• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Proposal: Quality of Life Improvement for PvP

• Thread starter DeletedUser7942
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser7942

I'd like to recommend two easy changes if I may that will make the game smoother, cleaner and more enjoyable for all who partake in PvP will come to enjoy I'm quite sure of it.

Two minor, easy fixes can bring forth much happiness across the FoE playebase.

The first being mainly for early PvP. With the somewhat recent change to the game where PvP is tech locked this makes searching for those to attack rather tedious and unenjoyable. So there could be one of two easy fixes to this.

1. My preference as I'm sure would be for many others as well is, like with Friends Tavern, have some sort of indication that the player can not be attacked due to PvP being tech locked.

fjfxhfx.gif

As it is now we have to click on every single players crosswords and get this pop up for every single one that has PvP tech locked:

54554.gif

Then we have to click "OK", it does not have the ability to click off window like so much of the rest of the game now. But I'd much rather have the symbol indicator than the ability to click off window to close it.

The second change we would love to see is something Inno will benefit from as well as players who PvP of all ages. And it is also simple and easy to fix. As it is now every time you successfully breech a players defenses it automatically takes you to that players city. While in one way convenient for those who plunder it's rather inconvenient for those who don't or who may wish to check later.

We have now the ability to see who we have successfully attacked with the plunder symbol indicator;

hsthtshthhthh.PNG

So there's no real need to automatically open the players city screen. Giving us the option to disable/enable this will help Inno servers and players as well.

Thank you for your consideration.

Yours Truly,
Sloppy Joe Slayer

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
nice idea. clearly you are a plunderer

at the same time, change city shield so that the player also cannot attack (2-way shield). or some other way to opt out of pvp entirely

DeletedUser7059

-1, but pop-up window should be able to close by clicking off. That I agreed.

vesgouo

Baronet
3YNp.gif

DeletedUser7942

index.php

Could really use this, trying to DC's in IA is getting to be a real drag and I'm getting to the point now of just giving up on doing DC's entirely because of this one issue. Just on one city alone the bottom 35 players all had PvP locked before I finally got to the 36th that didn't, and of course with the current system you have to click on every single one of those non PvP players then click again for every box that comes up telling me they don't PvP.

I agree, when these changes 1st took place it didn't effect me at all, but i recently started in both of the new worlds and it is time consuming and irritating.
As soon as I unlocked DC in 1 world i had 4 quests in a row that required battles
It's almost like, here's something new, but your not allowed to win anything yet.
Swap them around, make it so you unlock PvP soon as you get in IA and can't advance until you do, then DC at the end.

Also IMO it has unbalanced the game..... there are many players that are new and don't have a clue what PvP is, they unlock it having no idea that they have just opened the door to them being plundered, there is not 70-80 players to choose from anymore so if you are in a hood with with say 10 experienced players and 2 or 3 noobs that have just unlocked PvP, them 2 or 3 get hammered.
Plunder doesn't bother me, always been there and you have to take the good with the bad, but as everyone knows there is always people who take it personally, this has made it worse, maybe that is the whole idea? lol

DeletedUser7942

Also IMO it has unbalanced the game..... there are many players that are new and don't have a clue what PvP is, they unlock it having no idea that they have just opened the door to them being plundered, there is not 70-80 players to choose from anymore so if you are in a hood with with say 10 experienced players and 2 or 3 noobs that have just unlocked PvP, them 2 or 3 get hammered.
Plunder doesn't bother me, always been there and you have to take the good with the bad, but as everyone knows there is always people who take it personally, this has made it worse, maybe that is the whole idea? lol
It's like you've read my post I just recently posted on live lol;

I believe IG should give some consideration to the idea of grouping hoods into classes rather than tech tree. It doesn't make sense to group ametures in with pros, featherweights in with heavy weights etc. 4 minute mile runners in with 10 minute mile runners, casuals in with basement dwellers, beginning players in with campers, to me that would seem to discourage competition more than encourage it. The system still has the incentive, especially now with PvP locked in IA, to a camp in an age forever approach or advance at your peril dynamic which seems at odds with IG's apparent opposite approach when it comes to incentivising players to advance via events.

But perhaps that is by design based on some sort of financial incentive, lure the mice through the ages with plunder bait and by the time the mice realize what they've done and they find themselves with no real city advancement or skills the decrepit old cats pounce, and so such an idea is futile to even bother mentioning. I guess maybe that's also why there's no tutorial on defense as well. But then why bother locking PvP and this hood change? To keep up appearances or is it an actual effort in fairness of competition? I suppose if we knew that answer we would begin to know how to evaluate and compose our thoughts on the matter so it's in the hope it is a genuine attempt I make the suggestion.

So I think if they based merges on A/D values, AO's, Krakens, Rouge Hideouts, Traz, City Defense, fights, and any other factors that pertains to ability, availability, strength etc. and give a reasonable range for groups then this might have the effect of encouraging more competition. It might also serve to encourage players throughout the spectrum to be better players because the futile element would not be present for those on the lower end and for those on the higher end it would actually be more of a real competition rather than a faceroll.

Today was another rough one I ran into, had to go through 60 players for 10 battles, the other 50 had PvP locked.

Last edited by a moderator:
new worlds are the worst. the hoods are so unbalanced. I am LMA in 2 new worlds, and the top player is CE with many who are PME-ME-PE. All those in LMA just get hammered. in a same-era hood, all is fair. so I like the idea of grouping plunderers with plunderers

other games allow you to protect your city. but unlike city shield here, its 1) affordable, and 2) stops you attacking others. too many plunderers use city shield, which I think is unfair.

from what I have seen, plundering is the biggest reason new players stop playing. limiting it to EMA/IA isnt enough.

slightly off topic, but hopefully others find it relevant

DeletedUser9045

+1 / 0
The first one is just obvious. If you can't attack them: Don't put an attack button on it. Only put an attack button on cities you can actually attack. This is not something you would expect from a well develloped game like foe ;)

The second one is a bit questionable... On some occasions I do want to go into the city and other occasions I'd rather finish my quests like win 5 times in a row and do not want to wait for loading a city I don't want to plunder... I noticed however on the testserver that I got a different kind of daily quest. Instead of: Win x battles, I got a quest: conquer this battle with a button to start a specific quest battle, which eliminates the need to attack neighbours for quests with no intention to plunder all together. A much more elegant solution I think ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.