• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Quizzes

DeletedUser4133

Hello Everyone

I have few questions regarding, new "event".

1. If it ever goes live on to the public servers, does it mean that that particular region support will have all the questions (obviously all the answers)?
2. If question #1 Is correct, what will stop support to leak that information to, lets say girlfriends, brothers, wife's?
3. Will it be random? or specific times will be set? (they will make sure that all their brothers and sisters cousins friends will get all the good stuff..)

I guess that is it for now! I just don't apprishiate when members of regional support and their families are playing this game among other players

DeletedUser5593

Hello Beta Server and Forum

I wanted to clarify a few points here.

First, if and when quizzes ever go on to other servers I can not say at this time. But if they do, they will have their own questions, which will change for every quiz, just as I will always be changing my QuiZZy Questions here on Beta.

Since the questions do vary from quiz to quiz and are all game related, any player has a chance of answering correctly so it does not matter if someone tells a player from another server the question and answer. And also, as per privacy agreements that all staff must agree to, neither myself or any other staff member will ever share any information concerning any quiz or questions with anyone other than another staff member.

The times and frequencies that I will visit with my QuiZZes will always be random.
I want everyone to have chances to participate no matter what time zone they may be in, so I will always be changing the times and days I appear to be fair to all of the beta testers here.

I hope everyone has enjoyed my visits so far, and I am looking forward to my next visit, so make sure you all keep watching for me. If anyone has any further questions for me, please feel free to ask.

Until next time,

QuiZZy

DeletedUser5429

Hi QuiZZy,

Thanks for the event, I had never seen the global chat so crowded, it is very nice! :)

May I suggest two things for this event, when (or if) it goes on live servers. Those things were already suggested to you while you were quizzying, but you may have missed them:

1. A different color for QuiZZy messages: there are many people participating, and finding QuiZZy messages among all people chatting is difficult
2. Questions should be very precise, without any ambiguity. For example, when asking "how many supplies does it cost to build a cottage", you should add "without taking into account building rebate from guild level"

Thanks again, and see you soon!

DeletedUser5593

Thanks for taking questions! I gather the aim is to get more people into the chat gizmo, but why?

Greetings Beta,

Yes, one of the goals is to increase interaction and activity in the global chat as the staff often look to the chat when issues arise with the code for feedback and information.

But another reason for my appearances is to let all the testers know how much their efforts are appreciated.
Bug hunting on a test server is difficult and requires considerable efforts by many testers to pinpoint issues, get them all confirmed and reported in a timely manner, and then get that information to the dev team as quickly as possible so they can resolve problems before the code gets to the live servers.

None of this would be possible without all of you, and myself and the rest of the Beta staff want to make sure you all know how important you are to us, and that your efforts do not go unnoticed.

So keep a lookout for me, I am on a mission to give goodies to our amazing testers, and have a little fun.
Thanks for your feedback,

QuiZZy

DeletedUser5593

Hi QuiZZy,

2. Questions should be very precise, without any ambiguity. For example, when asking "how many supplies does it cost to build a cottage", you should add "without taking into account building rebate from guild level"

Thank you for this feedback and I have made note of this.
I will make every effort from now on to make questions as precise as possible so there is no confusion.

Thank you for the feedback and questions, keep it up !

QuiZZy

conqueror9

Regent
I think
QuiZZy is not 24 hour

It only pop up while i am dreaming in bed

Never meet him /her

p.s.
i can tell u, global chat is , now, deep silence < possible becos i wake up >

Last edited:

conqueror9

Regent
Thank you for this feedback and I have made note of this.
I will make every effort from now on to make questions as precise as possible so there is no confusion.

Thank you for the feedback and questions, keep it up !

QuiZZy

????
But i think...
our build cost ( coins and supplies ) is already by guild-level
if u ask construction cost of cottage

player can only see their "recent construction cost" <-- which is lowerd by guild level
if cost without guild level, that player has no idea of the real -actual costs

even u ask them to report current construction..with guild level
it is also a problem as
it involve a few steps b4 knowing your current guild level

If the answer need to be asap, "1st correct answer 1st get", that will be disaster !!!

DeletedUser1264

Greetings Beta,

Yes, one of the goals is to increase interaction and activity in the global chat as the staff often look to the chat when issues arise with the code for feedback and information.

