• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion RNGs and Tasks

Thunderdome

Emperor
Well, I hate it when I open my mouth about something and later it became true. I don't even know if I want to class this as a bug or not since it made me spend 100 diamonds until I got a task I want to engage with in order to complete my daily. Pictured, I was trying to skip the task of defeating a large army to see what the hub bub was all about (as there was a bug report on certain tasks not being able to be skipped). So, for s***s and giggles, I skipped the task and it gave me another task I didn't want, either. So, off I went and did it again and it revert back to the first task that I had skipped. Luckily for me, I had my mouse over where it said "Exchanged tasks would not appear again on the same day". So, why did this same task came back, I wonder. So, off again I went and skip it and got the same task that I didn't want that I had exchanged the first task for. After 150 diamonds spent going back and forth seven (1 free and 6 diamond) times, I was going to try and get a bug report going that I went and hit the 25 diamonds again and it gave me a quest that I can do.

So, my big question to Inno, are you lying on what you said (in the picture) or is this thing really broken? If for the latter, then I will go about making it a bug report.

Peace!

Attachments

• 001.png
    001.png
    685.2 KB · Views: 47

Devilsangel

Baronet
Are you absolutely sure that the size of the army was the same in both cases? Not "this large army" and "this very large army" that would be considered different tasks

Thunderdome

Emperor
Are you absolutely sure that the size of the army was the same in both cases? Not "this large army" and "this very large army" that would be considered different tasks
Oh I am quite sure it was the same text, verbatum, on both pictured and its supposed replacement. Just the other day I had talked about the possibility of getting the same quest when you skip the task with another forum member/player. I was going to get its replacement as a picture when I spent enough to see if it was true and then it gave me something else instead (one that I want to do).

File a bug report, then file a support ticket asking for your diamonds back from the repeats. That's what I'd do.
Oh the 100-150 diamonds is just small to me, in comparison, so I am not worried on that. However, I was merely striking up a discussion to see if other players who are able to skip a task (since there's a bug report out there already detailing on the possibility of not skipping certain tasks - could be related, I don't know) to see if this had happened to them as well since we all know Inno's little RNG system is not the best.

My biggest poke happens to be where it said that it should not have the same quest within the same day.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Finkadel it gain get stranger; at Beta I don't have the feature at live I have. The only differences between the two is one is in SAJM, the other at the doorsteps of VF. Not sure what made the live one blessed and the Beta nog. Guess random selection.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I can't help you with that, I am not amongst those privileged ones who can skip daily tasks... I always wonder, though, what triggers that. I guess, due to Innos "transparency" policy lately, I will stay not enlightened...
This takes me back to my BASIC days where I had to program an arithmetic sheet where no two problems should be the same and no sheet should be the same (so kids won't copy off one another if tested). Careful thinking, planning, and a series of IF..THEN statements is what got me the glittering prize for a project that no kid programmer had done (others were doing graphics and animation).

For them (Inno) to have certain quests that are not enabled to be skipped tells a cross into the IF..THEN statements (or whatever terms used for their current programming) that has IF..THEN of one task crossing over into the IF..THEN of one or more without an end break between them. That's my theory.

If it was me to program the dailies, I would have made a task list in some sort of database to be called on along with progress. Then I would see if a daily task would be 3, 4, or 5 tasks at random for that day. I will program proper IF..THEN type statements to generate a task list within such a section by calling the appropriate number of tasks as A1, A2, A3 for a 3 task daily, B1, B2, B3, B4 for a 4 task daily, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5 for a 5 task daily (the different sheets process) as well as R1, R2, R3, R4, R5 is set for the buttons (later in this) that will be clicked on to refresh (or skip) the task (where the latter two shown or hidden from view as appropriate).

Each task would be generated at random and checked (using a 3 task daily as an example) so that A1 does not equal A2 or A3, A2 does not A1 or A3, and A3 does not equal A1 or A2. If any equals the other then it should generate a new task to replace the one that is duplicate until that condition is met.

A button is programed next to the task so it gives the user to "skip" the task on the appropriate task line (R1 for the first task, R2 for the second task, and so forth). This will call the tasks for the number (such as A1 for the 3 task daily) a task is on. It will regenerate a new task that checks against others to ensure it is not duplicate. Also, it would check against to see if any previous task skipped won't appear when skipping.

Only then when a button cannot be skipped is when the person clicked enough to reach to the end of the list that the final task of that set will still be in view and the other buttons will disappear. An example can be where Inno programmed 30 tasks, and that player skipped (free and diamond use) one task to get to the end of the list. You would think that you have 30 clicks to go about it, but you don't... why? Because, it's 30 max tasks that are programmed into the routine, 3 to 5 are used (so if you have a 4 or 5 task day it's shorter by 1 or 2 more) for the initial set up. So basically, you got 27 more tasks to bring out into the open (on a 3 task daily) before the buttons disappear and you're maxed out.

Oh, I am just a BASIC person. I fell out of the programming loop decades ago when I had my calling for being a network and telephone cable technician that gets me out in the field (no cube prison for this gent).

Finkadel

Marquis
I hope it is just my basic lack of English that made me not to understand your post... :D :D :D

I know hardly anything about programming and, as I said before, I have no option to switch daily tasks available, so I will just assume you'd got the point ;)

Thunderdome

Emperor
I hope it is just my basic lack of English that made me not to understand your post... :D :D :D

I know hardly anything about programming and, as I said before, I have no option to switch daily tasks available, so I will just assume you'd got the point ;)
Oh I understood you very well, mate. No worries. Just stating a few theories I had in mind when it comes to Inno's little "magic" and "transparency" along with some kind of method this could have been accomplished.

Sebien

Farmer

Honestly I have it, and I think a lot of tasks are trickier since then...
Yes, I can skip them, but before there were only 2 or 3 tasks that I wasn't able to complete, now it's a lot more.

For instance, I never saw a task wih "gather 6000 tavern silver" before. The most I had was 4500....
And it's not due to my progress in the ages, I'm in SAV on my main world, and I never saw it there.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
"gather 6000 tavern silver"
Emptying your tavern full 4.5 times is a challenge that first requires you to create a list of 74 reliable friends.
Admittedly, it is not easy but by tackling it daily you will get there.
I'm not saying this for you, but do you visit your friends' taverns daily. If not, no need to look any further, one should show respect to one's friends before asking them the same in return.
I see so many crying on the FR forum about the difficulty of this challenge and yet with 140 friends, while I daily empty my tavern 6 times a day with only 98 friends.
The biggest problem, again without aiming at anyone, is that many confuse "daily challenge" with "automatic validation".
I don't care as much for those complaining about the "do 55 5-minute productions" challenge not having enough room available to lay blacksmiths or not having special buildings that can fulfill this quest.

Last edited:

Sebien

Farmer
I didn't say it's not doable, I just said it's trickier than before.
This one was just a concrete sample.
But of course as we have now the possibility to change the tasks, it seems correct to rebalance it a little.
And I'm not complaining ;-)