• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Relics

Atosha

Merchant
Is it planned to review the relics?
I don't mean Temple of Relics itself but relics content and especially the different buildings. They are now outdated a lot (especially as the GE update is giving the different kits) and Temple of Relics itself is also challenged with all the new buildings created this year (giving fragments of new buildings, of one up/renovation/storage/motivation kits especially), making the temple a lot less useful, even with GE V.
I know that's not the only GB being challenged like that, but the temple is different as its mechanism is not questioned, but the content of relics (similar to the content of antiques dealer, which can be updated from time to time).
The buildings given by the relics could be deleted and the % redistributed or changed with less old buildings.

Thunderdome

Emperor
The only thing I would to see a review in is the amount of medals given for a gold relic; it's just sad and insulting; perhaps remove it or replace it with something that is worthy of said rank of relic.

There will always be a need for the ToR as in a GE run (1 to 64), I take home loads of goods, units, and forge points (got 500+ fp by clipping a few gold relics that gave 100 each along with the usual collections).

Atosha

Merchant
Always?
It's a 6x6, I did the math plus checked the results over a few months: for a lvl 68, it's per day:
  • 20 fp (ratio 0.55 - that's Suishun windmill level),
  • 35 goods,
  • 3 units
  • and 1 useless building (the building it give are already in the fragments kits at the end of each GE level, so it's only a bonus for the antiques dealer).
Just comparing to it St Patrick event building (which people complain about its size), even to lvl 7, is bad looking (and its only 30 tiles, so you can add some little unit giver building to cover everything).

And as now one up / renovation / storage kits are given by other means (which was one of the big plus (if not the main) of the temple...
With the evolution of events buildings, I'm seriously thinking of removing it.

Always?
It's a 6x6, I did the math plus checked the results over a few months: for a lvl 68, it's per day:
  • 20 fp (ratio 0.55 - that's Suishun windmill level),
  • 35 goods,
  • 3 units
  • and 1 useless building (the building it give are already in the fragments kits at the end of each GE level, so it's only a bonus for the antiques dealer).
Just comparing to it St Patrick event building (which people complain about its size), even to lvl 7, is bad looking (and its only 30 tiles, so you can add some little unit giver building to cover everything).

And as now one up / renovation / storage kits are given by other means (which was one of the big plus (if not the main) of the temple...
With the evolution of events buildings, I'm seriously thinking of removing it.
I did the math a few months ago and came to the same conclusion for my SAT main city. I deleted my L91 ToR with no regrets.

Kono

Merchant
Looking at ToR value through FPs is wrong. The last thing I need in advanced city are FPs. Main value of ToR are items which I can sell at Antiques Dealer. Basically, ToR is producing AD coins. This enables me to easily pay 100k for any item at AD auction.
BTW, looking forward to long overdue update of AD items on offer. Maybe Inno should have an automated process of adding an item to AD after its first release in the game (something like 6 months after the event?).

Looking at ToR value through FPs is wrong. The last thing I need in advanced city are FPs. Main value of ToR are items which I can sell at Antiques Dealer. Basically, ToR is producing AD coins. This enables me to easily pay 100k for any item at AD auction.
BTW, looking forward to long overdue update of AD items on offer. Maybe Inno should have an automated process of adding an item to AD after its first release in the game (something like 6 months after the event?).
I agree with you but I'm sitting on over 8 million AD coins. It's very rare that I come across something to bid on in the AD so I concluded that accumulating more coins was a waste of time, and space.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Is it planned to review the relics?
I don't mean Temple of Relics itself but relics content and especially the different buildings. They are now outdated a lot (especially as the GE update is giving the different kits) and Temple of Relics itself is also challenged with all the new buildings created this year (giving fragments of new buildings, of one up/renovation/storage/motivation kits especially), making the temple a lot less useful, even with GE V.
I know that's not the only GB being challenged like that, but the temple is different as its mechanism is not questioned, but the content of relics (similar to the content of antiques dealer, which can be updated from time to time).
The buildings given by the relics could be deleted and the % redistributed or changed with less old buildings.
Honestly with how the GE up to 4 review went they'd probably just destroy the remaining niche it has (collecting fountains of youth). You now have a chance of fragments of a fountain of youth in the jade relic instead ;)

Atosha

Merchant
Following new announcement "What does the future hold for Forge of Empires? Hear from our Product Head!", it seems the ratio will be improved with other sets of encounters.
However, even with a x2, production will stay below new events buildings I think.
@Leones , could you enlighten us as whether this guild expedition evolution will include relics content review (or not)?

Quote:
  • Guild Expeditions: Introducing 5 new difficulties with a smoother difficulty curve and more frequent transitions between offensive and defensive boosts. We'll make the later levels deliberately difficult so that you have something to work towards over the next couple of years.

We can put just about anything into storage. I think it is time we could store GBs as well now. We put a whole lot of time and effort into levelling them. But cannot store them if there is a need to. Why not?