• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Remove Negative (-xxxxx) Happiness in Buildings!

Thunderdome

Emperor
Reason
Every building obtained should be able to obtain some positive happiness instead of negative. Population determines the happiness reduction of any building.
Details
Negative happiness should not have been put in the first place. Population increase should be the determining factor in reducing happiness levels.
Balance
All players will benefit from this! Both spender and free player alike!
Abuse Prevention
There is no abuse to this; only satisfied players that will want to spend to get more event based buildings; equals more revenue for Inno.
Summary
Population increase should determine the happiness reduction; population decrease (by storing said building) should determine the happiness increase besides any other building/road built that provides happiness.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
There were talks of it in the feedback sections; however, no one has suggested it, yet.
Negative Happiness should not have been placed in the first place. It discourages new players because they have to put up with either a penalty should they decide to place the buildings in their city or just not place the buildings (skipping them) in their city. This also impact those who might have spent money for premium currency (aka diamonds) to obtain such event based buildings or for specials (silver or gold tiers) in event item collection (for example, the Winter Event rewards claim which features two buildings that have -xxxx happiness to them).

Players should be able to voice their reasons as to why or why this cannot be suggested in the posts that followed.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Douglas 221

Farmer
I disagree. I believe the event buildings which give a negative happiness is just one more piece of the puzzle. The game requires strategy. If we start removing all obstacles then what fun is it to play?
Population does effect happiness and I wouldnt mind if they added a building (beyond normal city buildings) which cost you population instead of provide.

Bellasaurus

Merchant
Negative Happiness should not have been placed in the first place. It discourages new players because they have to put up with either a penalty should they decide to place the buildings in their city or just not place the buildings (skipping them) in their city. This also impact those who might have spent money for premium currency (aka diamonds) to obtain such event based buildings or for specials (silver or gold tiers) in event item collection (for example, the Winter Event rewards claim which features two buildings that have -xxxx happiness to them).

Players should be able to voice their reasons as to why or why this cannot be suggested in the posts that follow.
No. It's part of the game.

CrashBoom

Legend
why should I care ?
I played for many years (in my main live world) with only 100% happiness

only because of many jester stages and other new event buildings I am now at enthusiastic

Last edited:
When I look at say the jumping pumpkin, it's negative happiness is age dependent, in IA its only like 200 smiles. Consider to do the repeat 24 hour task you only need 8 of these in SAT or 12 production buildings for events. The xmas building is limited to like one or a few, it's not something you can get a lot of to tank your smiles.

-Alin-

Emperor
Happiness is useless anyway, many people will not bother with 50% or 120%, all You get is 70% more coins and supplies, coins and supplies again are ultra simple to get nowadays and we get plenty of coins potions and supplies to boost them if needed.

So I'd take every building that decrease happiness if it gives me a lot of goods, stats and fps for a smaller footprint.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Heh heh, when someone asks on why there is negative happiness, we all can refer them to this thread. Myself, I wouldn't care in my established city as I got enough to go around (unless Inno decides to make buildings that give out severe sadness). However to the new player or those who have their happiness on a thread, there is always that one quest (event or other wise) that will ask to make their town folk enthusiastic (120%) that sometimes will have an either or attached or just by itself.