• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 27th May

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8963

I thought Vikings were the worst spent time ever in any game for that Yggdrasil... (I'm near ending round 13 on live). However, this buff it got made it much more rewarding.

Andi47

Overlord
-Lowered long construction times so 4 hours is now the longest

well.... doesn't work (yet?) when the production is started on mobile phone. Started building old Willows at 3 p.m.; still 2 hours to go....

DeletedUser9522

I've noticed that in many event buildings. In some it's displayed correctly, in some it still istn't. I don't mind that, since I also have noticed, I get the right amount of supplies, nevertheless to what is shown :)
It is displayed incorrectly where the event building is only giving supplies after motivation. (I have reported this bug in the german forum after the last summer event, but nothing changed yet).

qaccy

Emperor
-Changed the last quest to require collecting settlement goods and copper coins

So now you have to produce a whole bunch of useless stuff you won't be needing anymore? Great, who comes up with this kind of nonsence? Same guy/girl who came up with those great SAM GB's?

And who cares about leaving a functional settlement, the thing cease to exist when you leave it.
Oh yeah, and thanks for changing the goods/fp reward. Just when I'm getting to the end of this hellish settlement you make sure I won't be able to do the small version once finished. Somethimes I really wonder what the thinking over there is. How can we make as many players upset with us as we possibly can? Wonder who the big winner of this week is

Nevermind that they also made Yggdrasil a lot better, right? Or maybe that's somehow a negative too. :rolleyes:

Miepie

Baronet
Nevermind that they also made Yggdrasil a lot better, right? Or maybe that's somehow a negative too. :rolleyes:

To get a second runestone complete, I'll have to finish another 3 settlements within the fastest time limit. But if they're gonna increase the time needed, I won't be able to do that. That increase on the tree is completely justified without making it harder to finish the timelimit. Even though I've done those settlements, I'm still not convinced it was worth it. Not even with the increased bonusses. But I'd like to finish it all the way now I'm this far. So excuse me for not being over the moon by this change

DeletedUser

well.... doesn't work (yet?) when the production is started on mobile phone. Started building old Willows at 3 p.m.; still 2 hours to go....

We hope to have it released Friday. Wednesday's update we had to delay, and Thursday is a holiday.

kaymedic

Marquis
I would need two more runs to get a second maxed runestone. I guess it will be harder now and maybe need some time balancing again. I dont care about the longer construction times because I usually build them over night.

But I like the Yggdrasil Update :)
And the idea to switch the milestone quests (FP and goods) should be the end of this stupid FP grind a lot of people were doing. I just hope we can play the japanese village very soon.

DeletedUser7703

If the last quest requires 100 goods (for example) then it would be quite easy to reduce the good requirements for buildings by 100. We will have to see if there was any other re-balancing done - if this was the case it would make it slightly easier.

qaccy

Emperor
If the last quest requires 100 goods (for example) then it would be quite easy to reduce the good requirements for buildings by 100. We will have to see if there was any other re-balancing done - if this was the case it would make it slightly easier.

I didn't see any mention of adjustments to unlocking advancements, so it appears to me that this is just an additional number of goods that need to be produced on top of everything necessary to unlock up to the Mead Hall. I am curious how many it actually is though. Maybe 5-10 of each to sort of keep the same requirement of having 4 cultural goods buildings while also requiring that they actually be built? But along with the copper requirement, it's definitely going to add at least 4 hours to the completion time of a settlement if not 5 (depending on what you may have to build).

I do wonder though, were these new requirements simply added to the quest or did they replace the old ones?

DeletedUser10091

Changed the last quest to require collecting settlement goods and copper coins

Why? 90% of the settlement is collecting goods/coins, this adds nothing of value. It's tedious enough as it is without extending it further.

The other chances sound nice though.

Why? 90% of the settlement is collecting goods/coins, this adds nothing of value. It's tedious enough as it is without extending it further.

The other chances sound nice though.

Because people were whining about Mead hall in another thread. That those last buildings are good for nothing because there is no need of building them. So I guess this is reaction. To force people to build them so they can have enough space for actual production.

Kesto11

Farmer
I would think it would be better to have Mead Hall and Clan House unlockable earlier/require fewer goods, then you can have the "Produce x amount of goods" quest to follow. The Mead Hall seems to be a rather trivial upgrade from Market considering how late it is obtainable. The diplomacy is irrelevant at that point and I'd rather run a 4 hour coin from Markets than wait 4 hours for a tiny upgrade. It doesn't seem like there would be time for it to return the loss taken from that lost production period.

The last thing you want to do with Vikings is make it take longer to complete. So many players are frustrated because it does take a fair amount of effort to beat the fastest timer, and many players cannot or do not want to log in constantly to reset the coin productions. Perhaps a marginal buff to the those could be made as well.

DeletedUser10091

Because people were whining about Mead hall in another thread. That those last buildings are good for nothing because there is no need of building them. So I guess this is reaction. To force people to build them so they can have enough space for actual production.
Well considering you destroy the settlement over and over, I wonder why anyone even cares? Sure lets add more grind to the grind.
It's a shame that the settlements don't serve any real long term purpose, even the Mars settlement is a throw away when Ceres comes out.

Well considering you destroy the settlement over and over, I wonder why anyone even cares? Sure lets add more grind to the grind.
It's a shame that the settlements don't serve any real long term purpose, even the Mars settlement is a throw away when Ceres comes out.

I know right? Well don't tell this to me, I agree with you completely. I am not the one who was whining about Mead Hall. But hey, lets complain about something meaningless that will take developers' time to adjust instead of letting them do things that would actually HELP most of the people... like... I don't know... from top of my head:

1) collect all button in mobile app
2) unlimited FP bar in mobile app (if they don't wanna make No.1, so people can actually collect their whole production at once)
3) show Great buildings timer on mobile app
4) Aid all friends, Aid all guild, Aid all neighbours buttons so people don't have to do this tedious clickfest everyday
5) rebalance Guild expedition rewards (because frankly, what we have now is terrible)
6) Shrink kit for Terrace Farm maybe (so it is once more relevant)?
7) tons of other more important things that would help most people

But no... let's complain about Mead Hall... so they can focus their work and time on this...

/facepalm

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I didn't see any mention of adjustments to unlocking advancements, so it appears to me that this is just an additional number of goods that need to be produced on top of everything necessary to unlock up to the Mead Hall. I am curious how many it actually is though. Maybe 5-10 of each to sort of keep the same requirement of having 4 cultural goods buildings while also requiring that they actually be built? But along with the copper requirement, it's definitely going to add at least 4 hours to the completion time of a settlement if not 5 (depending on what you may have to build).

I do wonder though, were these new requirements simply added to the quest or did they replace the old ones?

Well if it's 10 of each only that really doesn't address much of anything - mead hall and whatnot are still useless buildings you never actually use and you'll make your copper in your shrines for the quest. If they do take say 400 goods out of the tech tree and move them to the final quest that might allow people to feel like they're building up a settlement to be productive with the final layout having great significance in your completion time rather than the final layout being inconsequential to your completion time.

qaccy

Emperor
@xivarmy 10 of each good may not be much, but remember the quest itself actually requires copper collection as well. Depending on how much it is, a Mead Hall or two may not be a bad idea!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
@xivarmy 10 of each good may not be much, but remember the quest itself actually requires copper collection as well. Depending on how much it is, a Mead Hall or two may not be a bad idea!

Unless it's a huge amount of copper, it still pretty much will be. You'll be giving up 4 hours of production in shrines/markets to convert to mead halls - and mead hall is only about 30% more efficient than a market - about 16 hours to approximately break even on tearing down markets to put up mead halls and if you only need at most 8 hours to make the goods...

Shrines are much easier to fit in general - and the only *decent* 2x2 building available so you'll probably be using mostly them anyways for the copper still

Miepie

Baronet
Maybe another change, add one shard to the standard reward, so finishing in time will give you 10 shards -> if you complete the tree, that'd mean 150 shards = 2 runestones complete. Asking for two more rounds of efford is a bit annoying considering the reward. And those who don't manage the time-line at least get one. It must be a bit dishearthening seeing the time reduced when you didn't make the last one.

DeletedUser9666

Lastly now it will attractant more players to go for the grand prize instead of doing 25 fp loop.

I seriously doubt.
I dedicate this Kevin O'Leary (Shark Tank) quote to InnoGames:

"I want to tell you to take this behind the barn and shoot it, so that it leaves time for you to do something else. This product is a dog."