• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: QI "too many citizens in employment" bug

Minigal

Farmer
I still can't sell anything, not even a road, and I don't have any room to even add a house. You'd think you'd still be able to sell a military building. This bug is not making this enjoyable at all.

1708676220362.png1708676253445.png
I have 0 pop available, 250 additionnal Euphoria, population Enthusiastic.

But, I still :
- cannot sell any Butcher to free 25 pop
- cannot sell Goat Farm to free 100 pop
- cannot sell Archery to free 100 pop
- cannot sell any Ampitheater to free 0 pop
- cannot sell Public Bath to free 0 pop
- cannot sell roads to free 0 pop

I understand that I am in a "negative population", and that that blocks everything. Selling a building that is expensive in terms of population would be the best solution. I'm hesitant to buy an expansion with shards to add residences, I'm afraid of wasting my shards for nothing. Especially 2 days from the end...

Last edited:
View attachment 10976View attachment 10977
I have 0 pop available, 250 additionnal Euphoria, population Enthusiastic.

But, I still :
- cannot sell any Butcher to free 25 pop
- cannot sell Goat Farm to free 100 pop
- cannot sell Archery to free 100 pop
- cannot sell any Ampitheater to free 0 pop
- cannot sell Public Bath to free 0 pop
- cannot sell roads to free 0 pop

I understand that I am in a "negative population", and that that blocks everything. Selling a building that is expensive in terms of population would be the best solution. I'm hesitant to buy an expansion with shards to add residences, I'm afraid of wasting my shards for nothing. Especially 2 days from the end...
You do not need an expansion.
On the browser you can move the two roads that connect the bottom 2 houses in some small hole.
Then switch those two houses with the butcher in your expansion you already have.
There you should be able to add an additional house.

The problem is that you have 250 total population and you use 375 population. So you must build a villa to get into non negative ground. That will take 10 hours, but you might not have the coin&supply for that. :(
Once construction is completed you can sell the goods building to get more space to work with, and connect things to the roads again. It might be a good idea to spead up the villa construction, it should cost just 50 shards, a third of your next expansion.

If you do not have the coin and supply for a villa you might have enough to buy an expansion with goods (you already have the building for that), then fill it with a cottage and a tile roof house. They don't need to be connected to road, just swap them with the one that are to complete the construction.
I don't see any way to build two houses without additional expansions.

phil42

Farmer
You do not need an expansion.
On the browser you can move the two roads that connect the bottom 2 houses in some small hole.
Then switch those two houses with the butcher in your expansion you already have.
There you should be able to add an additional house.

The problem is that you have 250 total population and you use 375 population. So you must build a villa to get into non negative ground. That will take 10 hours, but you might not have the coin&supply for that. :(
Once construction is completed you can sell the goods building to get more space to work with, and connect things to the roads again. It might be a good idea to spead up the villa construction, it should cost just 50 shards, a third of your next expansion.

If you do not have the coin and supply for a villa you might have enough to buy an expansion with goods (you already have the building for that), then fill it with a cottage and a tile roof house. They don't need to be connected to road, just swap them with the one that are to complete the construction.
I don't see any way to build two houses without additional expansions.
That does not answer the question about why he cannot sell to free population. That's clearly a bug.

I fiddled with my city in every way, I managed to free up space for 2 Villas, or 300 more pops. See you in 10 hours to find out if the problem is resolved (although I will probably already be warm in my bed in 10 hours)

1708692793500.png

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
That does not answer the question about why he cannot sell to free population. That's clearly a bug.
Because they have negative population. This should never be possible, but was due to a bug. Negative population can only be fixed by placing a building, that provides population.
This will not be changed.
If you are affected, please try one of the earlier provided steps.

I fiddled with my city in every way, I managed to free up space for 2 Villas, or 300 more pops. See you in 10 hours to find out if the problem is resolved (although I will probably already be warm in my bed in 10 hours)
I now have 225 pop (and not 300 be cause of this negative population bug). And I can sell buildings.