• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

retrieve goods from guild treasury

• Thread starter wouter.lemahieu
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Hello everybody,

Is it possible to retrieve goods from the guild treasury, and if so, what kind of rights do you have to own?

What happends to the goods in the treasury if a guilds breaks up?

greetings

Wouter

DeletedUser4846

I've seen no way to retrieve goods from the guild treasury, I'd imagin that's to avoid people "pushing" goods to one player or someone "stealing" all the goods. There would be some reason to it.

Not sure what would happen if a guild breaks up, I'd expect them to just disappear. The goods donated belong to the guild as an entity, and thus no longer property of any one player. If the entity doesn't exist then nothing it owns would either. Like most things in GvG, players don't get anything back individually if a guild falls appart.

Someone else might be able to answer the guild break up effects better if they have been through one.

DeletedUser1264

It would be good if someone in the guild had the right to trade goods. It's painful to see the piles of donations from eras that are perfectly useless to the guild, donated because people didn't understand how the treasury works.

DeletedUser

I saw that players donating to the wrong age was going to be an issue within the first few seconds of seeing the new gvg treasury feature. On my EN worlds with 1.21 update i sent guildwides for the first few days making sure everyone knew not to donate to the ages we aren't fighting in. Either a trading system should be set up so that a player with the correct rights can put up trades with treasury goods(the goods would come out of and go into the guild treasury). The other option which is how i would have designed it in the first place is to either not allow donations of goods to ages a guild has no sectors in, or better yet allow the guild leaders to lock/unlock each good in the treasury so players can only donate the good types which have been unlocked. Also would be great if there was a feature where the leaders would post target amounts right in the treasury so players knew how much of each good was needed.

My guild here now likely has over 2,000 goods in ages we aren't fighting in, including about 300-400 BA goods in the treasury. Nothing like players finding out their goods have been completely wasted to discourage even more players from taking part in gvg.

DeletedUser

@fischh, your Guild Treasury cannot hold BA because is not possible to donate goods from Bronze Age

Before they fixed that major oversight 174 stone, 163 lumber, 64 marble, 75 dye, and 50 wine was already donated. I donated 1 stone just to see if it would let me on day one. We now have 1300 Iron Age goods in our treasury, an age we don't even fight in.

conqueror9

Regent
retrieve goods from guild treasure !!! ???

that will partially break the function of MARKET

please do not do that !!

player just use "Guild Treasure" to transfer goods between players and guild.... that will a Terrible diaster

Regarding the excess goods in Guild Treasure
i would rather recommend to game developer

develop the game further to have "Guild Territory Area"
where guild leader ( possible guild leader only ) can use goods and coins and supplies to build a "Guild -features" buildings which is different from "player-featues" buildings

DeletedUser

@conqueror9

Been involved in a long discussion on this issue on another server. What we came up with is a leader or another player with appropriate rights would be able to offer/accept trades on the market on behalf of the gvg treasury. They would go into the market window for the treasury(not their own personal account) and be able to accept or offer trades in the market using the gvg treasury goods. The debate is over which other 'players' would appear in such a market. The options we came up with are:
a)only guild members
b)only other guild treasuries
c)both guild members and other guild treasury.

Option c could create some issues.

A proper gvg treasury events log would be of course be needed so guild members could be certain the leaders were not exploiting the gvg treasury goods for their own gains.

The simplest solution in my mind is still a feature which would allow leaders to lock out donations of individual goods to the gvg treasury. They would only unlock the donation option for the goods which were actually needed in gvg, to prevent unneeded goods from being donated in the first place.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
@conqueror9
... The simplest solution in my mind is still a feature which would allow leaders to lock out donations of individual goods to the gvg treasury. They would only unlock the donation option for the goods which were actually needed in gvg, to prevent unneeded goods from being donated in the first place.

To me as a FoE-player that sounds like a real good suggestion :)

DeletedUser2752

The devs do get to read our feedback, but they probably want to focus on what they think is important to the game first (which may or not be one of our suggestions).
Also note that Norma and me are only Forum Admins which does not give us direct access to the developers either.

conqueror9

Regent
@conqueror9

Been involved in a long discussion on this issue on another server. What we came up with is a leader or another player with appropriate rights would be able to offer/accept trades on the market on behalf of the gvg treasury. They would go into the market window for the treasury(not their own personal account) and be able to accept or offer trades in the market using the gvg treasury goods. The debate is over which other 'players' would appear in such a market. The options we came up with are:
a)only guild members
b)only other guild treasuries
c)both guild members and other guild treasury.

Option c could create some issues.

A proper gvg treasury events log would be of course be needed so guild members could be certain the leaders were not exploiting the gvg treasury goods for their own gains.

The simplest solution in my mind is still a feature which would allow leaders to lock out donations of individual goods to the gvg treasury. They would only unlock the donation option for the goods which were actually needed in gvg, to prevent unneeded goods from being donated in the first place.

I have no oppose to any improvement on games
my only concern are

1. our current market still functioning
2. Prevent some thief get in your guild and "retrieve all goods from guild treasures" and leave your guild ..... remember we are all clever player, clever player all tends to find a way to bypass somethings to get benefits.....
3. Keep the game "not-easy to play", player do not like easy game, they will lost interest to continue to play...give some difficulties... current, player seeking required goods from everywhere...if goods obtained super easy....then....
< not easy to play --- do not mean diffculty to play..maintain some difficulties ( channellge ) >

DeletedUser

I have no oppose to any improvement on games
my only concern are

1. our current market still functioning
2. Prevent some thief get in your guild and "retrieve all goods from guild treasures" and leave your guild ..... remember we are all clever player, clever player all tends to find a way to bypass somethings to get benefits.....
3. Keep the game "not-easy to play", player do not like easy game, they will lost interest to continue to play...give some difficulties... current, player seeking required goods from everywhere...if goods obtained super easy....then....
< not easy to play --- do not mean diffculty to play..maintain some difficulties ( channellge ) >

1)Should be no reason the current market would discontinue to function would just add a guilds own gvg treasury to the market
2)This comes down to having a proper GvG rights system, and if someone got in they would have to trade them away through unfair trades, they couldn't just go in and take them out.
3)Don't think this would making obtaining goods that much easier. Guilds would still have to make goods to trade. Currently some guilds do mass trades with each other for gvg. This will make it slightly easier as guilds could then collect them in the gvg treasury to do the trade, instead of having 1 player try to amass the goods through trades(usually unfair one) with guildmates to make the bulk deal.