• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest Real-Time PvP Duels

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllamHRK

Baronet
I know that when we talk in real time in a game of this type it's very difficult and probably this idea will never go beyond this topic but ...
It would be interesting if there were as you challenge another player to a real-time PvP battle where it would look something like chess but much faster course. Type each player has X seconds to make his move and attack or position his unit where he thinks best in the field. There would be no restrictions of eras or units, any player can duel against any other as long as he accepts the duel.

The difference of attacking a player in the neighborhood is that even in this case you are still fighting against an NPC not against the player itself, in real-time duels would be player VS player even to see who actually has the best strategy and not who has the higher attack and defense bonus. You could challenge a player by chatting by clicking on the player's name and '' dribble '' or something, if the other player accepts both they can choose the units they want to take before starting the duel.
Capturar.JPG
This feature could be even more interesting if you had to make '' bets '' before the duel, for example both bet 100 PFs or goods as long as both have these resources, who wins takes the resources bet on the duel. In addition these duels could give more points in the ranking than a conventional fight.

I believe that this feature would make the game much more interesting, but as I said at the beginning I am 100% sure that this will not leave this topic as well as several other ideas that I have already suggested in this forum. Still thank you to you who have read so far. Good game.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser8859

As you said, both are betting something - although I can understand that if the winner looses troops, he is compensated by the win. The looser on the other side not only looses the bet, he additionally would loose troops... Also, if troops are lost, players with Alcatraz would have an enormous advantage as they could challenge tons more people than others.

The risk for the loser is not only the bet, but also the units. He/she should consider that risk before accepting the challenge.

Regarding Alcatraz, it was the game changer before the Arc was introduced. Players with Alcatraz have advantage in all battle "environments": PvP Hood battles, GvG, GE; that is the main reward of the Alcatraz.

DeletedUser8859

What would make the match fair would both use units of the same era, but we can not also match a player who plays for 6 years and dedicated all that time to evolve with a player who started playing yesterday.

A player may have started to play in a world just a few months ago, but he/she may had been a player at FOE for long years. If both players have units of the same era, it is up to the Challenged to accept or reject the duel. The Challenged should check the city of the Challenger (check GB levels, other attack / defense bonus buildings) and judge if the opponent is too strong or not for the challenge.

DeletedUser8859

for this idea: speed battle
you click: I want fight. and then you get the next player of the same era who also clicks: I want fight
but I doubt there will be enough who accepts fast enough to make this a fun feature

time wasting for the other
first you select troops and then you click that you want to start a duel

1. select units
2. you click: I want to make a fight
3. you get the next available opponent

That speed battle option would mean you will not know the opponent until the battlefield opens. You do not know if the opponent has over 100 or 200 attack / defense bonus than you. Accepting the risk in a blind fashion.

DeletedUser

That speed battle option would mean you will not know the opponent until the battlefield opens. You do not know if the opponent has over 100 or 200 attack / defense bonus than you. Accepting the risk in a blind fashion.
not using any boosts :rolleyes:

because isn't it main part of idea
to see who actually has the best strategy and not who has the higher attack and defense bonus

The Challenged should check the city of the Challenger (check GB levels, other attack / defense bonus buildings) and judge if the opponent is too strong or not for the challenge.
so you wait 5-10 minutes until he decided if he wants to accept the challenge ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7951

Not a feature I'd like to participate in, so a decline option (auto decline Switch on/off in menu) is a must.
It may also be pretty tricky on the smaller servers, which are in majority, as people not online at the same time.

DeletedUser8823

My idea in spanish forum. (google translate):

Idea to Propose:
Create tournaments in which we fight against other players in real time, nothing of IA.

Details and reasoning of the idea:
Well, my idea is that there was the possibility of battling against other players, choosing each one the movements and applying their offensive bonuses. To do this, it would enable "Quick Tournaments" for each of the ages.

These tournaments could be programmed daily, every two days, changing schedules to please everyone ...

The idea is that, for example, it is announced that at 10 o'clock at night there will be a tournament in the future. All the people who are in the future can participate in it. Then at 10 to 5 at night you enter the game and you should leave a message in the "Join the tournament".

