• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Personal notes about other players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amdira

Baronet
Reason
After playing several years on several worlds you might find it difficult to remember specific characteristics about all the other players, who show up from time to time or even to remember why someone is on your FL- or ignore-list :).

Sometimes scrolling throug friends list you will find yourself asking who this player is and why and when he had been added to your FL^^Since it has become easier to change names, it would also be helpful to have a note with the old name.

After clearing your FL from time to time for not aiding or other reasons, you might receive a new FR after some time from the same player, but you cannot remember, why you kicked him.

I would also like to make little notes like "is selling goods", "helped me with whatever", "very friendly/unfriendly", "snipes within FL", "doesn't aid", "plundering regularly" or "only attacking, not plundering", "bad behaviour in global chat", "sent unrequested FR 5 times"^^ and so on.
Details
Those notes just could be added to the player's menu list you find when clicking on the player's name in chat, messages or social bar as a pop-up.
Another possibility might be a note-function in their cities. You could click a pop-up-note-field and enter or edit notes about the player.
Balance
I cannot see any impact on other game features as it would be only for personal use and nobody else could see them.
Abuse Prevention
I cannot see any
Summary
Personal notes would help not only long-time players to remember other player's positive or negative behaviour and also help with name changers.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Didn't find anything similar in suggestions.
I would like to have the possibility to make little notes regarding other players to help remember specific characteristics of them.

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
I proposed this in the Italian forum (and it was approved). I actually would like to be able to TAG players with specific tags like: merchant, plunderer, self-leveller, sniper, possible new entry etc. This would be also useful because players can change names and avatars, hence I would not be able to recognize someone who completely changed identity; also, we could tag people who write in global chat (like those who are looking for goods or want to join a guild). So I'm 100% in favor of this.

Thunderdome

Emperor
If it makes it easier than me breaking out the Excel worksheet and tagging people for various reasons (main ones for me are: target, goods trader, 1.9 exchanger, aider, and seat warmer/sponge) then I am all in for this.
I'd rather the developers work on other things.
You and me both, mate.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Although I like this idea, it is very old and was made several times before already in diverse variations - at least on the German forums...

The helper offers such a function btw...

Status
Not open for further replies.