• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Regression on army management window caused by recent change to sorting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Troubleshooting
Not relevant
Predictability of the location of damaged units is important to fighting fast, whether in GVG or GBG. Once the new GBG season starts, expect to hear a LOT of complaints about this if not fixed, and to get an influx of reports of people failing to heal their damaged higher age troops.

Previously if you had 3 types of units, say, A B and R (unit type A, unit type B, and rogue) in quantities AABBRRRR, the currently selected army frame would always display in the order AABBRRRR and only with-in each letter would the health of a unit cause that unit to move down the list with-in it's own group. Now the sorting is first by health, causing that to shift, for example it could be RRABRAB one fight, RRRABRAB the next.

To be clear, I am aware of the recent change to sort the army window by health - this itself is a good change - but I view the change to the 'currently selected army' section to be an error or regression (side effect) in the original change and I think the vast majority of the player base would agree with me. Muscle memory is critical to fast fighting and avoiding errors.

Browser or App version and version number
Chrome, presumably app too from what I've heard from guildmates
Recreation steps
Select an army that includes some rogues and some non rogues, depending on the effective units of your era
For example for future, have an army of 2 hover tanks and 6 rogues

Do a few battles so that the hovers and rogues get damaged
Actual Behavior
The non-rogues no longer appear at the start of your attacking army ("Currently Selected Army" frame in "Army Management"), non-damaged units now appear first regardless of if they are rogues or not
Expected Behavior
Before the recent update, units were grouped and ordered predictably by type (I think ordered by the hidden initiative value but as a player I'm uncertain), followed by damage
Frequency
Always when using damaged units
Can this be reproduced?
Yes
Last edited:
This is the current display on live and I don't have a problem with either the "currently selected army" or the reserve units. In this example, replacing the damaged units can be easily done by clicking twice on the spot where the damaged Harpoon is (to clear away the damaged units) then clicking once on an undamaged Rogue and once on an undamaged Harpoon (both from below) moving them into the currently selected army. I don't understand why this would be a problem for anyone.

1701821506142.png

This is the current display on live and I don't have a problem with either the "currently selected army" or the reserve units. In this example, replacing the damaged units can be easily done by clicking twice on the spot where the damaged Harpoon is (to clear away the damaged units) then clicking once on an undamaged Rogue and once on an undamaged Harpoon (both from below) moving them into the currently selected army. I don't understand why this would be a problem for anyone.

View attachment 10454
yes, this shows the problem. Those harpoon grenadiers should be earlier on.

Thunderdome

Emperor
"Close to their last life" should be in the last position. The one with the "flesh" wound should be before it. (in your picture)

I've seen layouts where severely damaged units were in front of the one slightly scratched unit just because of type rather than just the health that was stated. I could have a use for that one scratched unit so if I have two "close to life left" units left before it and damaged rogues after, I would have to move to the first two that are damage AND THEN move to the rogues so I can replace my formation.

If someone suggests preset buttons for troops, I would give them a +1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.