• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Production Carousel - Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kronan

Viceroy
Reason
Written in the explanation as well, but here is the succinct version: This could be implemented to save Inno client/server repetitive interactions for each production click choice. It also save the user time and mouse clicks/screen touches (mobile).

This follow a logical growth evolution of an already approved and implemented feature enhancement to make it more productive for BOTH players and the hosting service.
Details
See explanation (above) with images
Balance
Should potentially reduce communications and server costs, help balance loading by not requiring the service to "ACK" each direct response (as we do it now...) for the carousel by the client. We can still use the production carousel as designed for "partial" requirements (say needing 12 of the 22 available), but for ALL - this is much more highly productive for both users and theoretically, the host's service dealing with each click for choice.
Abuse Prevention
Can't see how this could be abused to the point of damage to play or other damage vectors to gaming.
Summary
If this isn't hard to do, it makes sense to take the final step to efficiency, especially with production runs being so pervasive in the Daily Challenge, and events. It's just a follow up efficiency upgrade on top of the ORIGINAL decision by INNO to do this in the first place. It's a logical extension of a great idea already implemented.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes, but honestly - getting harder and harder to FIND distilled suggestions that "hit perfectly" with exact ideas. So to answer the question - no, I looked but didn't find a duplicate of this idea.
The is a suggestion for a last step in the journey for this wonderful feature that we've been using for at least a year. Implementation of this extension idea could save costs to Inno, and potentially lowers client and server interactions to accomplish the same functions.

Today, we have this:

Production runs - ALL switch vs carousel - 100.JPG

We all know how this works. Click the "PRODUCE" button for as many of the same time duration choices we want, until we have filled our need -or- the carousel stops presenting us with the ability to choose. If you have 40 blacksmiths, and want them all, you click produce 40 times, in a carousel where the screen flips left to right each time.

Now - here's the upgrade idea.

Instead of clicking for EACH one individually that we need, we could FIRST check the "ALL" checkbox, it shows us how many units are available, (22) and then we choose our time., and click PRODUCE, if we want them all.

Voila - the screen exits and all 22 have started - 1 transaction - all the same time choice.

Production runs - ALL switch vs carousel - 101.jpg

That's the idea... see below or above for the required Inno question answering...

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

Kronan

Viceroy
nice idea

as addition maybe
when All is selected then cancel would also cancel All

If Inno's intrepid and enterprising engineering team embraced the "CANCEL" function in this way AS WELL, that's just a fine upside tweak @CrashBoom - absolutely. Make tons of sense to enable action to be derived forward (produce) or backward (cancel) using the same concept.

Last edited:

Kronan

Viceroy
I also want to be fair about this:

As we're asking for THE improvement: IF the all button is checked, then it can PRODUCE for ALL, or can CLEAR for ALL.

It should ALSO cost diamonds for all for ALL IMMEDIATE completion too (being fair). As the image shows, 1 blacksmith INSTANT complete (from the time invested already) cost would be 5 diamonds. So do that 22 times (if the all switch is on) would be 22 x 5 (=110 diamonds) cost to instant complete all 22 5 minute productions, in progress.

Emberguard

Emperor
It should ALSO cost diamonds for all for ALL IMMEDIATE completion too (being fair). As the image shows, 1 blacksmith INSTANT complete (from the time invested already) cost would be 5 diamonds. So do that 22 times (if the all switch is on) would be 22 x 5 (=110 diamonds) cost to instant complete all 22 5 minute productions, in progress.

So three options right?
  1. Start All (free)
  2. Clear All (free)
  3. Instant Finish All (diamond finish)

The Diamond option would need to display the total diamond cost, as fairly certain the cost changes based on time remaining and you may have different times already set

Kronan

Viceroy
So three options right?
  1. Start All (free)
  2. Clear All (free)
  3. Instant Finish All (diamond finish)

The Diamond option would need to display the total diamond cost, as fairly certain the cost changes based on time remaining and you may have different times already set
Yes, if that ALL box is checked, it works for ALL 3 options
(PRODUCE for no cost),
CLEAR (for no cost), and
Instant FINISH for DIAMONDS (cost adjusted for ALL in process started with the production carousel)

Players can get innovative here too. Free inventory items can shorten or complete productions runs started with the ALL function in the carousel, too.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Excellent suggestion but there is an oversight.
Given the amount of players complaining for nothing or for lack of information on the FR forum, it was when the "ALL" box was checked that the total cost was indicated.
Example, you are talking about diamonds in the case of "finishing everything" at 5 per building, but many dummies will not be able to do 22 x 5 head! ^^
And it will be the same with the goods production buildings which will cost gold, supplies and sometimes goods of age -3.

So, I'll say it again, I love your suggestion but remember to specify the total cost for the intellectually disabled people I meet daily on the FR community.

Kronan

Viceroy
@DEADP00L

Most assuredly. However, I am gratified that the few posting so far - like (or really like) the idea - as general benefit of design.
My goal was to point to a concept for Inno to embrace that helps them, and helps us. If I were writing the design spec (which I've done so many times in my software development career...) I would most assuredly adopt all the supporting needs outlined here (produce, cancel AND diamond accelerate) to make the idea implementation really be a hit (success).

I would hope that the folks actually writing the design spec, and coding it - would embrace those same things - making the idea comprehensive to the goal, if we get far on this idea becoming reality.

I concur though - regardless of people's math ability, it would be a good thing to know the total cost you have to incur if appropriate (for goods production, as your example showed...) , or the total cost for the time acceleration you get for paying diamonds.

Ironically though, you don't get that now by using the Carousel feature, especially for goods. Essentially, you just keep clicking the produce for goods, even though your spending "something" underneath that transaction, that's never visually accounted for IN TOTAL - before, during, or after you're done with it.

So yes, your idea would even help for that.

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
The original implementation has proven to be an significant QoL improvement. This idea would bring it into the ultimate state it could be. Particularly the combination of checking actions for all production/goods/mil. buildings present + costs overview if any is an great addition to the game. It’ll make managing productions much more efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.