• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Really devs...?

Yang10

Marquis
I'm sorry, but this is just the tip of the iceberg

attachment.php

attachment.php

You are giving us a premium, yet expensive residential building.
Come on people!!!! It looks like someone forgot the textile mill was built there and someone transformed it into a house. It even has the textile wheel left!!! THAT is the tip of the iceberg

DeletedUser

if you use the renovation kit on the textile mill you will get the new house

just kidding :p

DeletedUser4285

looks like we are going to see more of that kinda stuff.

DeletedUser

maybe it is something spiritual, like the circle of life, like everything goes back to its roots :D
and you do see a lot of people in the west going back to a more simple and fulfilling way of life
maybe thats it :D

hope the information era, or whichever they implement last, town center resembles that one from the stone age :D

full circle...

DeletedUser1264

That's seriously disappointing - the charming graphics are 83% of what's appealing about this game.

But I would like a Stone Age town hall - that one was cool lookin :cool:

DeletedUser2752

if you use the renovation kit on the textile mill you will get the new house

just kidding :p
lol, that's a good one :p

Well, this would be probably the first or second time we actually get to criticize the designers ;)

DeletedUser47

Maybe a short definition of a Loft could help here: "Loft apartments are apartments that are generally built from former industrial buildings."

DeletedUser5097

Lol It looks like that the designers think: renovation and renewable are the progresive of the Postmodern era. But yes It's not so nice haha.
Maybe was the weel a verry special furnishing in the Post Modern era.:p

You are right. It's not so nice for a daimond building.

DeletedUser

When I see how many fancy agencies and companies have moved int former industrial buildings I think the designers did a decent job by paying tribute to the wool mill.

DeletedUser1264

It's a very convenient definition, but still a disappointingly lazy thing to do.

DeletedUser2752

It doesn't look exactly lazy. It's the same design, but it's not a copy/paste approach. It still looks like they spent time making it to me.

DeletedUser1264

I am not saying they didn't put thought into it, I'm just saying it's quite disappointing.

Same here. If every loft house were based on a different factory (with the same footprint, of course) that would be charming and delightful and we'd all build miles of them, I'm sure. As it is, the main thought behind this design seems to be "how can we save time". And that's not what we're accustomed to.

Dear FoE Artists, you've impressed us so much with your talent and creativity from the Stone Age onward - bravissimi! We look forward to more.

Yang10

Marquis
Same here. If every loft house were based on a different factory (with the same footprint, of course) that would be charming and delightful and we'd all build miles of them, I'm sure. As it is, the main thought behind this design seems to be "how can we save time". And that's not what we're accustomed to.

Dear FoE Artists, you've impressed us so much with your talent and creativity from the Stone Age onward - bravissimi! We look forward to more.

Bravissimo!
We certainly do! :D

DeletedUser4846

Personally I'm fine with this as they are trying to capture an element of real life. Old buildings do get renovated and reused. If they did the exact same thing for all of their buildings then it'd be lazy but with this building alone I think it's nice that they are putting in some realism and reusing industrial shells :)