• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Remove halloween and archaeology event minigame please.

Dessire

Regent
I have 4 years playing FoE. most of the time I'm a free to play player. I always defended FoE when somebody complains about "you always must pay diamonds to get the new event building at max level, you always need space, the expansions are not enough. . ."

FoE has been a game "made" to let any player get anything without paying diamonds (most of the times), but this year, in this halloween event 2020 (live server), and for the first time, I wasn't able to earn more than 4 daily specials. I spent more than 4500 tickets, I completed two times the whole set of dolls, I spent 1000 diamonds in more tickets and I always bought the pack of 395 tickets. I focused only on open the pumkins but that wasn't enough. I, a player who never had a problem with events since I started in 2016, for the first time, I had a problem.

After asking to other players in my worlds, I discovered that most of the people wasn't able to get more than 7. imagine that you want to get an assylum at max level . . . I suppose that after spend 100k diamonds I would be able to get all the necessary kits to have the assylum at max level?

Even in one of the worst (for most players, not me) events , the st. patrick event I was able to enough rewards to get 2 sets at max level, in the last archaelogy event the game didn't give me anything until the last day. . . the last day gave me like 10 DS! undesirable but atleast it gave me 10! but this halloween event . . no. even for the football event I got 14 leukois tracks without paying diamond . . .and that event was one of the worst for many people too.

please Innogames, remove this crappy mechanic that doesn't allow players (most of them) get enough daily specials even if they spend tons of tickets and diamonds.

Emberguard

Emperor
On one world I got 8 daily specials, on another world I got 4. Neither world touched the dolls. I like the set up of the Archeology event as it requires strategy but wouldn't mind if Halloween had it's own unique game rather than just copying Archeology.

Emberguard

Emperor
On one world I got 8 daily specials, on another world I got 4. Neither world touched the dolls. I like the set up of the Archeology event as it requires strategy but wouldn't mind if Halloween had it's own unique game rather than just copying Archeology.
managed to get enough from dolls now to do another 395 pack on the world that had 4. Now got 8 daily specials on both worlds. Did a third world and got 10 daily specials

Ironically every year I’ve done this event I find the moment I get a little more reckless in tool spending from being confident I’ve got the main event building I do better

It may be at least in part we do better later on due to being a bit rusty and a shift in how we use the tools as we re-familirse with the game

CrashBoom

Legend
it sucks

spend 9975 diamonds to get only one daily special (8 in total so still one missing to get asylum to max) and still missing the last doll

Last edited by a moderator:

Dessire

Regent
list of events where I was , without spending diamonds, able to get enough DS to get max level buildings or enough DS to get any building that equires 9 or more upgrade kits:

-summer event 2019 = enough to get 2 ships at max level.
-summer event 2020= enough to get 1.5 crow's nest.
-forge bowl event 2020 = enough to get 2.2 colosus at max level.
-soccer event 2020 =14 leuoki tracks.
-winter event 2019 = enough to have 1.5 winter spires
-fall event 2020 = 9 DS
-spring event 2019 = enough to get 2 japanese garden set
-spring event 2020 = enough to get 2.2 pagodas
-halloween event 2019 = enough to get 1 assylum
-fall event 2019 = enough to get 2 cindermills at max level
-carnival event 2019 = 12 special prize.
-archaeology event 2020 = 9 DS (only gave me 1 DS the first day and at the end of the event I got 8 DS)

most of the events of 2016 to 2018 don't have buildings that requires a lot of DS to get the max level of a building but even in those events I was able to earn an average of 9 or 10 DS.

What I can say is , and I repeat it, is that this is the first event where I got a very low amount of DS and that , for me, and for a lot of players, IS NOT! a good signal. please Innogames, change the mechanic, change the minigame, or atleast increase the % we have for each pumpking to get a DS .

Matto1

Farmer
I got 5 AA kits on Beta and 5 AA kits on the one world I play on live servers. I didn't go for any other daily, only the AA kits when they showed up on day 1 and day 10 (Beta)/16 (live). I've done every quest so far, collected the daily login tickets, collect every incident in my cities, completed every toy quest I had, and got the tickets from the newsletter, yet I still only got 5 daily specials for the entire event. I've been playing on live servers for over 4 years, and with the exception of the Forge Bowl (twice) I've never come up short on dailies or event grand prizes. And while I had no issue getting the HoH (considering Inno released the same event from last year, and the HoH required 2 fewer upgrades to max than the AA, everyone had no problem with this one), the dailies were prctically non-existent in this event. I got 15 from the Archaeology event, compared to the 5 I got in this event. I couldn't care less about the dailies from that event either, this is the one I've been looking forward to for a year (I love the AA, my favorite event building so far). Getting only 1 daily for every 900-1000 tickets/tools is pretty pathetic. And most people I play with said they came up short too, even with diamonds spent. Some got lucky and finished off a second AA, but most didn't. Very disappointing.

I saved ALL of my tickets for the asylum, ended up with 7 kits and missing the rare dolls. There's literally no point in building it unless you can get it to max level, should be peeved there's no attack % earlier on in the building and not just lump summed at the end, then I might have built it, I might have bought diamonds to buy more tickets. That and there's no guarentee even if I did buy 1000 tickets that I'd finish the asylum, seems like a wasted opprotunity not to allow people to directly buy the special. A number of guildmates also were one or two kits short. I knew I wasn't going to get much from egypt, but on beta I was at least able to find all the dolls.

With the xmas event at least you could get 1 prize per ~100 tickets.

Overall the minigames are ok, maybe slightly increase pumpkin/doll spawning.

Beta-OD

Squire
I don't care about the rewards per say, I wish the mini-games took less time. The game already takes a lot of time. I wish the mini-games were a lot faster. i don't need all of the nice graphics and slowness of them. Just give me my reward and let me get to the next thing. I don't need the rewards to flip over, fly in, etc.

Tanmay11

Regent
worst event ever, didnt get all toys after spending 4k diamonds.
I think they nerfed the drop rate compared to archaeology. because its literally everyone complaining about it.

Goldra

Marquis
About daily prizes, the best rate to obtain it is a 10%, while in other events are 15%. About dolls, third time that appear: last year halloween, only 1 left; last archeology event, all get; this halloween event, only 1 leave.
All daily prizes in all events are a question of lucky, except st patrick event. This should be changed, because when you dont have luck, you get very dissapointed.
And about this trheat, halloween and archeology are the worst events to get the daily prizes.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I really like the format of the archaeology event.

Furthermore I do not think that the format of the event had a big influence on the average amount of DS you can get. In most events you have the chance to get about 7-10 Daily specials - and I believe that holds true for the halloween event also. Unfortunatly the spread of the possible amounts of DS to be won might be wider in Halloween/Archaeology as you need tripple luck - luck to find pumpkins, luck that the pumpkin is of the higher value category and luck to actually find the DS in the pumpkin - so you could have players that mostly find lots of pumpkins - mostly of the charming variety and are lucky to even get the 10% DS, while other players only get few pumpkins that mostly are of the rotten variety and do not even have the luck to get any DS. So if anything should change, it is the quality of the pumpkins at least in regards to the DS (just making them all the same chance for example would take out one of the luck factors). Another option would be to actively balance the variety of pumpkins (decrease the odds of a specific pumpkin appearing if it just appeared - therewith increasing the odds of the other pumpkins to appear)

I love the Halloween and Archaeology events. My favorite of the year.

But the daily special rate has really sucked big time this year. 3 worlds, and only 2 Asylum kits on one and a single wishing well on one other. None on my third. I'll end up with at least 10 to 14 pieces of the Horror House on each world which isn't bad for ftp, and have completed the toy quests at least twice in each world, so plenty of tickets and tools. I gathered every pumpkin possible too. Just the daily's that have sucked.

It appears to me that the total number of pumpkins available has decreased from some screenshots I have taken from past years and compared, but can't tell for sure since I don't have any totals.