• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: QI - Too high population

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Troubleshooting
I have cleared cache
I currently have too high population for the buildings I have built, causing me to lose out on euphoria bonus (I tested with collection and I did not get boosted amount). I have 3 Villas, which should give me 600 population, but instead I have 1000 as seen by euphoria demand and by adding up all my population requirement (550 from production buildings + barrack).

This was after constructing 2 villas. After they were done constructing I had 1350 population, 400 more than I was supposed to have. I deleted some roof tile houses and cottages, but I still have +400 population compared to what I'm supposed to have.

Browser or App version and version number
Browser: 1.276.8790264e32 (04.02.2024 19:05)
Recreation steps
Don't know
Actual Behavior
Too much population
Expected Behavior
Correct amount of population
Frequency
First time happening to me
Urgency
Quite urgent as this has a direct impact on the QI. If you can actually use the population it might be abused, but it can also have negative side effects due to lost euphoria bonus.
Can this be reproduced?
Impossible for me to tell.
Screenshots
x3qjPab.jpeg
nzO5dLi.png

tunix

Merchant
Perk Creator
Same problem. Since I have a villa, population and demand for euphoria are too high.

Tudor Almighty

Merchant
In my city I cant sell any building, not even theatres or butchers, cause it always tells me I have not enough population. Maybe this is related
Same, I just built a Villa and now I can't sell my Roof Tile Houses to get back to Enthusiastic because of "not enough population".
foe011.jpg foe02.jpg

rumpelrose

Farmer
Same issue with cottages.
I somehow managed to have two cottages and one Legionnaires barracks, two butchers and one goat farm. Afterwards selling any building caused the error. After having built an additional roof tile house, which should have balanced population, the error message doesn't appear any more, but still 200 population is shown.

Attachments

• error selling Amphitheater.jpg
    error selling Amphitheater.jpg
    534.4 KB · Views: 16
  • wrong amount of residents.jpg
    wrong amount of residents.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 15

mcbluefire

Baronet
Same issue here - have 450 population built in my city but demand for 850 happiness. Two villas & one tile roof house...

I should have 250 excess population but I only have 50. 2 villas, 1 cottage (450 pop), 4 butchers, 1 goat farm (200 pop). The goat farm took double the population it should have.

*Simon*

Farmer
Same for me. I can`t sell anything. I have 100 more population than I should have

Attachments

• b.png
    b.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 9
  • a.png
    a.png
    151.6 KB · Views: 9

*Simon*

Farmer
now I have build a house in hope it would help, but it doesn`t. I cant`t do anything and euphoria isn`t high anymore. What can I do?

And the same here today.
250 population more than I should have with the buildings. Therefor I'm not providing enough Euphoria anymore for 150% productivity.

e2m2

Squire
Same issue here as well.
FoE thinks I have 800 population even though I only have 700 (5 cottages + 1 villa).

HxFWQZT.jpg

Last edited:

Ozziegal

Farmer
Same issue here. It had incorrectly calculated my population which allowed me to inadvertently build an additional supply building that I shouldn't have been able to. I was merrily enjoying the productions, but when I then added another house so I could replace a butcher with a tailor I hit the bug. The house added too much population again and I lost my euphoria bonus. And then I couldn't delete anything, including roads or production buildings (hence I couldn't reduce my need for population).
I *resolved* it in the end by calculating my population manually and adding enough additional houses to cover the production and other buildings I had in place. I could then delete buildings again.
So it would seem the incorrect population figures allows you build using the false population, but then causes problems when you want to delete something as you are already in deficit.

Last edited:
[...] And then I couldn't delete anything, including roads [...] (hence I couldn't reduce my need for population).
[...]
So it would seem the incorrect population figures allows you build using the false population, but then causes problems when you want to delete something as you are already in deficit.
Deleting a road should not be constrained by population. You should always be able to delete those even if available population is negative. Same should apply to anything that does not consume/provide population (decoration and cultural buildings), since those should not have such a constrain.

It seems the check is applied accross the board when deleteing buildings, which is a second separate issue. If you are out of space then your workaround might be impossible because of this second issue.

MATR

Squire
I have same issue - population is 200 too high. It is ridiculous that the game can't calculate population. it is so simple to add up the total of all houses, roof tile number times 50, cottages times 100 plus villas times 200. Even more ridiculous is not a single response from development acknowledging the problem and nothing about correcting it. It is now going on 3 plus days.
2/8: Still 200 too high on population. added another cottage and another Arch (+100 pop +675 euphoria), both increased the correct amount but did not fix the 200 over population. Demand for E now shows 2100 s/b 1900. no update to my support ticket other than canned response. Disappointed about overall response to this issue.

Attachments

• Incorrect population calculation.jpg
    Incorrect population calculation.jpg
    912.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Aerendil

Squire
5 cottages, 3 roof tile = 650
1 got farm, 4 tailor = -300
1 camp, 1good = -200
total +150,
FoE says its 350
+200 in difficulty 9

Tempestas

Squire
As am listening to this, I am thinking that even if building house remediated the problem, that if the problem and solution are as described, I am better off not fixing it It let me building another barracks while my population was over-reported. I can't delete anything, but I can build if I can make space.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Think I have some additional information on when this happens: It appears when you're offline when the building completes you might get the double population. I've built many cottages without doubling up, but the last two I built while heading to sleep - and wound up with double population when I checked in the next day.

Ozziegal

Farmer
Deleting a road should not be constrained by population. You should always be able to delete those even if available population is negative. Same should apply to anything that does not consume/provide population (decoration and cultural buildings), since those should not have such a constrain.

It seems the check is applied accross the board when deleteing buildings, which is a second separate issue. If you are out of space then your workaround might be impossible because of this second issue.
Oh I agree, I'm not suggesting it is not still a serious bug. Just letting people know they *may* (if they have space or a goods building to get expansions) have an option to unlock their settlement and keep playing while we wait for the devs to fix it properly. As everyone else seemed to be suggesting once you were bugged there was nothing you could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.