• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Recognizing independant units

DeletedUser3411

I am happy that I can now tell apart the independant units and units coming from my barracks.
The independant units are now clearly marked.
Though to me it makes more sense to mark the dependant units coming from my baracks.
This becomes more clear when you have a large amount of units.
I for example have a lot of tanks, about 300.
Scrolling through these amounts of units you still have to look clearly to tell them apart.
To me it would make more sense to do it the other way around.

Thanks

DeletedUser2752

Yea, I have thought about the same thing (and lots of other players as well)...

Maybe the devs will modify their filter as time passes on. I'm glad that they at least got what they have now up there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yep, I agree :) And it would also be nice to have a real filter that could either show only bound or unbound units at one time :)

DeletedUser4256

It's so easy as place a toggle button like: "Show unattached/Show attached"

But if the very first improvement has been done about six months ago after the new army management was released, I guess that the next improvement/s on army management, as the suggested ones here, will be on Xmas days..or maybe later! ;)

DeletedUser2752

It's so easy as place a toggle button like: "Show unattached/Show attached"

I don't think it's as easy as you think or else we wouldn't have to go to settings to turn a ribbon on and off ;)

DeletedUser4256

..possibly, but I think they did it so for avoiding difficulties to the newbies or something like, not by technical issues :)

DeletedUser3411

and ?????

if almost no one gives an reacktion then nothing change here. so far i find it useles to say things abouth the game here on the beta

NormaJeane

Viceroy
and ?????

if almost no one gives an reacktion then nothing change here. so far i find it useles to say things abouth the game here on the beta

Hi big moees :) I can understand your frustration since you have so many unattached units... 300 tanks :eek: - but at least now you can see immediately in your final selection which units you wish to replace before attacking.

About the number of reactions: I guess most players do not have your amount of unattached units and are just happy that a start has been made to distinguish between attached/unattached units.

About that you find it useless to say things here... I do not agree. Beta players have the 'privilege' to experience / comment on new features first and those comments are taken seriously. However, sometimes new features in the game need to be evaluated by other players as well on all servers around the world, so that their reactions can be taken into account too. Also it takes time to change game-features.

Yep, I agree :) And it would also be nice to have a real filter that could either show only bound or unbound units at one time :)

An extra filter seems indeed a nice suggestion to me as a player :)

DeletedUser

I don't think it's as easy as you think or else we wouldn't have to go to settings to turn a ribbon on and off ;)

It's no more difficult than the option in army management to show units only of a certain age. Requiring the ribbon to be activated/unactivated in settings was extra work which need not have been done as there is no reason for any player to ever turn off the feature. It looks like an attempt at having a feature which many players will not know exists and will not know to turn on.

What is clear is INNO has no interest in spending more than 15 or 20 minutes on any features suggested by the players. The gvg rights featured which took 6+ weeks to implemented(after i was assured it was of a very high and urgent priority), was just tied to the existing trusted rights, a quick fix requiring little effort and missed the mark. The gvg treasury which took over 4 months to introduce was given little to no thought to the point it included BA goods initially, and now has treasuries full of thousands of goods for the wrong ages which can't be accessed. The gvg events log which is starting to actually provide some useful information after 5 months is designed in such a way that the information is hard to quickly access and us, and often disappears from the event list before a player tries to look up the info.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4256

It's no more difficult than the option in army management to show units only of a certain age. Requiring the ribbon to be activated/unactivated in settings was extra work which need not have been done as there is no reason for any player to ever turn off the feature.

..totally agree. The given reason to do it as is, it was that adding 'more complexity' in the army management 'could be confusing' for new players.
You can chek out the full comment about in the changelog 1.22 announcement in your regular server forum.

DeletedUser3411

im stil hoping the markings change to the units from the baracks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thx NJ for your reacktion :)

Yang10

Marquis
Just to clarify:

The gvg treasury which took over 4 months to introduce was given little to no thought to the point it included BA goods initially, and now has treasuries full of thousands of goods for the wrong ages which can't be accessed.

The BA must be there just to make a full list when PostModern Era comes. And about the spread goods all over the guild treasury: your guild put them there. You can't retract an action. If they put them there it's their problem. Who knows? Maybe sometime you'll fight on that era. The point of the treasury is to have a common site where guild's goods can go to be used in the GvG. If someone wants to give a little bit of everything, let them! After all, some goods are better than none.

And big moees, it takes time.

DeletedUser4846

We will have to accept that changing this feature would be a pretty low priority compared to them working on fixing GvG, implementing PME (and coming up with the next ages) and general bug/performance issues. It would be good to have the choice to switch the band to mark the "attached" units as there are clearly less of them :)

@ yang10 when you consider the observatory which you can get in any age it gives the guild goods from that players age. if a guild has a mix of players IA through to ME you'll get goods in a range of ages even if your only active in 1 or 2 provinces. The rest of the goods are filling up other ages that you don't want to compete in. However I also see this as a small problem (if one at all) as Inno clearly wants to encourage guilds to have a presence in all ages on GvG (even if the guild is comprised of people all in the ME).

Yang10

Marquis
@ Tankovy, I know. As long as people don't pay to produce those goods the guild should not be angry at those who give goods to the Treasury. After all, some goods can help. How does it harm them to give goods to that age? If someone wants to give, let him.
Imagine a BA city with the Observatory. It takes him a year and a half to finish the tech tree and his guild is rich! :D
I don't see the bad side.

Last edited: