• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Population - Event tendency

Atosha

Merchant
First, I'd like to say I understand fully Inno intent to make it harder regarding population. Managing multiple constraints is fine.
But I'm still wondering if that is not too much, especially for new players. Here's the tendency:
--> On the last 15 events (incl. ongoing history one), only 7 are bringing population (less than 50%).
--> On the contrary, the 7 last events (consecutive) have buildings costing population - if not all except main (and for some the scale is quite heavy).
Balancing changes of history 2024 buildings is even worse than what it was first in that regard and give the impression it will be worse with time.
--> On the plus note, introduction of Wyvern. forge is very welcome.

Therefore, that implies keeping 'not optimum' building (or building them for if you're a new player) from 2022 or before instead of the new one you're competing (or for some players, the one you're purchasing diamonds for).
GB Inno tower could help for lower ages but has quickly not much impact on that parameter (Inno 80 = 2 Silk Weaver's Emporium or 2 Fromage pavilion in Titan).
Wouldn't it better to include a real choice in the new buildings a new event brings, including its impact on population? There are already enough new buildings in each event to allow it in my opinion (around 65 new buildings introduced within last 15 events, i.e. 4 new building types per event in average).

Details below:
History:
- Main building : none
- Other buildings : requires population
Anniversary event:
- Main building : Brings population
StPat event:
Wildlife event:

Winter event:
Halloween event:
Fall event: +main building -Jumpin Pumpkin
- Jumpin Pumpkin : requires population
Soccer event:
- Other buildings : no cost
Fellowship:
Summer:
Wildlife:
Anniversary:
StPat:
Forge Bowl:

Winter:

Last edited:

Kater004

Farmer
Increasing the number of residents required for the Event buildings in the middle of the event after the players have already placed some new buildings is not really a good idea. As a result, the number of inhabitants can become negative, which brings to light some previously hidden programming errors. INNO should lower the required number of inhabitants per building for this event (the players will be happy) and then correct the errors as soon as possible.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
It's a new form of balancing. Sure, the buildings are very strong, but you will need to counter that by having enough population. You'll need to be a bit more strategic in maintaining what you can place in your city. I see no issue in that.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Good to see this list overview.

I wish to see this representation for city happiness (and heavily expecting for plundering details) too.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Fall event 2023's main building gave a substantial amount of population and happiness. Which helped with the pumpkins which consuming more efficiently both.

Atosha

Merchant
It's a new form of balancing. Sure, the buildings are very strong, but you will need to counter that by having enough population. You'll need to be a bit more strategic in maintaining what you can place in your city. I see no issue in that.
Of course, some balancing is interesting - and was needed (that was my first sentence ^^).
My point is about the tendency Inno is going through:
- Past = No population constraint : that parameter was useless :Thumbs_Down:,
- Autumn 2023 = Population constraint implies you can only build limited amount of new buildings in our city = :Thumbsup:
- Now = with systematic requirements of population and lots of new main building with no population, it is becoming too much imo (and difficult especially for new players): you have to remove buildings quite new and keep or build older one. Or not build the new ones. :Thumbs_Down:
This is why I would highly prefer to be able to do the balancing through the new buildings an event brings (or every other): best ones still requiring pop but some with lower performance bringing pop being introduced as well.
And therefore, I have a real choice to make, and I do not have to go back to 2022 buildings to get population (buildings a new player hardly knows by the way - and implies that he has to win enough kits to build old building for their population during events - which means targeting the daily specials considered as "meh", on top of managing the event itself).

I think the strategy will be much more interesting if such a range of choice is offered within new events. Because the strategy "finding the best building (no brainer, as they all costs population anyway, there is actually not much thinking to do), and thus put the one you can afford and that's it" is not very strategic, is it?

@drakenridder Yes, and I was able to win it through rival here on Beta - as I only started here end of last year (obviously on live it was removed). And I put 2 celtic taverns as well.
I am not saying there aren't any, I am saying the range of choice is not balanced.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Winter event:
Fall event: +main building -Jumpin Pumpkin
- Jumpin Pumpkin : requires population
@Atosha I meant in the overview with other buildings you've mentioned it provides population. For example with winter. With fall you've noted it as none. Although it does provide population.

I agreed with the point made for balancing. Although there's no real reward for happiness anymore or a penalty for lacking it. Not like it's difficult to get happiness nowadays anyways.