• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Quest givers glitch

• Thread starter DeletedUser8277
  • Start date

DeletedUser8277

For over a week when I complete a quest and hit 'collect' the screen jumps to the top of the scrollable area then back down again. When I click abort it also does this. It occurs every time and the jerking visual can be almost dizzying for lack of better term. I had thought I had seen it reported before which is why I have not done so but after just searching the forum for it it seems it has not been.

Reproduction Steps:
Unknown if it is only occurring for me. Click abort or collect on any quest.

Issue Description (10/10):
The screen jerks up then down following every input.

Please include the following information:
- What you were expecting to happen - screen to stay focus on one area
- What actually happened- jerks up then down
- Visual reference if available - I don't know how to capture movement but if anyone could tell me how I'd be happy to provide.

Player: * manda the first
World: *
Operating System: * osx -chrome
Browser Version: * 63.0.3239.84 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Viewport Size: * I don't know how to answer this question. Screen size set to 100% resolution 1280X800 13.3 inch macbook screen. Using the same device and settings for my live game where I do not encounter the issue there.

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes

DeletedUser8277

Yup I confirm this problem has now been brought to the live version with the new update.

DeletedUser

Do you men it's jumping within the quest overview window?

DeletedUser8277

I did a bit of research on how I could capture this issue and I was able to make this:
foe8k.gif
Instead of the quest just moving off the side, if I accept or abort any quest it jumps up then down. I have a higher quality version of this image capture but I needed to make it smaller in order to post it.

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-01-10 - Animations, videos and gifs are not allowed - I added spoiler tags ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It looks like the jumping comes from the questwindow shifting from 3 quests to 2 quests and back to 3 quests.
Mening the quest you press to finish, leaves the window, and pop in again right away.

DeletedUser

So I am curious. How many of you perceive this a bug, and how many feel it is intended?

DeletedUser8794

Since this can be fixed by coding a better way to display the quest list, I think it's a bug.

I can think of some possibilities to work this around, but I guess the more elegant would be to schedule new quests to appear on the upper part of the window, flowing always like this: newer quests above, older bellow. Completing a quest located on the bottom would trigger a new quest to appear as the first on the list, and so on.

DeletedUser5160

It was working correctly before and offered a better user experience. Now it is disrupting my mouse movement. :p Good UX is all about users having seamless interactions.

DeletedUser4285

So I am curious. How many of you perceive this a bug, and how many feel it is intended?

the way it worked before was perfect as it was friendly to the eyes but now it isn't so friendly to the eyes.

DeletedUser8277

It was working correctly before and offered a better user experience. Now it is disrupting my mouse movement. :p Good UX is all about users having seamless interactions.
Agree. Prior to this update on live it was a smooth movement, a 'swish' off to the left, now it's jarring and jumps. I really can't see it being intentional as looking at it when doing multiple RQs is actually.. dizzying? Is the best way to describe it. It's watching something move off to the left then the screen up then down again- all quickly over and over and you have to keep looking at it to read the quests. If done enough times in succession I don't think it would be an overstatement to say a headache would easily occur.

It is possible it's only affecting a limited number of players as I had thought it was reported much earlier and turns out I was wrong. I would think if all players were seeing this more would have been made of it.
It looks like the jumping comes from the questwindow shifting from 3 quests to 2 quests and back to 3 quests.
Mening the quest you press to finish, leaves the window, and pop in again right away.
This could be possible. If you can tell from my blurry image the screen darts up just enough you can make out the top questgiver, then jumps back down to hide him again-and repeats. I have no clue what brought this about but it was on my beta game for a little while live functioned fine with the same settings/browser/everything and from today's update has now been brought to live. At least mine.