• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Now where we get upgradering til Settlements building, some did sell them

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Reason
As it is now, you can only do a settlement once så if a player sold his building, he can't get a new, nor there he see the upgrades
Details
I fear we will see many support tickets, with players who want their building back
Balance
It will be a fair way to get a new building, if they did sell one of them
Abuse Prevention
It should only be possible if they did sell the building, then the settlement should be reset, as if they never did it.
Alternativ the upport will have to replace the building and that can be abused
Summary
When a player sell a settlement main building, reset the settlement as if it was never done. Event with a delay of 10 days, so a deletet building can be given back of the support if deletet with a mistake the last 7 days
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Have not seen any
I have seen, er get some mega cool upgrades to our settlements buildings, but I also know, some already sold some of them, as they found them crappy now.
My idea is, if a player sell a settlement building, he will be able to start that settlement again, so he/she kan get a new building

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
but giving buildings such an insane boost for doing nothing: that is the wrong thing to do - always
:rolleyes:

in events players must earn the improvement with getting the golden upgrade

how would the players react when they decide:
Inno will change the Shrine of Knowledge: it now gives 16 FP, 40 goods and fight boost
for free. if you have them still in your city: congrats

I am still waiting. where is the buff
View attachment 10942
You are comparing a buidings that every player can get regardless of when they started playing and requires month of hard work (settlement unique buildings) with a building given in event (mostly) whose frequency was nerfed a lot (from full building to fragments) and recently removed from most event (SoK).

For the first it make sense to have a free buff with no additional effort.
For the second you already saw how INNO might improve that kind of building: level 2.

There is some speculation that the time linked building will also get a boost.
I would not be surprised if those require one or more additional run of the settlement to get a golden upgrade (if it is a regular upgrade anyone sitting on his kits can just upgrade it directly).

Kronan

Viceroy
but giving buildings such an insane boost for doing nothing: that is the wrong thing to do - always
@CrashBoom said ↑↑↑

It's pure economics: If they want to re-ignite interest in the entire settlements franchise, of which they have 5 and soon 6 venues, this is one way to do it. It's not wrong to put something on sale -OR- reset the valuation of an item due to what inflation has done to it. That's why NOTHING in the Auction Dealer moves. The items are NOT inflation adjusted.

As well, they put diamonds on sale, and buildings on sale for cost, why can't they also put new, attractive valuations on items they currently have in play? They do it all the time - every day - a level 2 gets delivered on something in an event. This is no different. There might even be Level 3 buildings soon, as commonplace.

Wait until they resurrect SoK's (the game franchise's MASCOT...) and give them a 3, and 4... everyone will ask for the hundreds of SoK's they sold - to be returned. LOL

You can be absolutely sure that those boosts will be fully ameliorated by backend changes in the fighting model AI. It looks like we're getting massive increases, but they will all be softened on the battlefield without any fanfare.

It's similar to the 100, 200, and 300 % black flask boosts. We all thought we died and went to heaven after living with 5, 10 and 20% on-demand attack boost since .... forever.

We just said thank you - but many realized that the changes already in progress for the battlefield required those seemingly gargantuan boosts to keep pace with re-designed and augmented defensive AI changes.

Bottom line - REST ASSURED we're NOT getting all of what those increases show up front, and for free.

But they look damn good on paper. Don't worry Crash - they giveth with one hand publicly , and taketh away with the other hand, rather silently.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
Wait until they resurrect SoK's (the game franchise's MASCOT...) and give them a 3, and 4... everyone will ask for the hundreds of SoK's they sold - to be returned. LOL

Settlements has a running total of how many runs you've completed - therefore it's easy to know where you should be at.

I don't see anything in the game to indicate there's a running total for how many of a individual building you've ever obtained for the lifetime of your city. Without a running total I highly doubt Inno would be returning a bunch of Shrine of Knowledge like that. And if they did, it'd likely be restricted to 1 building, not hundreds

It's similar to the 100, 200, and 300 % black flask boosts. We all thought we died and went to heaven after living with 5, 10 and 20% on-demand attack boost since .... forever.

We just said thank you - but many realized that the changes already in progress for the battlefield required those seemingly gargantuan boosts to keep pace with re-designed and augmented defensive AI changes.

Bottom line - REST ASSURED we're NOT getting all of what those increases show up front, and for free.

Honestly? I'd rather get those boosts than not have them. If they weren't boosting the buildings pretty good chance we'd still have whatever difficulty curve gets added to the game anyway, just wouldn't have the extra boosts to work with if those weren't being added

Kronan

Viceroy
Yes, @Emberguard - it was sort a "tongue-in-cheek" (humorous) comment about the theory of returning "out of value" game things that players sold, once Inno rebuff's them again. I think they would, in reality, say - nope - you can't have 84 SoK's back... or 16 Terrace Farms, either.

I will say this though: If Inno changed the math on the RED ATTACK BOOST flasks from a flat % add (so adding 5%, 10%, or 20%) to a % boost at the same rate, but on your current boost rate... so

Let's say you have 1000% RED SWORD currently, and if you used a 10% red flask, you'd get 10% MORE on 1000%, or 1100% .

OLD way: 1000% + 10% = 1010%
Suggested New way: 1000% + 10% x (1000) = 1100%

They'd have a lot more value and would be flying off the shelf.... :)

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Yes, @Emberguard - it was sort a "tongue-in-cheek" (humorous) comment about the theory of returning "out of value" game things that players sold, once Inno rebuff's them again. I think they would, in reality, say - nope - you can't have 84 SoK's back... or 16 Terrace Farms, either.

I will say this though: If Inno changed the math on the RED ATTACK BOOST flasks from a flat % add (so adding 5%, 10%, or 20%) to a % boost at the same rate, but on your current boost rate... so

Let's say you have 1000% RED SWORD currently, and if you used a 10% red flask, you'd get 10% MORE on 1000%, or 1100% .

OLD way: 1000% + 10% = 1010%
Suggested New way: 1000% + 10% x (1000) = 1100%

They'd have a lot more value and would be flying off the shelf.... :)
Considering they've introduced an more powerful variation (black flasks), I could see them introducing an new variation on such flasks that buff player's %:att_def_attacker: / %:att_def_defender: by X%. Would be epic and whatever building making it, would probably be very desirable and sought after. Even if it's an 1-time deal. Like an settlement main building price. Which is imho the most fair way of handing out such an 1-time off building that powerful.

XIA*

Marquis
sold it? it was your decision. Same as selling event buildings only to realize 2 months later that it is getting a gold upgrade. Are you going to want everything you sell back? It's a decision you made. live with it.

CrashBoom

Legend
Same as selling event buildings only to realize 2 months later that it is getting a gold upgrade.
no it is not the same
event buildings could be won 10 times during the event that gives the gold upgrade o_O

settlement buildings are unique

Are you going to want everything you sell back?
SURE

everything that gets a HUGE INSANE buff and can't be won again

.Chris

Baronet
They could give the players a Lvl. 1 building and add fragments of Upgrade Kits (i.e. NOT including Lvl. 1) to the rewards available for the infinte prizes.
  • Everyone gets the chance to have the full building
  • Still no one gets to have more than one building in their city
  • Those who never did them don't have a disadvantage
  • Those who sold get punished a little bit

CrashBoom

Legend
or they could do a rival giving those settlement buildings

like the building that once was unique: santas showtime

o_O

Macha

Squire
no it is not the same
event buildings could be won 10 times during the event that gives the gold upgrade o_O

settlement buildings are unique

SURE

everything that gets a HUGE INSANE buff and can't be won again
historical quests used to give unique buildings, now its possible to get multiple copies of them, its likely only a matter of time before settlements buildings are the same
eg, botanical rotunda from genghis khan historical questline
royal marble gateway from napoleon historical questline
checkmate square from Einstein historical questline

Inno might initially introduce new buildings as 1 off & unique but they dont stay that way

And if the settlement buildings are unique & players can only get 1 of them then why are players being given their 2nd building, they earned 1, got rid of it & now Inno are giving them their 2nd copy

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
If they want to balance attacking and defending army bonuses in QI it should give 30% A/D to attacking army in QI (the total of the other building is 70% attacking army and 100% defending army).
and that is what they will do ;)

at the end all settlement buildings together will give 100% for all QI values