• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Ode to Anwar -- New Event

DeletedUser5902

OK, so we have a new event, which I understand is a tribute to a developer (Anwar) who passed away.
The reward for completing 10 quests is a Speaker's Corner. What is a Speaker's Corner?

DeletedUser2752

Since we're in the spoilers section, I'll put the current stats here:

Speaker's Corner
oh4k2A5.png

• Type: Residential Building
  • Size: 3x3
  • Obtainable From: Memorial Event 2015
- Coins are doubled when motivated; can be plundered when not motivated
- Renovation Kit needed to upgrade building
- Happiness/Great Building boosts influence coin output
AgeAttack*Population
Coins
(per day)
Iron Age5%11765090
Early Middle Ages6%1801,080180
High Middle Ages6%2531,510278
Late Middle Ages6%3322,000405
Colonial Age7%4193,040495
Industrial Age7%5123,790600
Progressive Era7%6124,600750
Modern Era8%7175,720840
Postmodern Era8%8267,200870
Contemporary Era8%9429,370900
Tomorrow9%1,06110,850930
*Increases the attack boost only to the attacking army

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

haha

higher attack bonus in later ages (unlike Tigers Den with constant bonus)

so players must use Renovation Kits to upgrade it when they advance
and I bet in the Future Era it will have 10%. and that is why the Future starts after the event :rolleyes:

with constant bonus players wouldn't need to upgrade because we already have too much coins (and population)

DeletedUser5800

haha

and I bet in the Future Era it will have 10%. and that is why the Future starts after the event :rolleyes:

with constant bonus players wouldn't need to upgrade because we already have too much coins (and population)

Seems like a good building and the fact it improves with each ERA means it will remain relevant and a fitting memorial and remembrance of one of the games lead developers.

DeletedUser

Seems like a good building and the fact it improves with each ERA means it will remain relevant and a fitting memorial and remembrance of one of the games lead developers.
in memorial to such a great game designer it could be a building that advance automatically with each era ;)

DeletedUser5800

in memorial to such a great game designer it could be a building that advance automatically with each era ;)

Seems a very well thought out and balanced event building to me. One of the better offerings for a long time in fact and who knows maybe there will be a memorial event every year to mark his passing and possibly provide an upgraded building like the tree of love. Even if that isn't planned I think the focus should be on the reason behind the event rather than the rewards it brings.

DeletedUser5799

haha

I think you might be wrong about when 10% attack bonus will come in as other rises have a minimum of 2 levels and the majority cover 3 era's .

I expect this might be to give you time to gain the needed upgrade kit as you can upgrade more than one level.
Just a thought as to how it might play have fun Geoff

Seconddream

Merchant
I have read of the death of Anwar and wish all team Forge of Empires strength in these sad days.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is one special building, new players ( after this event ) do they have also the opportunity to get also this building?
Because of the attack bonus i wonder.

DeletedUser

I wasn't able to complete all the quests in time to get this memorial building. Didn't know we'd have less than 7 days to complete the event. :(

DeletedUser4327

My condolences to the Dev's family and the Inno team members.

DeletedUser6786

First of all, my condolences and best wishes to the family, friends and co-workers of Anwar.

Second, as an attacker who has expressed some disappointment with the weakening of the attack, I am pleased and thrilled with the Speakers Corner. It is in my opinion the best special building out there, with the possible exception of my beloved wishing wells. Though I think when I start my new guild the SC will be the definite favorite. Too bad I can only get one. :D

This special building is a fitting tribute to a real warrior, Anwar.

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
Good evening and pay my condolences to his family, his friends and his colleagues of Anwar
I do not know if here is the appropriate section
but I have the impression that the avatars of Hero's has a gap in color
https://prntscr.com/8dk1yc

DeletedUser6786

Would it be fitting if, like the Shrine of Knowledge, Speaker's Corner was one of the first buildings (even the first) to be motivated by Aid, and before any polishing too?