Could apply the same attack / orangery / kraken bonus for all players.

The competition could be in the eliminatory format (round of 16, eighth, quarter ...). All the fights followed ... leaving 1 minute of inactivity or so to prevent people from leaving and blocking the tournament.

And then give decent prizes to the winners, for example:

Winner: 200 FP
Subchampion: 100FP
Third: 50 FP

Or maybe require a payment of FP to enter, for example, 10 forges, and then divide all the revenue among the first 3 classified by percentage:

Winner: 65%
Subchampion: 25%
Third: 10%

(for example)

You could make tournaments of all ages every day, or if it means a lot of load to the server they could make half each day, or a couple of tournaments every day ... come on, the idea is that it was not problematic at the performance level .. although I honestly do not think it was, it is not comparable to the GVG because here are a few hand-made battles, in GVG there are many battles that are done automatically and therefore it is the server who must "do them", obviously not could catch the time of the count ...

One day the future could be at 10 o'clock at night, another day at 10 o'clock in the morning ... so we do not leave anyone out for schedule issues ...

And then, as a matter of proof, they could be tournaments limited to each world, or to each server if there were not enough participants in each world ... that would be to see it in the first tournaments.

ORIGINAL: https://forum.es.forgeofempires.com...neos-jugador-vs-jugador-en-tiempo-real.27309/

DeletedUser6484

How about GUILD DUELS?

I very much like the idea of duels which are actual "Player vs. Player" instead of "Player vs. AI". I would expand the PvP idea to guild vs. guild. There has to be a better way to add a GvG component to the game which is more balanced and will be more inclusive of all guilds than the current GvG structure. Below are some thoughts on how the original poster's idea for PvP duels could possibly be expanded and structured to create some fun interaction between guilds. This is only an idea that just came to mind after reading this thread, not a formal suggestion which I have fully considered all pros and cons. If you like the idea and think it's feasible, please add further thoughts on how this could work or how the idea could be modified if something suggested would not work. If this should be a separate suggested topic, I'm happy to re-post this in a new thread.

Guild Duels - Each guild would select a line up of it's players - select 10 players (or this value could be variable). The guild places their 10 participants in a defined order 1 thru 10. The opposing guild also selects 10 players and assigns them as 1 thru 10. Neither side would have visibility to the other side's assigned player roster until the battles begin. When both sides are ready, a sequence of 10 individual PvP battles are executed in which players from each side square off against each other and fight individually against the player who has the same assigned position on the other team. For example, players assigned to spot 1 on each side fight each other, then players assigned to spot 2 fight each other and so on until all 10 battles are completed. The team with the most individual victories in the engagement wins the GvG duel.

Rankings - Instead of giving individual prizes for winning battles, a guild would earn a ranking for the number of duels won (prestige or power points could be awarded to the guild based on a ranking similar to what is already done for GvG). Could possibly use a ladder ranking where a guild could each week challenge the guild above them in the ranking list (the current global ranking for guilds could be used as a starting point for rankings). Once challenged a guild would have to accept the challenge or forfeit and receive a loss for the week.

Options - The mechanism for setting up a guild duel could have varying options for the engagement to be selected by the challengers, such as:
  • Number of players - total number of players from each guild that will be in the battle line up.
  • Units - players can use units of any age or limited to multiple specific ages or limited to just one age. Possibly, option to select specific ages for each assigned spot on the team roster. Player 1 = VF, player 2 = OF, player 3 = AF, etc.
  • Maps - option for map terrain types from varying ages
  • Military bonus/boost - allow players normal boost from their cities or have no boost
  • Time limits - amount of time for player to make each successive move within an individual battle. Not completing a move in time results in loss of move.

Anyway, I thought this idea would create an opportunity for more guilds to get involved in a guild vs guild type of activity against guilds of similar relative strength. I'm curious to see if anyone thinks this is a workable idea or not.

DeletedUser8859

Guild vs Guild Duels should be discussed in a separate thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.