• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Implemented Right color to army boost

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser7514

Reason
Improve understanding of the boost
Details
Apply the same color to the 4 military boosts
Balance
Best visual impact
Abuse Prevention
No cheating
Summary
Same boost = same color
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
yes
-

Last edited by a moderator:
This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Yeah - I already heard the suggestion to make the icons more consistent somewhere before - might have been on the german forums.

Like doing red sword and shield for attack and blue sword and shield for defense.

But there also is the blue shield and sword for TA - which is not only for defense... so that would also have to get changed (violet maybe?)

Sl8yer

Regent
You are forgetting the advanced tactics.

Since the boosts are build up from different colors changing it from one color to another does not change a thing.
Right now, attack in defence comes from grey, blue and lightblue and is shown in white. How will changing that to another color help you understand it better?

ZENA

Marquis
yes i agree to get the colours the same. it give u a better way of planing and set up of bldgs in yr city. All of us is not old time players there is alot of new players to the game and this will help them aswell.

You are forgetting the advanced tactics.

Since the boosts are build up from different colors changing it from one color to another does not change a thing.
Right now, attack in defence comes from grey, blue and lightblue and is shown in white. How will changing that to another color help you understand it better?

u can understand it better as attaking army defending defence boost and city defending army boost. is diffrent and the coulour do show u the diffrence

Sl8yer

Regent
u can understand it better as attaking army defending defence boost and city defending army boost. is diffrent and the coulour do show u the diffrence

Fact that they are listed seperate does not help you understand they are not the same?

Takethat

Merchant
Yeah - I already heard the suggestion to make the icons more consistent somewhere before - might have been on the german forums.

Like doing red sword and shield for attack and blue sword and shield for defense.

But there also is the blue shield and sword for TA - which is not only for defense... so that would also have to get changed (violet maybe?)

This has been suggested and voted on the French forum fairly recently for sure.
And having received a solid majority of positive feedback it has now been forwarded to the devs.
Red shield and sword for the attack army and blue for the defense and I personally voted for violet among the different colors suggested for the Terracotta bonus, since it gives bonuses to both stats.

Emberguard

Emperor
Right now the problem comes from the Great Buildings having a different set of icons and colours from event buildings. It was consistent enough originally to be fairly clear on what it’s boosting. Now with the addition of other icons it needs clarity. Aligning the colours on the town hall may help with that somewhat. Changing the TA symbol in some way would also help. I like the purple symbol idea for TA

Thunderdome

Emperor
Hmm, colors are always good. For now, I have seen red for attacker values and blue for defender values when it comes to certain buildings.

Emberguard

Emperor
Hmm, colors are always good. For now, I have seen red for attacker values and blue for defender values when it comes to certain buildings.
Yeah for event buildings only. But that's still in addition to the original white values we see in the other half of event buildings and all GBs aside from TA.

If everything was changed to red = attacker boosts, blue = defender boosts, purple = both, white = only works in GvG boosts across all areas then it'd be much, much clearer

Status
Not open for further replies.