But another reason for my appearances is to let all the testers know how much their efforts are appreciated.
Bug hunting on a test server is difficult and requires considerable efforts by many testers to pinpoint issues, get them all confirmed and reported in a timely manner, and then get that information to the dev team as quickly as possible so they can resolve problems before the code gets to the live servers.

None of this would be possible without all of you, and myself and the rest of the Beta staff want to make sure you all know how important you are to us, and that your efforts do not go unnoticed.

So keep a lookout for me, I am on a mission to give goodies to our amazing testers, and have a little fun.
Thanks for your feedback,

QuiZZy

Thanks for the reply, but ... I don't regard this as a sign of appreciation for my hard work hunting and reporting bugs. It feels more like an added chore. I don't normally hang around in chat, nor am I pleased to hear that the staff goes to chat rather than the normal support routes (these forums and/or in-game support) for feedback on issues with the game. There's no record of chat discussions - we can't add to them/amend them/reread them/doublecheck them/refer back to them, which makes them a seriously inferior route for discussion and feedback, in my opinion.

And do you really think encouraging people to bobble about in the chatroom is a great way to encourage serious beta testing?

Maybe you could consider sending the quiz questions to randomly selected active beta-testers via the in-game message gizmo instead of (or in addition to) rewarding chatroom denizens this way.

PS: In fact ... If the idea is to show appreciation for people's good work as beta-testers, why not reduce the requirements for deserving reward diamonds?

Or even better: How about interacting with us regularly about our suggestions and concerns? If someone from the dev team or management is being assigned to interact with us, I'd far rather they talked with us about something meaningful, not trivia questions.

Sorry if I sound like a spoilsport but I honestly don't see what asking trivia questions in the chatroom has to do with appreciating beta testers' good work.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I would like to say that it's nice everyone has feedback and thoughts on QuiZZy.

But it is just an ingame quiz, for fun. There are no requirements to be there or to wait for it to occur. No testers progress will be held back by either participating or not participating in it.
And in no way has it been suggested that chat be used as an alternative to reporting bugs through the normal methods of forum and ingame tickets.

But I will say that I myself watch the global chat to see what the testers are discussing, especially during mission cycles. Not because I expect or want them to be using it to report bugs, but simply because it is another source of information for me to monitor. And if QuiZZy popping in there from time to time gets testers a bit more involved in chat and have a little fun, I personally don't see any harm in it at all.

Often when an issue is first discovered, if nothing else a tester will pop in chat just to see if it has happened to anyone else yet.
Is that a replacement of a detailed bug report? Absolutely not.
But it does give myself and other staff an early insight into something that 'may' be an issue, and that we 'may' start seeing reports on. If anything it is just a little extra information for us to see, an 'early warning' so to speak.

As far as staff interaction with testers in chat I agree. I try to do it myself, and I will be doing it much more from now on. But I just wanted to make it clear to everyone that QuiZZy's primary reason on Beta is very simple, just to have a bit of fun and nothing more :)

Anyway, keep up the great work everyone, I hope to see you all in chat soon,

Zarok Dai

DeletedUser1264

Sorry if my comments disgruntled anyone, Zarok Dai.

And in no way has it been suggested that chat be used as an alternative to reporting bugs through the normal methods of forum and ingame tickets.

When "Quizzy" said above that "one of the goals is to increase interaction and activity in the global chat as the staff often look to the chat when issues arise with the code for feedback and information", that sounded very much like chat is being used as an alternative to the forum and in-game tickets. If I misunderstood that: Good!

I still feel that this activity encourages/rewards hanging about in chat rather than encouraging/rewarding beta testing. Rewarding people for being in chat is your prerogative, of course, but it doesn't necessarily feel appreciative of the serious beta-testers' efforts. It feels like we now need to pause our beta-testing to check out the chat gizmo, or be left out while rewards are being handed out.

As far as staff interaction with testers in chat I agree. I try to do it myself, and I will be doing it much more from now on.

If it's me you mean you agree with: I meant increased interaction with the devs and decision-makers here in the forums, where there's a record of the discussions and everyone can read them and join in, not just the people who happen to be awake/in chat at the moment.

But I just wanted to make it clear to everyone that QuiZZy's primary reason on Beta is very simple, just to have a bit of fun and nothing more

Okay! Not meant as appreciation - more like recreation/distraction from the primary goal of the beta server. Enjoy it :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: