• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 2nd December

DeletedUser10091

Can someone share the details of the attrition changes please?

Julian24

Viceroy
  • Fixed an issue where the Charcoal Express showed incorrect values when motivated on the App.

This was only fixed for the Charcoal Express and only on Mobile? Didn't this happen with all trains also in the browser?

jtrucker

Baronet
"Fixed an issue in negotiations where some options were not greyed out in time. "

Negotiation on beta now looks differently than on live servers - is that a new feature?
Here is the description, but sorry it is "twisted", hard to explain in words :):
First round - all your options (stuff you giving) are enabled... you give...
some are red = wrong item = greyed out/disabled in second round
BUT
Some yellow - good item but wrong person
Before - active/enabled for EVERY person including the one who has already received it and returned yellow = you COULD make a mistake and give it to the same person again (happened to me uncountable times especially when I'm in rush)
Now - for the person who already returned it, it is disabled/greyed out... for the person/s who didn't received it yet it is enabled/active so you can try.

All after all, nice feature preventing mistakes if you're in hurry = makes negotiation faster/easier... but, is that now new correct behaviour? It is the same in GE and BG. But only on beta, not on live.

Is it new feature or bug? If it is new feature - when is it coming to live?

Thanks

DeletedUser10047

Is it new feature or bug? If it is new feature - when is it coming to live?
According to the live server announcement, this feature will be coming to mobile in update 1.168, and to browser in update 1.169.

Hilary Briss

Merchant
Really!! do not like this change to the negotiating. Yes, it prevents you giving goods to someone who you have already given the same goods to, but I find it really messes up the way I negotiate as I use the full available list of goods visible to work out what I am doing regardless of whether I want to use it on a particular negotiator. We are not all children who need nannying through the game. At least make it optional.

jtrucker

Baronet
Yes, I agree wholeheartedly with Hilary.
It is very confusing "for my eyes" to move quickly, and while it prevents the mistake I made uncountable times, it SLOWS THE NEGOTIATION DOWN and significantly so. Instead of me moving the mouse a quickly clicking in given pattern (my own system) I have to stop and look at each person and it takes like 40-50% longer now. Now multiply it by like 20 negotiation in the row and it is quite significant time which I do not have so much.
So I am pretty unhappy about this change.
It wasn't broken and IMO there was no reason to fix it. And yes, we are not babies and if I make mistake of giving something to someone who's already refused it, so be it. my bad and I'll pay for it. Or I rather won't with the new system, but now I'm paying much much more by the fact that I cannot do as many daily as I used to simply because of this change. So NO thanks for this one.

So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make it optional in the settings somewhere.

DeletedUser10136

I don't like the change to negotiation either. It's so confusing.
I thought it might be b/c I was too used to the old system and had to give it a try. A week later, nope! still hate it.

Before, when I saw the screen, I got the whole picture, which was what, how everything got there, and could plan and mentally arrange things, even if I got interrupted and had to continue 5 minutes later.
Now, I have to keep some variables constantly in mind and adjust it every time i switch columns... And it's distrupting to watch those options flash back and forward...

Crazy idea. If you want to make the change, how about makes some distinction between the options that are ruled out for good and those are only out for this column? Like yellow in a red box or something?

DeletedUser9608

Agreed with the other posters above. I feel I've given this change a fair trial, as I negotiate my way through GE and now GBG each week. Dislike the change, it slows me down too. If you feel you must incorporate it for newbies, please make it optional so I can turn it off. Thanks.

Gab in Beta

Merchant
In the begining of this change, I made some mistakes too, beacause I didnt see all my available goods in every spot, but, in the long term, this change will erase some mistakes that are made rapidly when you are in a hurry. Its a change, and every change takes some time for us to adopt, not to mention new players that will sure find it easier with zero mistakes double time the same good becuse your eyes didnt saw that you already put same good above.
I like it +1
its a matter of 1-2 weeks and evveryone will be okey

jtrucker

Baronet
its a matter of 1-2 weeks and evveryone will be okey
I must respectfully disagree. I negotiate daily and I hate it more and more every single time. It gets slower and actually couple times I lost BECAUSE of the new system. Because I didn't see all available items, just two here, different two there, eventually there was one I didn't offer to anyone while another I offered twice. Bum, fail. Because I couldn't see them all and arrange it mentally what to give to whom.
As well in case that all offers in first turn return yellow, I've had mental system how to shift them smoothly. But now one is grayed out and at each person it is always different one. Of course it is the one I would NOT give to that person anyway. but it is visually very distracting and the quick smoothness of clicks is gone. All after all, the negotiation takes much longer, period. And since I have very limited time for the game (14 hrs work shifts don't leave too much time for playing), I'm forced to simply do less of them than I could do before. Simple as that.
So no. Not even after 2 months will it get better FOR ME.
But yes, I can see that SOME people might like and it might help them.
That's why I'm not begging for scraping the new system entirely, but pleading and begging for making it optional in the setting.

lekond

Steward
Maybe color of unaviable item (only to this slot) shoud not be the same as unaviable to all slots? For example, if we haven't enough items - item is yellow, but not like aviable and enough
May be unaviable for 1 slot should be lighter then unaviable to all? I think it will be more usefull for all