• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Cannot Reproduce: Phantom Forgepoints [41099]

Andi47

Overlord
Reproduction Steps:
not entirely sure, but it happened to me when doing one of these:

1.) have less than 8 FP in the FP bar; timer for next FP is close to reaching zero
2.) open own tavern, collect tavern silver
3.) while doing step 2, the FP timer reaches zero, a FP is added
4.) close tavern
--> now another FP was added (I name this "phantom Forgepoint")

or
1.) have less than 8 FP in the FP bar, timer for next FP is close to zero
2.) visit all friend's taverns
3.) polivate neighbourhood, guild and friends
4.) while doing either step 2 or 3, the timer reached zero, a FP was added (afterwards I had 8 FP)
5.) finished polivating
--> another FP was added (now the FP bar showed that I had 9 FP)
6.) bought a FP (now I had 10 in the bar - at least it looked like this, see below)
7.) added a message to the 10 FP chain of our guild
8.) opened the GB list of the previous poster and opened his desired GB
9.) clicked "spend 10 FP from bar"
--> 10 FP went into the GB, but a 5 FP package from my stock was opened (this is what I wanted to avoid by buying the (seemingly) 10th FP!!!!), I ended up with 4 FP (from the package) in my FP bar.

Note: When having a "phantom FP" in the bar, and adding all FP in the bar to the tech tree (or when still having the old GB window (like on the live servers) and adding all FP in the bar to a GB), then an error "you need to have xy FP to do this" occurs; all FP seem to be gone, none is spent to the desired place. After reload, the correct amount of FP are displayed in the bar and can be spent without a problem.

Issue Description (10/10): In some cases a phantom FP (i.e. a FP which is not really there) is added to the FP bar on the client side (the FP bar goes out of sync!). Two such cases are described above (I am still not entirely sure what causes the problem, but I "caught" the addition of a phantom FP in these cases). When a phantom FP is present, trying to spend all FP in the bar causes troubles as described above.

Player:
World:
Operating System:
Browser Version:
Viewport Size:

1.98.ce3760d (17.03.2017 12:29), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 25,0,0,127, Windows 10, Chrome/57.0.2987.98, 1920x950, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: trying to search with keywords give either zero result or umpteen pages of results (the word FP is used everywhere), so nothing found.

Andi47

Overlord
Well - maybe I can stop reporting bugs here - I reported three bugs in the last two weeks, and none of them got even an "investigating" tag. :(

Back to topic: It seems that the "phantom points" appear every time when doing an action which forces the client to sync with the server (e.g. visiting a tavern, collecting tavern silver, collecting or restarting production, deleting a unit (for a quest), start recruiting a unit, etc.... - a few moments before or after the FP bar timer reaches zero and a "regular"*) FP should appear. (the client sync's with the server, and it seems that a few moments after the sync the phantom FP appears)

I am not sure whether I have to do the "force client to sync" action a moment before or a moment after getting a new "regular" FP.

GUESS: In the .de froum some players have reported the building timers going out of sync (i.e. one collects all shrines with the "collect all", so all of them should start in the same second. Next day the shrines DON't finish their production in the same second - there is a time difference up to a minute). Maybe a similar thing happens to the FP bar? Example: The FP timer (client side) is at 0:05 seconds. In this moment the client is forced to sync (e.g. the player starts a production). While the client is at 0:05, the server side timer has already reached zero - during the sync the server tells the client that an additional FP has appeared. The player sees that a FP appears in the FP bar. 5 seconds later the client side timer reaches zero - another FP appears in the bar - the server knows nothing about it. So the player "got" two FP at the full hour, but one of these Forgepoints is a phantom FP.

*)
Note:
* "regular" FP means a FP which appears every hour as it should
* "phantom" FP means a FP which appears in the FP bar, but which is not really there. When trying to spend all FP in the bar, and a phantom FP is present, this causes an internal error (or a "you need xy FP to do this" error) and forces the game to reload.

Last edited:

podkap1970

Emperor
they sync problem is in game since january

since january its really Forge of Reloading now, not Forge of Empire, you should rename your game
the game runs out of sync so badly

Andi47

Overlord
Maybe one more hint to track down the bug:

Yesterday I had this (I think it was at .de3 or de5)

1.) timer was at ~39 minutes, I had no FP in the bar
2.) opened trade window, selected the type of goods which I wanted to trade
3.) found an offer from a friend or a neighbour
4.) I wanted to accept the offer - got a window saying that I need to buy at least one FP
5.) confirmed and bought one FP (with the trade window still open in the background)
6.) accepted the offer (had to pay one FP)
7.) found another suitable offer from the hood
8.) attempted to accept the offer and expected the "you need to buy at least one FP" window to pop up
9.) it seems that the FP did not disappear from the FP bar, so the client attempted to pay the trade with this FP
10.) internal error, reload
11.) FP bar was empty (just as expected), timer at ~38 minutes
12.) opened trade window and searched for the suitable offer
13.) attempted to accept the offer
14.) "you need to buy at least 1 FP" window popped up
15.) confirmed and bought one FP
16.) accepted the offer
17.) closed the trade window
--> the FP was still displayed in the FP bar (It should have disappeared, because I used it to pay the trade fee)
--> needed to reload to get the FP bar back into sync.

DeletedUser6865

I also confirm this bug in both, in here in my beta account and also in my main account in the live servers.