• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Reset after Beta?

DeletedUser

Dear Community,

will be the game resetted after going public?

Regards

DeletedUser240

This is an exlusive preview, so I guess once the beta comes out it will be terminated but that's just my guess. ;)

DeletedUser

Yeah I concur .....seems it's usual practice once launch goes live for most beta testing although of course if it goes to an open beta with a total wipe / restart before going to open beta it may not do so after the open beta . Shame really as I'm doing quite well so far ;P but hey no worries either way.

But of course I don't really mind being here now is fun and may give those of us here a bit of a head start in knowing the ropes.

DeletedUser

hmm... unfortunately a reset would make kind of sense... but thinking about it takes all the fun out of playing the beta

DeletedUser

Probably not a bad thing, at least I'll know what I'm doing from the start next time... that's assuming I can work it out by then :)

DeletedUser

I think they'll only go for open beta until a couple of us managed to reach the high middle ages 'end' and conquered a decent patch of land.

I'm pretty sure they'll keep working on performance too, so I don't think an open beta is planned until March, so plenty time to waste some time here :p

DeletedUser

It seems logic to reset all, but, get we (because we play on the exclusive preview, also a key for the closed beta or not ? :)

DeletedUser

when Lagoonia went from close beta to open beta it was no need to subscribe again, so why should be in FoE diferent, whit exclusive preview or not, isn't it?

DeletedUser3

At this time we have no plans to reset this version (If we do, we will inform you about it in time.) of the game as this will continue being our beta, were we prefer players to be further in the game then other versions, so that we have had time to test later later ages. =) When we launch the proper Closed beta, it will be done on a new version. Like now you go to beta.forgeofempires.com and the big Closed beta Launch will happen on en.forgeofempires.com =)

DeletedUser734

So, now that you can purchase diamonds, if/when they reset the game what happens? If this is just going to be wiped out then why give us the option to purchase them?