• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Please remove 2000 cap on militairy

• Thread starter DeletedUser1418
  • Start date

conqueror9

Regent
Did I suggest in there b4

divide into wound and "non-wound" army pool
select soldier from "non-wound" army pool

each type of soldier, attached amount in there in the picture
e.g. conscript 150
u select a army to attack army
it become
conscript 149

there is no need to put ...so many box
each box ..1 soldier type with amount

it also resolve the problem that player seeking where is his "attached soldier"

vakini

Squire
I think Im one of those who on homeland-servers have above 2.000/2.500 units of troops, I havent got any useful feedback from my moderators there yet, but I think I today found a way to log in there:

for several days I could only log in after 12.00 p.m. and was after 1-2 hours rejected again and then have to wait to next midnight before I could log-in again.
then I remember I always accepted the new winterevent Quest and doing the quest, before I was rejected.
today I didnt accepted the quest, and havent have any problems to log in.

(my problems is game loading between 61-65% and then stopped, reloading gives the same problem)

Looks like the game is loading when there is a quest waiting to be accepted

PS. I dont know if this is the right place to the abowe)

DeletedUser

Sorry , but I have to ask. How a player can have more than 2,000 units ?
I understand that with lvl 20 + alcatraz you don't need a lot of time to reach that number if you have a lot of barracks . But you never use that?

If for every attack you lose 7 units , with 2000 you can do almost 300 attack, that means almost 4 sectors with 80 defense. You really need that much?

Another question, if you have 1990 units, and alcatraz lvl 22(gives 20 units), when you try to pick up this, you have 2010, 2000 or you can't pick up alcatraz?

PD: i don't try to insult the game of anyone, i'm just trying to understand

conqueror9

Regent

Barrack provide attached unit, each barrack give 4 soldier , u get 5 soldier if u dimaond the 5th slot
soldier divide into "attached" and "un-attached"
for "attached soldier", barrack gone, it gone becos it is attached
providing 2000 soldier, it is equivalent to 500 barrack ( 4 soldier only )
but we do not have area to place 500 barracks and its population ( to erect 500 barracks )

so you get 2000 soldier
the only way is "Alcatraz" , "event" and "quest"
amount of un-attached soldier from "event" and "quest" are countable, not many

so the only source is Alcatraz
For a Alcatraz at level 1, it produce 4 un-attached soldier, it take 500 days to make 2000 un-attached soldier
Higher level Alcatraz, the more un-attached soldier, lesser day to meet 2000 soldier limitation

There are 3 main reason that u have that amount of soldier
a.. ..soldier that abondon.... when u grow from bronze age to Late Middle Age ( for example ), the battle in LMA do not require bronze age soldier, u keep them , but cannot use it...of course, u can do a cleaning in bronze age soldier, but not iron-age soldier as they may be used in GvG
b. .. Alcatraz keep on pumping soldiers
c... GvG.. GvG require a lot of soldier of different mode to play
i... u get from Alcatraz
ii... some player intend to build up sufficient amount of various type of soldiers
for example, he want to help in iorn age while he is industrail age
he demolish all barrack and build a lot of iron age barrack (e.g. 10 barracks )
his un-attached industrail age soldier will be all kept, they take space in that 2000
...etc

trayk

Steward
How on earth do I know how many I have? I've been testing for over 2 years now...

Open army management. Move slider all the way to the beginning of the list. Click the little arrow that shifts the armies to the right and lets you view them. COUNT the number of clicks. #clicks total/5 *6 +12= number of units you have total

I have 1524 clicks 1524/5= 304.8 * 6= 1828.8 + 12 so I have ~1840 units give or take a few..

DeletedUser1264

If for every attack you lose 7 units , with 2000 you can do almost 300 attack, that means almost 4 sectors with 80 defense. You really need that much?

I'm not sure I understand your question. When I fight, I don't lose 7 units per battle, but I might end up with six wounded ones that I would then set aside and replace with full-health ones. So that increases the number of units I want to have on hand, right? And for a hard-fighting player with campaigns in multiple eras four hexes isn't outlandish.

I'm not in that position, but I'm repelled by the rampant thoughtlessness of nerfing our GBs, then trying to assuage us by allowing us "unlimited" GB levels, then nerfing Alcatraz because something totally predictable happened. Something predictable that should have been avoided by revamping the army management mess ages ago.

DeletedUser1418

Open army management. Move slider all the way to the beginning of the list. Click the little arrow that shifts the armies to the right and lets you view them. COUNT the number of clicks. #clicks total/5 *6 +12= number of units you have total

I have 1524 clicks 1524/5= 304.8 * 6= 1828.8 + 12 so I have ~1840 units give or take a few..

I don't think my health insurance will cover RSI.:confused: Besides... I need to be stoned for taking the time to count to 1524... :p

DeletedUser

I understand that with lvl 20 + alcatraz you don't need a lot of time to reach that number if you have a lot of barracks . But you never use that?

Another question, if you have 1990 units, and alcatraz lvl 22(gives 20 units), when you try to pick up this, you have 2010, 2000 or you can't pick up alcatraz?

PD: i don't try to insult the game of anyone, i'm just trying to understand

players who lose 7 units in one fight never reaches the 2000 units
but players who can defeat all neighbors and losing 7 units or less can :rolleyes:
(ok some neighborhoods are weaker than other but that is not the fault of the top player in it)

and NEED ?
we don't need anything really in this game:
long time ago we could play this game very good without great buildings:
no coin boost, goods from GB, attacking boost

so did we need it? no
but we got them. so we play with them

and we got more than 2000 units and played with them
and now they don't let us do that anymore

how about reducing all great buildings bonus to half of them

and the reason for that:
"you really need that much" with the answer: NO

how about getting paid less in the job:
and your boss asks you: "you really need that much?"

taking things away with the argument: you don't need it
for me that is communism

Last edited by a moderator:

vakini

Squire
after update to ver 1.41 on homeland servers I lost troops because the limit of 2.500, and I only discovered it because there was missing troops in my milytary Buildings, I dont know how many unattached I lost too.
-
with that experience I mean it is urgent to get a troopcounter in the troopadministration, so we have a possibility to manage our troops.

DeletedUser

I am missing 190 normal unattached units (and maybe many rogues: didn't count them because above 1000) :mad:
since todays update on my regular world

DeletedUser1418

Something is in the pipe-line... the cap is removed till further notice. I have no clue how much damage these actions may have caused, as there is NO way to check it, but at least I can now continue the game. I will require some form of compensation for the 3 weeks my game was practically unplayable, nevertheless the good news which is now mentioned in the 1.41 Announcement:
The 1.41 feedback highlighted some issues in the army units limit feature that we were planning to implement on all language versions. Therefore we have decided to cancel the change for now. We have developed a workaround that will make everyone able to play, even with a big amount of units for a little longer. In January we will go for cleaner and better solution that will for sure satisfy everyone.

Thank you for your valuable feedback!