• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Rival Quest asks to complete Antique Dealer task in Iron Age

e2m2

Squire
Troubleshooting
Yes, tried reloading browser, tried different browser.
  • Browser and Version: Chrome on PC, Version 121.0.6167.185
  • Overview of the bug: Rival Quest asks to exchange items in Antique Dealer for Iron Age players and there is no alternative.
  • Screenshots: n/a
  • How often this occurs: Always
  • Urgency: Urgent - can't complete Rival Quest which is only active for 48 hours.
  • Preventative Actions: N/A
  • Summary: Rival Quest asks to exchange items in Antique Dealer for Iron Age players and there is no alternative. Please provide alternative task for Iron Age players.

I hope this is just an oversight and not by design. In the past quests/tasks requiring AD activity in Iron Age always had an alternative since AD is not unlocked until later age.

1dK8BB0.jpg

Browser or App version and version number
Chrome on PC, Version 121.0.6167.185
Recreation steps
Rival Quest asks to exchange items in Antique Dealer for Iron Age players and there is no alternative.
Actual Behavior
No alternative task is provided.
Expected Behavior
Provide alternative tasks for Iron Age players.
Frequency
Always
Can this be reproduced?
Yes
Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
this is just part of the challenge - get to the AD before the challenge ends :p
tasks requiring AD activity in Iron Age always had an alternative
nope - they did not
When these kind of tasks were first introduced, they did not have an alternative and some players could not play the regular event.

IIRC this was changed only with the next event or the one after that.

If they really add an OR condition, it should be quite difficult (finish 8h productions maybe) or expensive.

e2m2

Squire
IIRC this was changed only with the next event or the one after that.
I've been playing in IA on one of my worlds for 2+ years and there was always an alternate task for AD.

this is just part of the challenge -
If it is, so be it, but that's a bit of a dangerous precedent, IMO. How high will this go? Next thing you know, you'll be required to be in SAT in order to complete a challenge. :)

Last edited:

Caprea

Merchant
I would have to go from Iron Age to High Middle Ages to get the Antique Dealer. That is just not feasible in two days.
I understand, you want to give incentives to go further into research, but demanding to do two ages in two days is just too much.

(well, to be honest, I am not sure to be able to reach those quests, but it is demotivating to know from the beginning to be unable to do all)

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I would have to go from Iron Age to High Middle Ages to get the Antique Dealer. That is just not feasible in two days.
I understand, you want to give incentives to go further into research, but demanding to do two ages in two days is just too much.

(well, to be honest, I am not sure to be able to reach those quests, but it is demotivating to know from the beginning to be unable to do all)
AD is available within 3 techs of the early middle ages (unless you are part of an A/B test)

Do not offend "small nations"!
be a proud "small nation" and live with your decision - and do not get offended by things not intended to be offending :p

Caprea

Merchant
AD is available within 3 techs of the early middle ages (unless you are part of an A/B test)

be a proud "small nation" and live with your decision - and do not get offended by things not intended to be offending :p
well, the ruin of the dealer in my cities says Crossbows, High Middle Ages.
I also have the settlement not in Iron age but in Early Middle Ages
and yes, those is an A/B test, because it is different, even for players who started on the same day this January

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
in that case it would indeed be quite a challenge... I thought the A/B test for the "era speed up" was finished already... it seems to be running for ages now already.