has appeared, it can be upgraded to higher tiers, the requirement for the next tier would then be:

- FOUR full sets of BP’s for every existing GB
- even more goods from every age
- even more forgepoints

The third level would require:

- EIGHt full sets of BP’s for every existing GB
- even more goods from every age
- even more forgepoints

And so on and so on. You could level the technology center infinitely, with ever more requirements. The only cap are the (maybe exponentially) increasing amounts of blueprints, and the ever increasing other ressources.

Maybe if a player is missing goods from
various ages they could also be bought with dias?

What would be the stats of the tech center?

The technology center could reward alot of different things, though one had to divide the rewards into categories:

- the good old stuff such as attack / defend boosts and what not

- new things that aint covered by GB‘s, such as 1% up to 20% reduction to FP costs for GB‘s, that could come handy when one levels a very high GB

(ok for that the GB calculators need to have a new line being added to them where one can put up the level of their technology center, and i just came up with this as an example of what could be done)

- or head onto a completely new path and make the rewards pure cosmetic. every couple of levels the technology center would unlock a cosmetic.

- Or mix category 1 and 2 and on top of it, every level unlocks a chance to obtain a cosmetic:

uncommon / rare / epic skin for the tavern

uncommon / rare / epic skin for the merchant

Uncommon / rare / epic Skin for the Expedition Ship

jungle skin / desert skin / mountaneous skin / fiery skin / astro skin for the landscape that is surrounding the city

another possible reward could be (as a secondary or third passive reward): an elite unit, which is a slightly stronger version of the players age units.

Inno could name it

Elite-*insert name of the normal unit from the age of the player*

and give it a different color, to minimize the effort needed to realize it, because every age needed its own elite units.

The alcatraz would not affect the technology center. There would be no daily output of elite units. It would rather work like a casern, where you can unlock a certain amount of slots, and when a player produces an elite unit they could choose which one (heavy or light infantry, sniper, artillery or tank). If an elite unit dies, one has to produce a new (the time to produce one would be several hours up to a day). Elite units cannot be manually healed or restored with diamonds. They can only heal over time.

every 3 levels the technology center would unlock an additional slot.

how would it look like? I dont know, but maybe it could be designed similar to the castle system. Each tier it would look more epic.

/edit: together with the starship concept and other - yet to be thought out - shinies Inno could make sure to sell massive amounts of dias in the future and at the same time keep the crowd happy, and also at the same time not having to nerf anything at all.

At least in my opinion.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I still suspect the remastered perks. Considering various levels and buffs. Perhaps this time around perks will be permanent. They also started technically at a lvl0 with no active buff. Though where caped at lvl3, as where here the cap is higher. Also shared UI make me suspecting it

Xocolatl

Farmer
Sounds a lot like the Magic(al?) Academy from Elvenar. There you can create boosts and other stuff (including buildings) by using goods and special magical thingys that you can create in the Academy (using goods) or by selling other stuff.

Legendary Kata

Merchant
This feature is reminding me of the new Cauldron feature from Elvenar. Keep in mind Elvenar and FoE are basically the same game but have different textures. Majority of the game mechanics of Elvenar are based off of FoE's code and even now events are rip-off to the original.

Long story short the Cauldron is where you donate coins/supplies/goods/diamonds to get these points and you use the points to spend them on ingredients. You experiment with them and certain ingredients give you certain boost (coin boost, goods boost, recruitment boost and all. <- rly good for Elvenar but do expect this to change for FoE).

The boost is not guaranteed there is a success rate and critical rate tied to it which is where experimenting with the ingredients comes into play to give you the best rate of success/critical boost.

Hope that gives a rough idea what we can expect from this feature, it's even called University which only solidifies to whatever I just said.

CrashBoom

Legend
Infosceeen texts were found by @Devilsangel
so it is

* not for endgamers: because they can't research anything (or only a few dead end technologies)
During the Forge Scholarship event you'll gain scholarship progress with every completed research!

* a premium feature to spend money (or at least diamonds)
Once you've unlocked a scholarship, purchasing it will give you access to its exclusive rewards.

:mad:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
so it is

* not for endgamers: because they can't research anything (or only a few dead end technologies)

* a premium feature to spend money (or at least diamonds)

:mad:
Might be just research contained within the academy, rather than regular research. So, might give acces to an additional tech tree. It's also mentioning it's an "event" so, might be "just" a new event in which the "minigame" is researching. Though I might interpret the word "event" wrong in this instance. Cause it could be randomised events or events triggered by a certain milestone or achievement within the game. Like stumbling on a province or completing a certain regular research or completing X GE encounters or GbF advances.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I wonder when it'll come. I think an off grid university will look quite nice. Just speculation but I think it might be unlocked with the research "higher education." It's been some while since the first spoilers showed up.

I wonder when it'll come. I think an off grid university will look quite nice. Just speculation but I think it might be unlocked with the research "higher education." It's been some while since the first spoilers showed up.

It would also be nice to open a secondary research tree only focused on scientific discoveries and teachings in the most variable areas of knowledge.

EDIT: And that these researches can give a little more value in fps, units, decrease the collection of the city. It wouldn't have to be much, it would be like the emissaries only that the effect would be on buildings and gbs.

Last edited: